How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Friend Spartanphalanx1 introduced me to the site not to long ago and started getting me into all the the modeling stuff.

well, i saw a backyard FX of halo armor, and saw the pepakura method, and decided why not? and so i did research and eventually wound up here to get started.

I looked vids on youtube and then I saw BFX vids with their crasy builds like a zombie or cuting in the middel by a frisbi ^^ at last I saw the vid with the halo armor :D and after a lot of searching I found this site so I register on this very nice site ... :p

how i found this place. Well when halo 3 was coming out i was trying to think about what we could do to make the release day at my store best buy, fun. So we thought lets make or buy costumes. so i found this place , but the limited time made us realise it was not possible to do. And also Last year i was trying to make a costume for halloween and i thought to get/buy a halo spartan costume and i came across this place again. Even though i can make things if i try, i am limited to what i can do. But seeing the amount of time it would take i passed on trying to make it again. I Did make a Jedi from Star wars Force unleashed costume instead last year which i wore to work at best buy an a lot of people loved it. Yes i know i need the pictures to prove it, i will post them when i can remember who took them, if not ill just put it on and show you all.

Now Halo3: odst is coming out, So me and my friend are going to try and make 2 costumes, maybe 3 of a Spartan and ODST and if i can get one of the girls from work ODST Dare. So i came across your site for a 3rd time(guess its a charm) So i like making things (3d Art) so im going to give this a try. I know its very ambitious of me seeing i have about 6 weeks but like i said i can get things to work. Right now i have just a helmet from ebay that looks like a Rough cast of the ODST one from Rube Lovely detail in it. Im looking at all the stickys in this place and it is helping a lot. I hope to get something close to the ODSTs as i can before odst is out, then i will work on perfecting on what i have to get it close as possible.

Me? I was bored at home on a sick day from work and wanted a new project to get obsessed with and remembered seeing some paper-to-fiberglass/resin halo helmets on the rpf some time back and went on a search. First thing I found was Skullcandygirl’s spot on Indymogul about making Halo Armor. I followed those links here.

i found the site while watching a youtube vid of master cheif and a marine in texas and they were riding in a cart pulled by a bicicle.

I was looking for a good forum with lots of links for prop makers like myself. It would appear that I found it. I signed up like 2 days ago I think.

I found 405th on Youtube! I was looking at Search: Master Chief videos and I saw the Indymogul video of making Halo Armor. If I saw this place at any other time, I would have just gone, "eh..." and moved on. But my friend and I were trying to figure out what we were doing for Halloween. I found you guys and I was SUPER EXCITED! My friend knows that this takes over a year and she doesn't care now. She justs wants to see how far I go mith my Armor!! :lol

i was watching an episode of backyard efects and skullcandygirl was on talking about pep armor and how it was the cheapest way to build halo armor so i went to the link on the screen

and in one minute i was hooked!! go 405th!!!!!!!!!!

Originally, I found it on google while looking for halo armor, but I didn't really bother with making an account and building some armor. I just read some posts and went on my way. A couple of months ago, I watched the indy mogul video and decided to build a set of armor. I started with some halo 2 armor, which I never finished because of my weta armor(link's in my sig), and recently I decided to make an account and post something.

I am interested in a new Hobby and creating wearable armor was very tantalizing. So I googled Halo Armor Creation 405th was the top site. After researching the forums for awhile I finally decided this was a place I could come to enjoy being at.

My story is one of sadism. I was at school, on instructables, and wanted to see people fail at making armor (which they so often do) and ended up finding the indy mogul video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back