How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam said:
Wow really?

There was a 405th booth there. I enjoyed learning about this community and what you can create with pepakura. I was glad when the registration was opened so I can be apart of this community.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Skullcandy Girl's video with Indy Mogul on the Instructables.com site.

I thought it looked pretty cool, and decided to do a bit more research. After stalking the forums for a few weeks, i finally managed to sneak in and create an account. Because i'm ninja like that

Silvanus said:
I saw Skullcandy Girl's video with Indy Mogul on the Instructables.com site.

I thought it looked pretty cool, and decided to do a bit more research. After stalking the forums for a few weeks, i finally managed to sneak in and create an account. Because i'm ninja like that

lol me too alot of my friends came here from the youtube video too if i were in charge id put more of those tuts on widley watched shows on youtube.

I actually remember just typing "making halo armour" into yahoo.com a couple of years ago and visited the original mjolnirarmor site. I bookmarked it and checked back on it last year, got redirected to this site and the rest is history: found a fantastic community!

Well, it all started when I needed an idea for a Halloween costume. I went online and thought a Master Chief suit would be a great costume. I did a search for "halo armor" and it lead me to instructables.com where I saw the video from member Skullcandy Girl. Followed the info to this site and have been hooked ever since. I first found this site in September of 08 and have been patiently waiting to register, but always missed the windows to register. Then recently I finally made the "cut". I tell you what, this site is a must for any halo fan!! 405th ID is pretty sweet.

I was on sith training temple when a passerby reccomended trying out pepakura for a Vader helm... I didn't really think that would work but I checked into pep anyway.

I googled pep and found the halo wiki before the forums and here i r!

Great place here and I had no idea the loads of time I would lose to such a great hobby in addition to the 501st and life :p

I saw p0rtalman walking around a con last year and though... yeah... that could be me...

Hence I went looking and this is what I found.

Doom said:
Hello to one and all! There has been LOADS of activity around these forums lately. Just the other day we broke our active users record with 791 active users at once! Our previous record was about 250 or so. My estimates are that of those 791 active users, about 700 of them were Guest's/Unregistered users.

Now with the publicity that we have been getting every few weeks, it gets quite hard to keep track of where people are coming from and what sites we are being put up on. If any of you guest's or newly registered users happen to see this Sticky, Please, just leave a link to the article or site that you found us from by making a post below. This allows us to see where everyone is being pointed from as we are somewhat clueless as to where we have been publicized otherwise.

Thanks,

-Doom
well, I've been haunting this site for quite a while. I got interested in the armor itself, tried making it for myself, found this site, came too late for registration a bunch of times, started building armor, finally got onto the better-class stuff, and finally found an open spot in registration... and now I'm here!!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Build_Halo_Armor/

I found it off instructables from the indy mogul video. I've been researching a lot on the site for a while now but just got into registration and brought my friend in on it too!

I was on a papercraft board when someone posted their completion of a Mark VI helmet. I did a google search of "papercraft halo armor" and I came across the video "More halo weapons" on youtube from fartbuttface. He had a video of his own EOD armor he completed using pepakura files and in the comments, someone mentioned the 405th.

This site was mentioned in a post on MCarterbrown.com ( one of the major paintball forums) .. I had to come replace my cheesy storebought costume with one that actually fits ..

Thanks for the great site

INDY MOGUL!!! and im happy that i did. everyone sent in requests for halo armor, and a member of your community DELIVERED! i will work on my armor soon, but first do everything else i need 2 do. lol
but yeh, im a big home SFX guy, and being a spectator and part of a community that makes costumes as complicated, fun, and amazing as these, it really will be helpful for my movies. although it isnt exactly low budget, i definatley think its a good asset, and i thank INDY MOGUL!!!!! and you guys. :D :D :D

i was just wandering around the vast world of the internet, clicking any link that seemed interesting when one of those links brought me here. Im really glad i had nothing better to do that afternoon :lol:. That was a few months ago but every time i tried to register, it wouldnt let me but i just managed to register yesterday. I am happy to be a new member of your community ^.^

*edit* lol spelling errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back