How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly before Halloween of last year I was thinking of what I wanted to dress up as. Well I thought it would be pretty cool to dress up as master chief so I did some hunting for some good costumes. I found a few cheap ones that did not impress me at all, and the ones that did were way beyond the amount of money I wanted to spend. When I was searching though all the different costumes I came across one that someone had made, and it was so well built that I got curious enough to see if anyone else had done the same. I found more people that had already built their own armor, and since so many people were doing it I began to do some digging to find out how they did it. Eventually I ran across the 405th. I did a lot of reading on here and decided to start on my own armor. Ive been floating around here as one of the guests almost on a daily basis for the last 6 months or so lol. Registration opened up yesterday and was still open when I got on today so I jumped right in.

Got bored one day at work a few months back looking for cool costumes and i saw a bunch of MC suits so i kept digging and most of them were linked in some/every way back to here :D

I saw the Indy mogul video on Youtube that taught people the basics of making the armor, and it provided me with a link to more info, and my curiosity peaked.

I found this site when I was looking for another way to make a helmet for anime character cosplay that I was making and I have been hooked was able to register just a little while ago. Which I made that helmet with insulation foamboard but I think when I remake it it will be with pep when I get it modeled

Well i was looking a round for some halo screens and popped up to a picture of a self made helmet and i checked the link to see more, and now here i am

I was google'ing (<---if it wasn't before, it's a word now, I just added it to my dictionary and everything :p) EVA helms for paintball. Saw several pep helms...and ignored them completely. I turned around and tried to make one with cardboard... it didn't work out. So I made a desperate attempt to find the pep helm(mind you I didn't know what pepakura was at the time) but found nothing for FOUR HOURS! finally I started looking up something along the lines of "how to make halo armor" and found a you tube link to Adam's Orientation vid. I was immediately possessed by the urge to join but unfortunately the gates were closed for registry. I spent the next two weeks praying as I checked the site to see if the gates may have been open. I even went as far as sending an E-mail asking for permission to join. Then one day, I saw the post saying that it was opened for one day only, I looked at the date, then to the calender squealed with glee (in a VERY manly fashion, mind you) and entered. So now I'm here, swimming around in the forums, gathering information and leaving 2cents wherever might be wanted. Wow, I just realized...this is a long post...Huh...no kidding...

I just got interested in finding out how to make Master Cheif armor on google when I tried your site. and VUA LA! it was godsend.

I was browsing Indy Mogul and checked out their Mjolnir armor creation spot. It was, breath taking. Thank you skullcandy girl for working with Indy Mogul. it was the links they included in the video that led me here..

I'm a big fan of Indy Mogul too and I found there "Mjolnir Armor" tutorial video to be incredibly interesting, the hostess said that there would be blueprints at a site called "405th.com" and I checked it out and I found this wonderful place.

thank you Indy Mogul

Mistress Chief was funny too :lol:

Same here. I was searching up how to build ODST armor and came across indymogul's "DIY Halo Armor" video on Youtube featuring our very own SKG and the 405th. I had to wait about a month to join due to the registration lock, but I was so intrigued by the ease of pepakura and the plethora of info here that I simply spent that month reading and taking notes on how to build the armor. The tons of videos on Youtube regarding Halo armor also helped to fuel my intrests, and now im here.

I actually did not use google like everyone else. I was watching Indy Mogul when their video caught my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back