I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hello All!
Here you can download Autodesk Inventor LT for free!
Between features it has:
- 3D part model creation and editing (!!!)
- Genuine DWG interoperability (this mean export to .dxf and import to Pepakura Designer!!!)

Unfortunately download works only for USA and Canada.

Somebody, download it for me plz!

Psssht, Whatev.

Solidworks forevah! Anyone know a Solidworks gang sign...?

Vrogy said:
Psssht, Whatev.

Solidworks forevah! Anyone know a Solidworks gang sign...?

solid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, Dassault Systems (SolidWorks author) give another product for free.

Check this!

"CB Model Pro is part of Dassault Systèmes exploratory initiative to promote the discovery and use of 3D to all kinds of consumers, in particular young users. Innovative technology development, with products such as CB Model Pro, and interaction with many market communities serves as an incubator for new software concepts and continues to drive thought leadership towards “3D For All.""

EDIT: There is Gallery of artist' submissions.
It exports design to .OBJ so you can open it directly in Pepakura Designer.
Download is only 12 megz.
I've treid to work on it, looks extraordinary.

Somebody already have Inventor LT downloaded? I can't wait to see how it looks and what features has in difference with Inventor Pro itself.

Inventor LT is very limited in usage. It's mainly a demonstration tool to get you to buy Inventor Pro. Trust me, I work with Inventor Pro 11 everyday, still waiting for the update to 2008. It's very difficult to create free form shapes of things such as armor. You could however, as Vrogy has done in Solidworks, recreate 3D models of the weapons.

I would use that other program you have there for modeling the armor, if that's what you're after. 3DStudio Max, Maya, or some other free form modeler would work a lot better than Inventer and Solidworks as both are parametric based. I'm not sure about Solidworks, but Inventor takes quite a bit of computing power to keep track of all the models I usually work with.

In short, Inventor LT is fun to play with, but not really that great for the purposes I think you want to use it for.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to add is that I believe that LT doesn't let you create assemblies, only parts. Also, unless you're only making surfaces in LT, you won't be able to transfer much of anything to pep designer, as all models are 3D solids, not just shapes.

-Magnum

I just finished downloading that CB Model program. Install it and started it up. Now anytime I select a shape and a modification, it errors on me and shuts the program down. I know this is a beta, but come on this is rediculous. It seems like a pretty cool program otherwise, just wish I could get it to work. Anyone else try this program and get the same results? Bevbor, how bout you?

-Magnum

23Magnum said:
Bevbor, how bout you?

I'm allright. It works on my computer, despite I have on it a million other installations :)

There I did right now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back