How To Scale Your Armour - Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god for this :sleep after I spent a week on my first ODST helmet and seeing how it was to small I wanted to cry cause I wasted a lot of time and a lot of bed time with the misses (wont do that again! I'm still in pain!)

So I've done with what you stated, using the ODST reference you had there, came out, 320mm and bam okay size changed, wonderful! SADLY, are several pieces (all the damned curving ones!) are now to large to fit on a sheet of cardstock :sleep

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

im i supposed to use the pepakura designer or the veiwer? maybe this is the prob i cant scale. im i right? quick answer plz

Hikuro said:
Thank god for this :sleep after I spent a week on my first ODST helmet and seeing how it was to small I wanted to cry cause I wasted a lot of time and a lot of bed time with the misses (wont do that again! I'm still in pain!)

So I've done with what you stated, using the ODST reference you had there, came out, 320mm and bam okay size changed, wonderful! SADLY, are several pieces (all the damned curving ones!) are now to large to fit on a sheet of cardstock :sleep

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Yes, you will have to "cut" and rotate the part(s) before you print it/them.

And don't thank god, thank me :D.

Cha0sjump3r said:
im i supposed to use the pepakura designer or the veiwer? maybe this is the prob i cant scale. im i right? quick answer plz

Pepakura Designer.

Good luck to both of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you will have to "cut" and rotate the part(s) before you print it/them.

And don't thank god, thank me :D .

Holy crap you can do that?! HAH! I did not know! :eek You are my new found friend and I shall buy you cake and incecream! Only problem is that this be the internetz, so............you're not gonna get any. Go eat some turkey though! :p

Haha......I've got a 40 page head I'm so happy XD

Hikuro said:
Holy crap you can do that?! HAH! I did not know! :eek You are my new found friend and I shall buy you cake and incecream! Only problem is that this be the internetz, so............you're not gonna get any. Go eat some turkey though! :p

Haha......I've got a 40 page head I'm so happy XD

I didn't meen it as if I were God, I ment God didn't wright the tutorial.

And I'm glad you like the tutorial.

I just scaled out some apartan armor, and it works like a charm! Real quick, can your method be used to scale hayabusa shoulders? When it's in 3 seperate pieces, it's hard to tell how high it is. I'll also try the pep sccaling thread.

Good question... I really have no clue.

Also, I added a 4th scaling method. Its from the Official Pepakura Scaling Thread, but its more explainitory and easier to follow/read.

Hope you like it!

WOW that was the greatest tutorial i've ever read! and the most clear and helpful! props to you man!

That first method is absolutely geniuss! i would never have thought of that! :) i'll definetly be using it often!

Great methods, really appreciate the time and effort you've put into this. Just a question, which picture would be best to use for MK.VI armor using method one? And which Halo 3 Pep files would you recommend?

First off, thanks for the comments!

Secondly, I believe the best picture to use for Method #1 would be this one:

Masterchief-1.jpg

Thirdly, for the files, I would go for the Robogenisis files (in that case, I would use Method #3) if you are new to pepakura. If you are good with pepakura though, go with the Flying Squirl and Crackhead09 files. They really offer great detail.

Most of those files can be found here:

Halo Costuming Wiki-Pepakura File Index

Good luck!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
... Post removed for space reasons...

Umm... dude, by the first method my devided heighd would be 8,7971698113207547169811320754717, becouse i wanted to make a recon helmet so i pinted out a full pic of DARE in her armour and her height is 21,2 but mine 186.5 (when added 10 CM)so please help.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Do you mind telling me the height of Dares helmet in the picture?

Also, round that long decimal number to 8.8.

Dares full height is 21,2 cm and the helmets is 3,7cm.

I used this image

dare-in-her-halo-3-odst-recon-armor.jpg

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Do you mind telling me the height of Dares helmet in the picture?

Also, round that long decimal number to 8.8.

I also approximate'ed it to 9 but then the pices were too big or i was too lazy to put them in place so is there a way to automaticly but the pices to the pages/boxes?

How do you not understand how to multiply 8.8x3.7 to get 326mm in height? Also, you added too much to your height. 100mm is too much. Go with 60mm.

So, in conclusion, you helmets height should be 300mm. That was from the work of 30 seconds with a calculator.

Also, I don't think there is a way to have all of your parts snap into place. You will have to do it manually.

if i use method 2 for the masterchirf armor, can i enter in the messurements of all 3 dimentions higth , width, depth if i am more concerend with a comfortable fit rather than the look of exact game scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back