How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the site by looking up "How to make Halo armor" in google and a video came up and it mentioned the 405th. So I searched that and waited a month and a half before registration opened.

When browsing on youtube i found some video`s of people wearing Halo armor at a Con and thought to myself: thats pretty awesome.
So i started searching on how they made them and ended up here.

I was surfing youtube, looking at machinima and someone had posted a video of their progress on their armor. There was a link to the site in the description. I think it was Ithica.

At first I was like WTF?

And then I was like "Oh cool!"

I can has Halo armor!

Just kidding, I found the site and started lurking until I was actually able to join.

instructables.com, and spite..... lol my friends had mentioned to me how hard it would be to make a halo helmet, (not the suit, i just really wanted to shut them up) but i said i could and wanted to do it and they told mei couldn't so i showed them up. did a wee bit of searching on instructables.com ( also a member there too, slimguy379) but andy mogul had a special with some information on the 405th.com, hence... here i am

A little late to post I think but.... :D

I saw the video of Adam on youtube, then the comments were like "is that Adam?" and stuff like that lol hehe

Then I searched around in google, then found the site like right away hehe

Found this site form the Indy Mogul how to vid for Master chief armor. I think I was searching for how to using fiber glass for movie props. Then the site was use as a reference. Good stuff!

I don't remember, it was a while back. Maybe youtube. Didn't have to wait more than a few weeks for registration to open, ;p

one day I tripped over a video concerning the site IndyMogul.com.
the vid was about 4min long. They said: "pepp, resin, fibreglass, bondo&Apoxy, paint and finish it, bam. Now that I've started I know the process is not 3 mins. But I still wanna do it :)
Wel they also said that 405th was super-helpfull and awesome and i checked it out. He was RIGHT!!

Awesome :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surfing on YouTube, then found a link to make DIY Halo Armor. I later found out who the cool chick was that made the armor (skullcandygirl), IndyMogul, and the website.
registered in March.
Now, currently my #1 fav. site. Thnx to everyone who created it! :D

I was sick one day(you dont want to know) and i was watching halo armor vids...then thats when the magic happenned. I swa a link to you site and then it was all history from there on!!!

I was surfing youtube and found Adam's channel by typing in "how to make armor". His link sent me to the mighty 405th site. And I got to say that I was blown away. Not only was it a great site but the people who run it are great mentors. Keep it up Guys!

Like a few of you have said, I was on YouTube looking at people's armour and a few of them made references to this site.

i found this site while searching on google for how to make master chief armor, didnt look into it to much till instructables, youtube, and section-sixteen directed me to this site.

It started out last year when i was looking for a halloween costume and saw the rubies "deluxe" costume. I was amazed at first but soon realized it was just a cheap vinyl jumpsuit and had my dreams crushed. Still determined to find a better one, I googled halo costume and found adams pics of the red armor and thought OMG! I wanted to everything i could and found the mjolnir armor site which led to Devin and Adams stuff and eventually here, to the 405th.

My gawd... been a member here for nearly two years, and you know what? I don't think I ever posted in this thread :oops: lol

Anyway, way back then I was surfing the net one day and Google'd "Master Chief Armor". Thought maybe I'd come across something other than on eBay. I'd already seen Nightmare Armor's Mk VI costume, but I was actually looking for something a little more detailed.

So, I started the Google search, and low and behold one of the first links that came up was for a site called "MJOLNIRArmor.com" (what I've heard some members refer to as the "old" 405th, lol). I immediately recognized the reference, so decided I'd take a look to see what it was all about.

After joining the membership, I lurked around the forums for a bit, just reading up on things (ie. Pep modelling, building techniques, etc.) and getting a feel for what was involved, then finally downloaded JediFraz's HALO 2 Pep files and got started on my long, on-going WiP Mk VI build.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back