Indoor Painting w/ EVA Foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a bit late...

Paint-on plasti-dip would work if it didn't have any fumes to go along with it. The main issue was living in dorms, it wouldn't really be nice if I stunk up the whole floor with a chemical smell.

My decision was to use a heat gun to seal it, and acrylic paint for the.... Well... Paint. Worked out rather well. I'll be posting a thread of it when I get some quality pictures of the finished product.
another solution is to see if there is an area on campus you can paint in. maybe a shop class or something.
unfortunately ill have to figure this out in a few years as well.

another solution is to see if there is an area on campus you can paint in. maybe a shop class or something.

MMMMmmmmmmm.... It's an engineering school. The only workshops we have are full of drill presses, sanders, and really really hot things you wouldn't want to touch. Unless your end goal is to get a bit of simmered flesh into your diet, then I think that would work out rather well!

unfortunately ill have to figure this out in a few years as well.

I edited my original post. hope the thread I will create later would be rather helpful to you, so stay on the watch my fluffy buddy.

MMMMmmmmmmm.... It's an engineering school. The only workshops we have are full of drill presses, sanders, and really really hot things you wouldn't want to touch. Unless your end goal is to get a bit of simmered flesh into your diet, then I think that would work out rather well!
hmm, i feel that all engineering schools should have a place to paint. both as in I expect them to and if not then they should.

stay on the watch my fluffy buddy.
ok then...

i feel that all engineering schools should have a place to paint.
I one-hundred and twenty-two percent agree with you on that. Not just engineering schools, but any school. Heck, my High School even had a dedicated place to paint.

stay on the watch my fluffy buddy.
ok then...
I'm a terminal stage 4 degenerate. You'll get used to it my dude UwU

Edit: To find how far I've become a degenerate, all you need to do is but google my name...

Edit 2: Apparently there's this other dude named "foxeler" floating around google from like, 8 years ago. Ignore him, he's an imposter.

I live on a college campus too, and I'm currently making armor. Granted, I'm in the married student housing, but there's still no good place to paint. So I bought a painting tarp (they're pretty cheap) and laid it out on the grass outside my apartment. I unfolded the boxes from my Amazon addiction and used them as a flat surface on top of the tarp. While people might ask you what you're doing every now and then, this is a great, cost effective way to both Plastidip and paint your armor.

Plastidip dries fast (half-hour), so you won't have to wait outside too long before you can bring your armor in. Just make sure you're wearing a respirator even though you're outside. It's toxic!

When you paint, you only need to wait long enough for the paint to dry enough for you to handle it a little before bringing it in to dry fully.

I noticed that you're in Wisconsin, so the downside to this is that you don't have much longer before it'll be too cold to do stuff outside, so you might have to wait until the summer. I'm not sure what the minimum temperature is for Plastidip.

no good place to paint. So I bought a painting tarp (they're pretty cheap) and laid it out on the grass outside my apartment.

Your see... I live in the dorms. As in, a dorm room. And yeah, I do live in Wisconsin... Currently 48°F these days, and I feel like that's a tad bit too cold for spray paint.

As I said, I finished my build, and after I get some smashing photos, I'll post my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back