Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Marc
Profession: I'm a Game Designer
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and making things
Favorite part of halo: The amount of squishy, writhing Love that Bungie forcibly stuffs into every ounce of the populace.
Favorite Halo: the Hierarchy is 1, Reach, 2, ODST, 3
Favorite Video Game: Yoshi Story
Other Interests: I like making things. I made a shaving stand recently. Turned out really nice.
Favorite Food: Tie between Chili, Spaghetti, and Texas Brownies.
Favorite Musician: Jimi Hendrix
Favorite Movie(s): Finding Nemo, Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Fifth Element, plenty more.

My name is Gus

I am 17

I love to play halo and Airsoft

Favorite part of halo is probably going to be the armor and weapons

I like to make props but I don't have anything like fiberglass or resin
I have made some rudimentary armor for Airsoft out of PVC pipe if I knew how to post pictures from an iPod onto here I'd put some up but I don't.

Main goal is to become a prop maker for a company
Like weta works or similar.

Help finding a college that would offer classes for prop making would be greatly appreciated

Name: Tim
Hobbies: EVE Online (Can't wait for DUST 514!!!). Hockey... watching it, not playing. I'd love to play it, but I have zero hand-eye coordination :p
Favorite Food: All of it. Except peas. ;-)

Other information: As part of an online gaming community in EVE Online, I've been to several Fan Fests hosted by CCP, in Reykjavik, Iceland. Our corporation (or Guild, as it would be called in other games) is very close nit, and spans the entire globe. While it's EVE that brought us together, we've since branched out all over the place covering consoles and PC's, MMORPG's, RPG's, RTS, FPS, Strategy, and Puzzle Solving games (especially physics-based puzzle solving). Pretty much... if it's a video game, at least a handful of our members have played it. As such, we're all also big fans of fan art, fan fiction, and other fan-related media for all of our favorite video games. This brought us to the wonderful Fallout Fan Fiction Video done by Indy Mogul. I watched it and loved it, and wanted more. Indy Mogul directed me to Backyard FX (and apparently here, but I didn't visit 405th until after BYFX) and their videos on making props, which led me to this amazing community.

Sort of a long story on how I've come to find the 405th and fall in love, but that's it. I've always enjoyed building model cars and aircraft, but the problem with those is that when you're done, you're done. They just sit there and look pretty. So after my teenage years, I quit building models. This always bothered me, because I felt like I was putting my creative side in a corner and telling it that it was useless. I'm a technical guy after all. Math and Science, ya'know? 1+1=2. Not much room for creativity there, so I shelved it. That is, until last month. While I only recently registered here, I've been using the 405th as an invaluable resource for armor building. I've begun my first build... Inspired by Longshot-X and Ithica's builds and tutorials, I've started with pep Mk VI MJOLNIR armor. Once I've had a chance to read through more of the forums, I'll start a WIP thread and keep everyone updated.

And I feel that I can already pass along advice (I've already pepped several pieces and took lots of pictures!)... Longshot's Elite build thread is an extremely informative read. I've taken notes, even if it was things that he didn't directly come out and say, it was in the pictures. ORGANIZE YOURSELF. Seriously, take notes. Write down everything. Take pictures. I've already had to go back through my pics and notes to see how I accomplished things, and what worked best for certain situations, and I'll continue to do so. I've got everything for this build organized into a single 3-ring binder. All of the pep prints (with notes on each) a full section of just pepping and glueing notes (as I haven't even jumped into resin or fiberglassing yet), all organized into one binder.

That's all I got for now! Greetings everyone, and here's to a bright future!

-V-12-

name: jonah
fav hobbys:making armour,nerf wars,sleeping in,video games
FAV halo:HALO CE
music:SKRILLEX,DAFT PUNKblack eyed peas
fav movie: south park, robot chicken,hot fuzz

thats all folks!

Name: Anthony T.
Profession: Web Developer
Favorite band: Deftones / Circa Survive
Favorite Hobby: Collecting Guitars
Favorite part of Halo: The Armor
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite AO2 character: Elliot Salem
Favorite Video Game: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2
Other Interests: Audio Recording, Video Editing
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Halo 3 armor:EVA
Favorite Movie: The Godfather

Name; Nesbitt
Nationality; Irish
Age; 18
Occupation; Engineering Student
Favorite Halo; Reach
Bands; Foo Fighters, Paramore, Weezer, Fountains of Wayne
Hobbies; playing guitar, playing bass, computer, reading, Halo (duh)

Name: Michael Pineda
Profession: Basking Robbins for now and School
Hobby: Halo
Favorite part of Halo: SRGT. Johnson's many witty comments.
Favorite Halo: #2 and Reach
Favorite video Game: ummmmm HALO! DUH!
Other interests: Education, family, and my girlfriend
Favorite Food: Lasagna
Favorite Finisher: an Epic assassination thanks to Reach
Other: Im here to build myself Reach armor, I want to make an authentic looking piece of armor with undersuit and everything, I just need some help and tips on how to get started, maybe some hands on videos of where to start and maybe some helpful nudges in the right direction.

Name: Ariana
Favorite Hobby: Video games, sports, and anything that involves creativity :)
Favorite part of Halo: The fact that it can get so sucked into the story.
Favorite Halo: 3 and Reach
Favorite Video Game: (at the moment) Reach, COD: Black Ops, Assassin's Creed, and Soulcalibur IV
Other Interests: Other than what's already listed above, I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. Ive actually built 2 lightsabers, and started on some custom Mandalorian armor for a fan film some friends and I were making ^__^
Favorite Food: Tex Mex
Favorite Finisher: Critical Finishes in Soulcalibur / Assassinations in Reach ;-)
Favorite Band: Social Distortion
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a bunch of others...
Other: Plan on making some Kat armor with a few customizations / modifications.

Name: Luke
Profession: Work at a supermarket as a shelf stacker and delivery driver.
Favorite Hobby: At the moment, Futsal
Favorite part of halo: The Story line and playing against mates.
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo or boarderlands
Other Interests: Music, outdoors.
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Band: Birds of Tokyo
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Lord of the Rings
Other: Big Noob at anything like craft lol. Easy going Bloke.

Name: Zoey Wendland
Profession: Practicing Artist
Favorite Hobby: Drawing/Modelling
Favorite part of halo: The part where Bungie actually applied effort to making Halo Reach instead of just rehashing the series for more money (Looking at you Halo 3 and ODST)
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 and Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Other Interests: I draw hentai for fun. Occasionally I produce artwork that isn't 18+, occasionally.
Favorite Food: Lasagna
Favorite Band: Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson.
Favorite Movie(s): Saving Private Ryan, Ace Ventura, Gone in 60 Seconds
Favourite Television Show: Archer, Justified (only TV shows I watch really)
Favourite Actors: Geoffry Rush, Gary Oldman, Tom Hanks, Ron Perlman,
Other: I am personally inspired to make a HALO ODST costume, despite my mixed feelings on the game, I really think Spartan MJOLNIR armor gets way too much attention. What about the soldiers that aren't superhuman? Since the fall of Reach, Spartans aren't exactly in overabundant supply. That and I think being a girl ODST is badass, girl spartan... not so much.

ttlk360

Name: Thierry Pierre Fernand Beslard Murguia
Profession: work as graphic designer over heat transfer
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Sports (rugby)
Favorite part of halo: all the story about halo
Favorite Halo: 1-3
Favorite Video Game: Halo series, ninja gaiden and dead or alive series
Other Interests: music, movies , chiks
Favorite Food: salad
Favorite Band: pink floyd
Favorite Movie(s): terminator 2 , lotr series

well im from Mexico and i was very excited when i know about this page and too see that one of my dreams could become true (do a mjolnir armor) sorry about my writting and dont use to write in english.
and i wish if some one want to help me with my project with tips.

Welcome to 405th! Please read the stickies, and with time you can make that dream come true lol. Also you really should have posted in the Introduce Yourself thread instead of making a new thread. It helps keep the forum free of clutter. Also understand that building armor is a time consuming process and it can be expensive. I wish you luck with your future builds, and again welcome to the 405th :).

Name: Kazu
Profession: Reality.
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay / Costuming
Favorite part of halo: The weapons and story.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: L4D, Zelda.
Other Interests: sewing, games, sca
Favorite Food: Varies
Favorite Movie(s): Comic, action, comedy flicks.
Other: ..yup. :B

Name: Jenda Lednicky
Profession: SAP Basis administrator at IBM
Favorite Hobby: LARP games (mainly Post-apocalyptic like STALKER, FALLOUT and so on), PC Games (like STALKER, FALLOUT and so on ;) )
Favorite part of Halo: Well, I never played Halo :)
Favorite Halo: Sorry, see above.
Favorite Video Game: STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Settlers 2 (the old ones)
Other Interests: My daughters, LARP games, MILSIM Airsoft,
Favorite Food: Czech dumplings with pork meal and sauerkraut
Favorite Finisher: something sweet
Favorite Band: Various artists
Favorite Movie(s): Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Equilibrium, Pulp Fiction, Desperado, The Whole Nine Yards, What Woman Want :) )
Other: Ask, will see ;)

Name: Cpl. Ryan Gair
Profession: U.S Army Combat Medic for MedCom and the 327th Infantry Regiment
Favorite Hobby: Tactical Response Team
Favorite part of halo: Halo Reach when you get into the base in the beginning and the Covenant take the girl
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: CoD Modern Warfare 2
Other Interests: Airsoft, Paintball, Greasemonkeying (being a mechanic)
Favorite Food: Steal
Favorite Finisher: Headshot
Favorite Band: Hollywood Undead
Favorite Movie(s): Name anything current with a weapon and ill know it
Other: Served 18 months in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait

Name: clifford
Profession: retired
Favorite Hobby: getting in to making costumes an gear
Other Interests: I LOVE music an being creative
Favorite Food: pizza an a cold beer
Favorite Band: to many to name
Favorite Movie(s): lord of the rings an any vampire one
Other: to many intrest in making stuff to name i wont to learn how to do all parts of this so i can make so kick ass suits

Name: Brandon Brown
Profession: I do nothing as i have just finished college
Favorite Hobby: I don't have one really, but i used to do parkour
Favorite part of halo: The Customization on Halo:Reach
Favorite Halo: I honestly dont have a favourite :p
Favorite Video Game:When i very first got into gaming my dad brought a dreamcast, so one of my favourite games was Shenmue or Sonic Adventure Battle 2
Other Interests:
Favorite Band: I have 2 many to name but some include Skillet and Hollywood Undead
Favorite Movie(s): Short Circuit 1 and 2
Msn: brandz@live.co.uk
Twitter: @Br4ndZz

Hey everybody. I'm Guy. I work in a treatment center for teenagers at this time, but hope to a special effects make-up artitst in a few years. fun stuff. i hope learn alot of this site in prop making and such. thanks for your time.

Name:Cody
Profession:Work at a Sam's Club part time
Favorite Hobby:Anime and Video Games
Favorite part of halo:ALL
Favorite Video Game:Dead Space
Other Interests:Computers,Anime,Saving The World and all types of stuff. lol
Favorite Food:Chines

Name: Eric Ness
Profession: Agriculture Internship (Plant Production)
Location: Howick, Quebec, Canada (1 hour south of Montreal or 6 hours north of New York City)
Favorite Hobby: Working on my chainmail armour
Favorite part of halo/Favorite Halo: believe it or not I've never played Halo (except for once when a friend put a controller in my hand and proceeded to murder me over and over in multiplayer)
Favorite Video Game: Diablo or Starcraft, Though I'm enjoying DragonFable right now
Other Interests: Gardening, working with my hands, civil war re-enacting
Favorite Band: Miranda Lambert
Favorite Movie: Despicable Me and Star Wars RotJ

Originally I was only going to read through the threads to learn how to make armour using fibreglass and bondo, but after reading a thread about Mathieu Lacombe called "Now it's our turn to do something amazing" I realized how amazing the community here is and decided that I would like to be a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back