Hyper's Noob Foam Reach Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you bring this to Supercon as well? :$

Not sure yet I may have the ODST suit done by then

Awesome job man. Other than the undersuit it looks perfect.

Thanks Justinian

I think im going to use my Reach MKV helmet with this suit, I originally made this helmet for the Genisis fan film, I own the mold so I took a bad cast fixed it up some and painted it up, this helmet has more room inside and bigger air vents which in Florida is good because its in the 80's right now, so now I can be "Reach Chief" lol The EOD looks cool but its hot to wear, I also have a Reach Pilot helmet that i got from Blackula, its a cast copy of NickNackPattyWacks pilot, if your interested in one you have to contact Blackula, and last but not least got the Smick Reach M6 pistol weathered to hide all the crazy stuff going on with the resin leaking from the cast, it may look good in the pics but it has problems

My MKV
DSC05215.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

Pilot Helmet, can wear this one also with my suit(same color) also posting it for Blackula to see the visor
DSC05213.jpg

DSC05210.jpg

DSC05209.jpg

Reach Pistol
DSC05221.jpg

DSC05220.jpg

Well do you guys think the MKV is a good choice, thanks for looking

Really nice work man. Love it when people make it all the way to the end of a build. Good job :)

i am dying to try some foam armor ., but i still dont understand how you guys are getting all these cuts at the rigt angel

Thanks everyone, yeah its looking like the MKV unfortunatly i cannot find one of my gold visors so im ging to have to use the ugly orange changing color visor

i am dying to try some foam armor ., but i still dont understand how you guys are getting all these cuts at the rigt angel

It takes some practice, once you start building it, you will figure out the angles and the best way to approach the foam building, this is my first try and next time I know I can do it better

Anyways figured I would post up another pic of the Pilot helmet, I decided to airbrush a clear visor with Mirror Chrome to see if it would change the look because if I wear this helmet I don't want my face showing up in pictures with flashes, anyways this stuff reflects the flash and you can see thru it pretty good, so I may use this helmet also for some time

DSC05233.jpg

Foul....I call A Foul. To much greatness on the field. You're reduced to only Having 1 Epic helmet per post :cool

Any-who now that I've wipe the drool off my keyboard. Love it. I'ts one great build and being able to change out helms at will has to be nice also

I agree with Blackula. Very impressive.

Thanks

Thanks for posting that pic Blackula, Its funny we got over 500 picture taken but out of all of them I think I found a total of 8 pics so far, next time we need to bring someone to take pics for us

That pic is AWESOME!!! I'm glad you chose that helmet to wear. Looks sick!:)

It turned out great man.
Thanks for posting that pic Blackula, Its funny we got over 500 picture taken but out of all of them I think I found a total of 8 pics so far, next time we need to bring someone to take pics for us
I learned that the hard way also. I always try to have someone there with me to take pictures, and help me get through tight spaces.

I don't think I would mold the foam, If your talking about the helmet I already molded that, In all the pics you see that is a cast copy of the original as I will not wear the original its too heavy

I don't think I would mold the foam, If your talking about the helmet I already molded that, In all the pics you see that is a cast copy of the original as I will not wear the original its too heavy
Oh what a sham. It would have been great to buy a full suit of Reach Armor for my EOD Helmet (Which is going great I should have it done in a couple days) plus you would be the first to cast/ sell a full set if I am correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back