How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom said:
Hello to one and all! There has been LOADS of activity around these forums lately. Just the other day we broke our active users record with 791 active users at once! Our previous record was about 250 or so. My estimates are that of those 791 active users, about 700 of them were Guest's/Unregistered users.

Now with the publicity that we have been getting every few weeks, it gets quite hard to keep track of where people are coming from and what sites we are being put up on. If any of you guest's or newly registered users happen to see this Sticky, Please, just leave a link to the article or site that you found us from by making a post below. This allows us to see where everyone is being pointed from as we are somewhat clueless as to where we have been publicized otherwise.

Thanks,

-Doom

odly enough it was by pure accident that i stumbled upon the 405th. I was searching for a tutorial on making props for halloween haunted house. Google.com ended me up at a site about making toys,models,etc from paper. a few of the odds and ends were made with Pepakura , and i began to search for props made with Pepakura. Upon seing the star warsy things people had made i began to search for other things,like armor (knights,J.R.R. Tolkein type armor and saw halo armor. the link led me here and thats how i became a fly on the 405th wall for many months.

Last edited by a moderator:
well yesterday i was just browsing and i saw a video on youtube of a guy in master chief armour. i think his name was adam and i saw the rest of his videos. he mentioned about the 405th and i came here

i was watching youtube videos and one of the videos was, "real master chief costume" and they were talking about getting the files from the 405th, so i came here, and it pretty much explains itself.

After Storm Troopers broke down my door last summer wanting information about Halo armor I decided to learn about it: they took my ice cream since i didn't know anything.

Just kidding, i saw an episode of BFX on youtube Last summer and they were making Halo armor. Erica was the guest star who explained the whole Pepakura method. She put a link up on the show and I followed it. But i was behind in school last year, so the wish was put on a shelf until a week ago. I already know what color and type of armor I'm making, I just need to do it.

I was looking for some builds on YouTube and they keep showing the links to here so I came here and after 2 months of coming on everyday I finally got to join (thanks to twitter)

i was looking around on youtube and found the channel by the name of gametavern and i was like wow thats crazy good then i went here a signed up

I came across a video from Indy Mogul on youtube a loooong time ago while searching for help on how to make some master chief armor. I had already downloaded pepakura a very long time ago and just now decided to give it a go.

Being that I was new to this armor making thing, I decided that I would come here and read up on some stuff. Since I knew I was going to need some pointers and help with this, I decided to just go ahead and join. :)

I had been watching Lee's videos for quite a while and after some time I questioned why he kept mentioning '405th'. So I went by my first instinct, typed 405th.com in the address bar and viola.

I was looking how create a ODST helmet fully outfitted with gear (comms and a HMD) and found a video on how to build halo armor ( or something similar) from from Back yard FX that had a link to here and after noticing this place had crappy organization i was like screw it and didnt come back for a while but now i can find my way around fairly easily we still need links to other costuming sites in my opinion but i like it here now.

EDIT ok found it

BTW nice pig shirt erica

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't come from a link people at comic con saw my costume and asked if i was with you when i told them no they would say i should join and shure enough when i got back the registration was open.

Hi, I'm a noob, I found 405th from the following sites in order:

the dented helmet

google

youtube

rpf

I scouring the web for iron man pep and it eventually led me to sharkhead's file. Thanks guys, this is a really nice forum.

I googled "how to make iron man costume" and eventually came here. Good thing, too, 'cos it would suck if I hadn't found this place.

i looked up gears of war armor(google) and came across NAS and i thought to myself i dont have that kind of money so then i looked up COG armor and a picture of Masterchief popped up and i was like where can i buy that halo suit? that is epic! then i clicked on a sight which brought me to instructables.com with a guide to making halo armor fron indymugul once 405th was advertised i was hooked ever since then so googl.com, instructables.com and indymogul :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back