How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, im a huge halo nerd, im also a cosplay nerd. and all day ive been trying to decide what to dress up as for fanimecon next year. Thats when the we are odst commercial came on TV. I said i gotta get in on that. Now im here lookin for where to start on ODST armor.

After many failed attempts at trying to find reasonably priced official microsft suit, I gave up and tried searching on how to make one myself. Couldn't be that hard eh? Then I found this awesome site and just couldn't believe the amount of information that's here on the site. I had no idea people had been doing this for so long.

Now I'm on the fast track to making my own suit for Halo-ween. Thanks 405th. See you on the 31st!

i saw a video on youtube on how to make the armor and got intrigued! i love halo and enjoyed playing it when i had an xbox. i always wanted to make a female spartan suit and the youtube video led me here which led me to female spartan suits :D

my freind had just told me about instructabes.com so i went there looking for a Bic pen crowsbow tut, the nerd i am i also searched halo armor resualting in me finding DoctorProfessorBiggs's tut, intriuged i looked on google until i stubled across 405th, a less than 10-15 page forum in standerd white-black text, i clicked on the first post i saw (i think skullcandy, but i maybe be wrong it was maybe two/1.5 years ago) i had no idea who adam was until i saw his youtube video of him going into gamestop (which they let him film, go figure) so yeah im a vetern in the traditional sense but never tried to make an acount until last year ending in me having to wait until you unlocked joining beacuase of spambots (i got a like 7 "enhancement" messeges :lol ). so i've been here lurking in the shadows for years but only came into the light of accountholder reacently. yeah, i know tltr xD

i've heard alot about "the 405th" since i started building my ESB Boba suit. Then i decided to take the plunge and signup!!

I was looking for replica weapons, specifically guns, for my custom Mandalorian armor. I've been playing ODST since it came out and all I had in my mind was Automag and Silenced SMG. So, I googled "replica m6c socom" and "replica automag" and stumbled upon leekegan's ODST m6c project. All his replicas look REALLY good and I might try purchasing some from him. That's when I figured I should sign up to the forums, especially since I'm going to eventually make me some ODST armor and this looks like a good place for information on where to start and how-to guides.

I was bored at work one day so I figured I'd jump over to my civilian line and Youtube some ODST firefight videos. In the "related videos" section there was a video of someone applying resin to a Mark.V pep. That in turn lead me to a tutorial about working with pre-made .pdo files for Halo armor which, in turn led me to the Halo Costuming wiki where the pep files were at. Naturally, that lead me here.

In essence, guilty by association. Or indirectly stumbled upon.

I have always been interested in armor making since I discovered someone's blog, but never really put my mind to it. So I put off discovering it until....I saw a Backyard FX video by Indy Mogul. The video gave some simple steps on how to make basic Halo armor and featured a member of 405th.com. I checked out the website and well, here I am now, a noob. :D

After the live action short "We are ODST" was out, I started looking for anything H3 ODST armor related and stumbled upon this site via Google.

I have absolutely, positively, no idea! All I know is that when I knew I wanted to make an ODST helmet for college, I signed up the first chance I had.

While trying to figure out how to fabricate armor for another project with a group of friends (for those curious, it was an old school Final Fantasy I group) I came across the Dented Helmet. I found useful sources but not quite what I needed. Then from there I got linked to here, the 405th. I have to say this is one of the greatest finds I have found in the costuming world (besides alleycatscratch for my Lord of the Rings costume, that site is god :D ). I am very excited to start my first project and to become a long-term member here :)

well i found this place through the halo costuming wikia while i was downloading pepakura files to make my costume

I found this place via simple google search and here I am now making geeky projects every day and being as big of a nerd as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back