Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no worries about the side buckles. Like I said, just a thought. We'll work with it when the time comes. Sent you a msg via facebook regarding offline discussions. Let's not worry about anything this weekend, being a much needed time off for us both I'm sure. I'll talk to you next week sometime. Everybody have a good Labor Day weekend!!

-Matt

Pic Updates

Thanks guys :)

Was working on the parts and ran out of resin/gloves/mixing sticks/etc so I thought I'd take some pics and let you all know that this helm is about to be casted:

[Let me know if these pics are stupid huge and causing the page to load slow: I haven't been able to optimize my photos since the other computer has been down.]

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

I have to order the rebound because I'm doubting the amount I have now will work for the whole helm. So in the meantime I'll be casting the shoulder and hip plate first since they are really basic and won't require a complex mold.

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Lookin awesome man, I love the helm, the level of detail is just exceptional. I'd love a cast of it when you finally mold it.

Looks like I need to get crackin on the shin piece..............had the shoulder built, but it was a tad bit small. Excited to see how the helmet mold comes out. Its really exciting to see everything coming together too.

-Matt

Thanks guys, I'm making the shoulder mold now XD

@5nowm4n: Going to start the mold for the helm tomorrow. You'll be seeing casts available pretty soon.

@Matt: Yes, yes you do!

@Kiba963: Going to make the wrist armor once I finish hardening all of the torso work. I'm not sure if I'll use my file. It's the one part of my 3D model I'm not really satisfied with, mostly because it was one of the last parts I built. I will be revisiting it and seeing if it's worth building. I know it's very basic, and if you wanted to make it look like some of the gauntlets from the ODST games you'll have a lot of work to do. I may end up working from Kirrou's gauntlets since his model is spot on and there isn't much to improve on. Though, I really want to stick to the basic ODST design from Halo 3 and not the other game. I'll let you know though!

All I gotta say is wow... I don't know if the black color is playing tricks on my eyes, but the level of detail looks incredible! If only I could zoom up to infantryman right now, I'd pick up a cast in an instant!

These links are not working. Firefox is telling me that the server reset every time I try to use the link.
Just thought I would let you know unless there is something wrong on my end.

Hey all, here are the files I used to make my armor so far:

ODST Helm model by Hugh/Unfold by mkshane81

ODST Chest Assets by Hugh

ODST Chest Core by Hugh

ODST Shoulder by Hugh

ODST Shin model by Hugh/Unfold by mkshane81

Sorry for the unfold. Hopefully Matt you'll have time to post a better version.

Feel free to post pics of your work. Also, a word of advice, you don't have to score every single fold line ;) it'll make things smoother for you. Which means little/no bondo.

EDIT: Added some other parts for you all. I don't have the file that Matt unfolded yet, I'll see if I can put all of these on the OP

These links are not working. Firefox is telling me that the server reset every time I try to use the link.
Just thought I would let you know unless there is something wrong on my end.

Hey Jedi:

I also use Firefox and just downloaded the files without a problem. I would try again, the most likely issue was that ff was having some kind of technical error. Or do what I do when it starts being screwy with downloads just open internet explorer or another web browser. Hope that helps, and good luck!

Wow this stuff is AMAZING I love your helmet and the rest of the pieces!
when are you going to make the rest of the armor??

I am working on my own ODST armor so this motivates me to keep on working :p
Thanks!

Thanks Bram, I'm building this stuff right now XD

Building the jacket for the shoulder mold currently. Then I'm going to make one for the hip plate and continue hardening the chest assets and core outside. Going to make the helmet mold this week if all goes well.

If you mean the 3d files, they're already finished, but I tweak each part to make it pep friendly before I build it.

Ok sounds good to me :p
if the files are ready I am sure gonna build them too!
I like your body armor very much never saw anyone pepping the hole thing
I think its a lot easier to attach and it looks very good too

good luck with your project!

Yeah, all the chest files with attachments are already available to download if you want to start on it :)

The only thing they are missing are the rib pads, which I need to get a key to pep designer to save the files :/

I like seeing other members using the files. So far I've only seen 1 member build my shin model. The links are on the first page and I will continue to add the other parts as I finalize them with mkshane81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back