Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Matt,

Yeah I've spoken with Sean about getting my own visor made with his production runs, since the standard visors wont fit. But I'd only want it in clear if not mirrored. I'd still have to come up with a way to get a mirrored finish without it looking like garbage.

Oh and I love you too Dystorted :p

How is this still in the noob forum? :unsure

Your 3D modeling skills blow me away.

keep it up! i like this :D

Hey Hugh your 3d skills are amazing.

And your work with the helmet is really good. Can´t wait to see it finished. :)

Hugh are you going to make that shin model available in .PDO?

I would really like to be able to make it for my custom H3:ODST version ODST project for me and my friend.

FYI you are making one awesome trooper project.

@Tyvern

Yes all files will be available when the project is finished. As I get to each part I'm going to upload the files. I did take the helm down however, because there are a lot of things about it I don't like and I feel like most people find it way too complex/time consuming for a pep.

The shins however, I can give you now :) Mostly because they were one of the last things I modeled and I knew they'd be for pepakura so I didn't have to spend time cleaning them up.

SHINS.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/N-KPVUHN/PEP_odst_SHIN.html

The .pdo is scaled to my size like all the other armor, but it is not unfolded. The knee is included and will line up perfectly with the shin guard. You'll have to decide if you want to cut it or leave it as one piece :p

Whoever decides to unfold this feel free to post it on here.

Good luck with your build!

Awesome! Can't wait to see more progress on the helmet^^ You just blow my mind everytime I check this topic:) Keep up the amazing work^_^

Hugh Stephen Holder III said:
@Tyvern

Yes all files will be available when the project is finished. As I get to each part I'm going to upload the files. I did take the helm down however, because there are a lot of things about it I don't like and I feel like most people find it way too complex/time consuming for a pep.

The shins however, I can give you now :) Mostly because they were one of the last things I modeled and I knew they'd be for pepakura so I didn't have to spend time cleaning them up.

SHINS.jpg

http://www.4shared.c..._odst_SHIN.html

The .pdo is scaled to my size like all the other armor, but it is not unfolded. The knee is included and will line up perfectly with the shin guard. You'll have to decide if you want to cut it or leave it as one piece :p

Whoever decides to unfold this feel free to post it on here.

Good luck with your build!

thanks man ;)

um what's your height?

You're really making a lot of top notch models.

It'll probably take me a while to get to making the awesome piece as I'm making my own WH40K .OBJ models for pep and my other projects that I'm balancing in the silver plate of completion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure thing :)

Now, did you mean you wanted to see pics of the inside of the Pepped helmet before the filler? Because I'll have to track those down when I get back.

This is the only pic I have right now of the inside of the helm. It was right after I finished with the resin, so not quite a current pic.

Sorry for the overexposure, I had to adjust the levels so you can see inside.

If you look closely you can see raised edges where the rondo wrapped around the pep interior. This is how the pieces of the Pep model come together, and where you would place your butterfly clips to help hold it together before gluing.

Filler.jpg

While I believe this build provides excellent stability for a pep model it does make hardening a HUGE pain because you cannot easily slush the mixture around.

I had to break the rondo up in batches and pour them into different cavities and try my best to make them seal the helm. As you can see I had to get in there with a brush and make sure it got the most coverage possible.

Diggin this. It may be a pain, but I really like the idea. In fact, this may be perfect for modular-type helmets. ODST even. Make certain sections specific to Buck, Rookie, or mickey. Not sure how it would work, but I think this has a lotta potential. More!

It was the same consistency as pudding, as far as I could tell lol

@Boba Fett

Yeah I'm actually planning on creating (Kit) .pdo sets that will let you build attachments for the helmet. For instance, the binoculars that Romeo has will be able to be build and fit perfectly onto the base. And I plan on making a similar set up to allow you to upgrade your helm with parts from Dutch's helmet.

I plan on making other concept add-ons for the armor not seen in the game. So if anyone thinks they have a cool idea for their ODST armor that they'd like to see made possibly then feel free to pm me or post your images on here :) Can't say that I'll be able to get to it anytime soon since I want to focus on finishing the armor at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back