Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man :)

Yeah, I need to work with Matt on getting the chest core and assets released next. He seems to know what the rest of the members on here like when unfolding. Right now the helm and shin are on this thread, but getting the links on the front page is on my 'to do' list.

The paper isn't painted anything, I build my pep files with the numbers and lines on the inside of the part. When I post update pics of the resined/rondo parts you'll see them through the paper.

wow this is incredible work. If I can ask, which pep file did you use for your chest and back? The ones I have found seem to be back only or back and neck with the neck part going to only about upper chest (mid pecs).

wow this is incredible work. If I can ask, which pep file did you use for your chest and back? The ones I have found seem to be back only or back and neck with the neck part going to only about upper chest (mid pecs).

These were built using his models. As stated in the previous post, he is going to work to get the models released for public use sometime here in the future.

-Matt

Thanks!

I made all my own models. And did my own pep work and unfolding. As I finalize parts I get them to my friend Matt and he re-unfolds them so people don't have to deal with my pep work haha

You probably haven't found that chest because no one else has made it yet. I think I'm the only one that builds models to be constructed in "block format" while pepping.

The chest core and chest assets (All chest pieces) will be available once I get the stuff to Matt to work on. Right now though, I have the side plates that cover each side on the ribs, but it is it's own object and I want to tweak it to be symmetrical so I only have to make one. But just keep in mind I've modeled everything but the under suit to be built and worn :)

Thanks! When I was first reading through the thread I was skimming (13 pages and all) and I missed the part where you said you made the files.

With your permission, I would love to try and build one using your files when they become available.

Love the design. Especially how you enclosed the armpit area, and made the chest look like one big piece, instead of a bunch of separate ones. Can't way to see it finished!

I'm going to try and get the chest parts uploaded and available this weekend. I'd do it now but I had to wipe this machine Tuesday night :/

In the meantime, I took a breakdown pic:

Update2.jpg

Hey Hugh, just a thought. When you go to make them available, for unfold sake, you may want to make the chest pieces individual files. The main reason being: with so many different body types out there, each individual part may need to be scaled differently. Like I say, just a thought. ;)

Thanks for the exploded picture too, by the way. As someone mentioned before, your chest pieces do give a more armored look of the ODST.

-Matt

I can do that, sure. Going to have to work on it this weekend.

Just to keep everyone from having to wait I'll just upload what I used on here either this evening or tomorrow (Hitting the road in about an hour). Then I'll break down the individual parts and send them to you.

I thought that it may have been easier to keep the parts together because they were designed to fit together perfectly. For instance, the chest plate backside fits perfectly flushed with the front of the chest core. It will be super easy to mount with bolts.

But if you think it's easier then I can make it work.

I can do that, sure. Going to have to work on it this weekend.

Just to keep everyone from having to wait I'll just upload what I used on here either this evening or tomorrow (Hitting the road in about an hour). Then I'll break down the individual parts and send them to you.

I thought that it may have been easier to keep the parts together because they were designed to fit together perfectly. For instance, the chest plate backside fits perfectly flushed with the front of the chest core. It will be super easy to mount with bolts.

But if you think it's easier then I can make it work.

I see where you're coming from. If it is designed to fit together that way, then let's just stick with that route. I can work with either. Whenever you get free time. It IS a holiday weekend after all. Go out and enjoy it....I know I'm going to. :)

File Release Chest Core and Assets

Hey all, here are the files I used to make my armor so far:

ODST Helm model by Hugh/Unfold by mkshane81

ODST Chest Assets by Hugh

ODST Chest Core by Hugh

ODST Shoulder by Hugh

ODST Shin model by Hugh/Unfold by mkshane81

Sorry for the unfold. Hopefully Matt you'll have time to post a better version.

Feel free to post pics of your work. Also, a word of advice, you don't have to score every single fold line ;) it'll make things smoother for you. Which means little/no bondo.

EDIT: Added some other parts for you all. I don't have the file that Matt unfolded yet, I'll see if I can put all of these on the OP

You sir, are the man!! And don't worry about the unfold. For those that want to get started, it gives them something to work with. I, however, will post links to my unfolds for anyone interested.

These are awesome models buddy!! I'm about done with your shin model, and have got some neat plans for that. I'll get some pics up when it's done. Thanks again for allowing the community to use these models as well!!

-Matt

*edit: Just happened to think of something. Did you want the "side buckles" to be included in the chest piece? Whenever you get a chance to look. Have a fun weekend everybody!!

@ Matt

Thanks :) Eh, having the side buckles isn't that big of an issue at the moment. I'll keep them as a separate file then if you want you can just import them into your finished file later and release an updated version. It's not a big deal to me.

Also, I'm down in Orlando for the weekend and just picked up all of my casting supplies for the helmet. Going to do a few pulls and I thought one of those 1st gens could go to you. Didn't go all out yet with supplies, so we'll see. But I need to talk to you about that shin model you made, and maybe working out a trade offline :)

-Hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back