Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheild looks ok from the front but I think it should be thicker like the hunters sheild =p.

-Doom

You have some good ideas. I have nearly finished my HUNTER shield and I was looking for some way to make the feet without them being too big or heavy. I will post some pics soon.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Monstermaker13 said:
i guess its a race 0_-

I hope this is'nt a race to be done first.....I think you're gonna stomp me. :fryingpan:

btw monster thanks for the pm

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd that....Never rush through something like this...it totally sucks to have to go back and fix mistakes you made because you were in a hurry.

Yeah...I did that...it's why my armor took twice as long as it should have to get something I could be proud of.

In the words of my junior high school shop teacher: "think twice, cut once"

no kidding guys that why I started posting all the scale drawings, I started my armor in a hurry and it didn't fit. Life lessons suck but they bare great fruit

Monstermaker13 said:
i bet Innerdemon already has his suit done

and will post the second before i post my finished suit

:ha:

:shifty ninja: Only time will tell :shifty ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here are some pics of my work. This is actually my second attempt, the first one I tried to do what monster did but it ended with disaster.

hp1.jpg

This time I decided to build from the bottom up. I used inch thick cardboard for the base to give it strength.

hp2.jpg

Than I gave it some thickness and began the front blade thing.

hp3.jpg

The foam was time consuming because I hade to wait several hours for it to harden. After that I started on the back.

hp4.jpg

hp5.jpg

This gave me some trouble. It was hard to find a reference of how the back was formed but I think I got right.

hp6.jpg

Just about done!

hp7.jpg

Still have to finish off the point but I needed a place to insert more foam

hp8.jpg

hp9.jpg

This is the first layer of fiberglass resin that will give it some strength.

hp10.jpg

hp11.jpg

A few more layers of resin, some bondo and a little luck, it should look like this.

Standard_Hunter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back