Hyper's Noob Foam Reach Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh what a sham. It would have been great to buy a full suit of Reach Armor for my EOD Helmet (Which is going great I should have it done in a couple days) plus you would be the first to cast/ sell a full set if I am correct.

Actually making a foam set of armor is not as hard to do as you may think, It looks complicated at first but as you progress with the foam suit, you start to find ways to make it alot easier and how to cut the parts, you should give it a try, as for full suits being available.....Im pretty sure there are people out there who have full suits that they molded and sell but if you buy someones molded suit you have to hope all their parts fit you and the quality of the molded parts, I think its better to just build it for yourself so you know everything fits you plus you have the satisfaction that you built it yourself

Wow very nice foam build. The helmets look fantastic too.
Where did you get the chrome paint for your airbrush? I have a pretty nice one but never thought the paint would allow me to see through it.

Awesome suit Hyper! I think EVA Foam gives armor that flexible , yet rigid look ! Very well done!

I don't think I would mold the foam, If your talking about the helmet I already molded that, In all the pics you see that is a cast copy of the original as I will not wear the original its too heavy

Admittedly.. Yes, but with a couple of gallons of platinum cure silicone, and some Plastipaste.. Actually.. A TON of platinum cure silicone, and Plastipaste.. You could probably break even with the first suit that you sell.. And then? PROFIT! I do know that you'd probably have to spend around 1,500 dollars to mold the pieces, and THAT'S being resourceful,but think about how much you could sell them for!!

Wow very nice foam build. The helmets look fantastic too.
Where did you get the chrome paint for your airbrush? I have a pretty nice one but never thought the paint would allow me to see through it.
I used Spaz Stick Mirror Chrome for the chrome paint, sprayed it on thin I run the output pressure to the airbrush at about 25psi

Awesome suit Hyper! I think EVA Foam gives armor that flexible , yet rigid look ! Very well done!
Thank You and yes its alot more giving than pep armor, after wearing the foam suit all day I decided I will never wear a pep suit again

Admittedly.. Yes, but with a couple of gallons of platinum cure silicone, and some Plastipaste.. Actually.. A TON of platinum cure silicone, and Plastipaste.. You could probably break even with the first suit that you sell.. And then? PROFIT! I do know that you'd probably have to spend around 1,500 dollars to mold the pieces, and THAT'S being resourceful,but think about how much you could sell them for!!

LoL, well thats more than im willing to spend at the moment, but if I were to mold armor I would mold off of peped parts so I can get the details as accurate as possiblle, foam is really hard to get super small details and shapes

Well I noticed i forgot to post final pics of the suit with me wearing it to MegaCon so picture time

Here is a full shot of the suit, I decided to use my MKV helmet, Its funny how everybody thought I was the Chief, I was dying from heat that day so I took off my neck seal but in the first pic I colored in my neck with black because it looks terrible with my neck exposed
tghh.jpg

And this pic is from Megacon on the green screen
megacon-2012-IMG_0892.jpg

Simply beautiful. Everything looks just right, great job Hyper.

Where did you get that visor? It looks game accurate.

Simply beautiful. Everything looks just right, great job Hyper.

Where did you get that visor? It looks game accurate.

Thanks, Its just a standard Motorcycle helmet visor i picked up on Amazon, its actually one of the cheap $8.00 ones, I just gave the inside of the visor a quick shot of Mirror Chrome paint so it wouldn't be so transparent and would reflect camera flashes

Congratulations friend a very good job, and I imagine that your armor must be light truth

felicidades amigo un trabajo muy bueno , y me imagino que tu armadura debe ser liviana verdad

Beautiful job. It turned out fantastic!!! If I didn't know, I would never guess it was foam.

Congratulations friend a very good job, and I imagine that your armor must be light truth

felicidades amigo un trabajo muy bueno , y me imagino que tu armadura debe ser liviana verdad

Thank You, and yes the armor is very light, for now on I will only wear foam armor because its lighter and much more comfortable to wear

Beautiful job. It turned out fantastic!!! If I didn't know, I would never guess it was foam.

Thank you, and those little foamie sheets are excellent for making up the details you normally don't get with foam builds which is what I think gives it that pep armor look

Check the last post date, it was about a year and a half ago. If a thread is over 2-3 months old, don't post in it. That's necroposting, and it's generally frowned upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back