Not open for further replies.

Asgardianhammer

Identity Officer and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S113
Hello Southwest Regiment!
Election season has come and gone and we at Division Staff didn't hear much from this group. As a result I was asked to step in temporarily until we can establish leadership for the Southwest Regiment. I currently serve as your Division identity Officer and the RCO for the Southern Regiment. So looks like for now I am overseeing the better portion of the lower 48!

Know first and foremost that I am a lifelong Halo fan, builder, and active participant in this group. My goal is to do what is in the best interest of this club and when i was asked to step in for a short time it is only to help get some leadership going.

After a few discussions with members from this group I realize that you are all spread apart pretty far and as such have seen several groups pop up on FB that are from the areas represented here but not active here. Sooooo......

Help me understand what would better help members of the Southwest Regiment in being active both here on the forum and on FB. What challenges does this Regiment have for getting together and leadership. For meeting at Events and Conventions?

I also would like to get to know many of you as well. This is how our club flourishes and grows!

Thank you all!
Asgardianhammer

I havent heard or seen much either. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen, but it is kind of quiet down here. I live here in corpus christi and midland texas. Iam not a good example though.

Crimmson it is my understanding there is a small but sizeable group for the 405th Central Texas. If you hear or see of any other groups in Arizona, Oklahoma and New Mexico please send the links my way!

Crimmson it is my understanding there is a small but sizeable group for the 405th Central Texas. If you hear or see of any other groups in Arizona, Oklahoma and New Mexico please send the links my way!

I have searched but came up empty. I didnt try to hard though. San antonio, austin and dallas have a bunch but i dont know anybody.

Well lets keep after it! We need to get this group a little more cohesive.

As far as I know there aren't any groups here in NM. Doesn't mean there aren't members, just not enough active members in one place. I know of one person in the 405th with completed SB armor that I know through the 501st, and there are a few other members from NM that haven't been on since the fall.

I'm making a more concerted effort to show up here more often. I would love to see this group grow as well!

Bobby Boucher thanks for being an active member. I appreciate any help I can get with the Southwest Group. I am learning the geographical distances between these groups is making a collective active group more difficult. Any help you can give getting folks in the area back here to engage in the convo would be great. Maybe we can get a quick fb chat up and going in the Southwest FB 405th group to get the ball rolling and move it back here to the forum once we have some activity moving?

Speaking purely from a Texas standpoint: when we were first dividing into regions, I tried to argue that (geographically) this was much too large an area to all file under one banner. While some of us Texans, for instance, are able to go visit our cohorts out in Arizona, for a lot of us, it's difficult enough to just bridge the distance between Dallas and San Antonio. I had a Texas Regiment prepared in the initial days (modeled after the Pacific Regiment), but eventually was ghosted in the process and gave up. So here we are, already stretched out, and on top of that, we have like, four other states with us as well. That works in the northeast where states are tiny. Not in the southwest.

To speak on the "Central Texas Regiment," yes, it exists, but it is more a small group of us old-timers keeping tabs on each other. It is a private and very close-knit group. All matters regarding the 405th are posted in the official Southwest FB page.

Drakku thank you for the frankness of your response. I appreciate the reality of this group and its challenges. I recently joined the Central Texas Regiment FB page. I didn't even know of its existence until I spoke with WandererTJ. So all the help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated. If you could have had an alternate scenario for how these states are best placed what would that look like?

I've been summoned!

Probably my biggest difficulty is the fact that I feel like I'm the only 405th-er in all of Oklahoma.

I know there have been at least 3 others in the past, but where are they now? Idk.

I tried to participate with Brad and Impact Props while they were here and I was hoping to get involved with them just like how the West Coast has their group of many builders under one big name (cannot remember it off the top of my head) but Brad always seemed to have to much going on and I didn't really have a place in their tightly knit group.

I'd love having a local fireteam in my area where we can just hang out, play videogames, work on costumes and whatnot. Might have even finished my costume if I had that, but I'm all alone.

I've been trying to fit in with the Oklahoma Cosplayers on facebook, but idk, kinda feels like they already have their circle. Having troubles being an introvert I guess.

WandererTJ I have been engaging our local groups here in the Southern Regiment and building interest slowly. It is starting to take shape. I would remind everyone that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and anything worth having will take some time and it means we have to put ourselves out there. We have to be the change we want to see. I know there are a lot of talented folks out there and persistence will pay off with an amazing armor set you can be proud of to take to events or showcase online or find your local comic book store or game store to crash in your armor. Each little piece of exposure or discussion sets you up for success in your area.

Ultimately I want to see this group be successful. I live about 5 states from the nearest one in your regiment so I am going to lean on this group to help me find leadership and get these discussions going. It can be done. It only takes one person being proactive to set the example. SPAM the crap out of everyone and get results and people talking! I will reach out to the gang at Impact and see what I can do there since they have a large following as well and I know some of those guys pretty well.

Asgardianhammer, I totally understand the distance issues. There's a lot of driving hours between Phoenix, Albuquerque, Dallas, etc. I will try and see if anyone else is around Albuquerque is interested but I can only think of one person that would join. I think he's already in the 405th but he's just not active.

I'll get with some of my 501st friends and see if they know anyone else that's interested. I'd love to have local hangouts like WandererTJ said, I know they're tons of fun.

As far as fixing the issue or coming up with solutions, to continue to be frank, I don’t really feel like putting forth that effort. I’m hearing (at conventions) the same frustrations that plagued other communities, and it makes it extremely challenging to make any emotional investment.

That being said, convention presence is, obviously, a huge force in driving community engagement. There are certain members, however, that turn an opportunity to be inclusive and educational to an elitist circle-jerk (for lack of a more appropriate term) that drives away new interest and stagnates the community.

I’m trying to keep most of my bitterness out of this post, but it upsets me to see some of these things I’ve been seeing. I’m still very passionate about the 405th, and that’s why this sucks so much.

Drakku please pm me specifics. I want to know more. As a fan and a member first these are the things we need to resolve in order for us to be successful and move forward. I know it may seem like wasted effort to rehash stuff that bothers you but if I do not know then it's tough for me to find resolution.

Hello there, reporting in from New Mexico! So I am currently working on two sets of Halo Reach ODST armor and an Agent Washington. There was kind of a Halo group out here the UNSC Foehammer but the members aren't very active I am looking to finish my armor and look at recruiting people. So far I think part of it is that the original group was rather strict and not really for fun, I think those who saw it and saw the requirements kinda drove them away. Plus it could be that maybe that hey look there really isn't any Halo guys here so I don't want to be on my own and there for they may decide not to join up with us. We may advertise we are here but without armored people to represent the group they may see it as "well they say they are a group but none of their members have armor"? if that made any sense

Thank you eiros. Any help you can offer as you move forward would be greatly appreciated. I could use all the help I can get. I need some help getting your Facebook pages active again also. That may be a big boost to your group. Also post up those builds here on the forum and the Southwest FB group pages.

I recently shared the Southwest page on my Facebook page to try and get us some attention, I plan to post up the pics when I get the chance

Thank you eiros. I would love to begin getting some assistance with Leadership for this group. At least in the Interim it would be good for me to have a Membership Officer and an Executive Officer. Eventually one of these two I would hope become the Regiment Commanding Officer for Southwest. If any of you in this thread have any desire to assist in our efforts to get this group moving forward as an active Regiment please let me know. My leadership in the Southern regiment have been meeting regularly to discuss many things and our way forward has been paved. i feel like we can do that here in a short period of time also.

Please reach out to me if you would be willing to assist as the RMO (Regiment Membership officer) or RXO (Regiment Executive Officer). Any questions regarding responsibilities of these duties can be directed at me. You can ask my RXO Barry Kiker (brkiker) and RMO, Kevin Robbins (augmentedhuman013) how easy their jobs have been for the Southern Regiment.

Thank you eiros. I would love to begin getting some assistance with Leadership for this group. At least in the Interim it would be good for me to have a Membership Officer and an Executive Officer. Eventually one of these two I would hope become the Regiment Commanding Officer for Southwest. If any of you in this thread have any desire to assist in our efforts to get this group moving forward as an active Regiment please let me know. My leadership in the Southern regiment have been meeting regularly to discuss many things and our way forward has been paved. i feel like we can do that here in a short period of time also.

Please reach out to me if you would be willing to assist as the RMO (Regiment Membership officer) or RXO (Regiment Executive Officer). Any questions regarding responsibilities of these duties can be directed at me. You can ask my RXO Barry Kiker (brkiker) and RMO, Kevin Robbins (augmentedhuman013) how easy their jobs have been for the Southern Regiment.

I really wish i could help you out , but i cant. A suggestion though, i think Texas alone should be a regiment on its own. The size of the southwest regiment is huge. I alone drive from corpus to midland every 2 weeks and that takes me about 7.5 hrs and still in Texas. I couldnt imagine trying to meet up with people from out of state. Oi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back