Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:
Favorite Hobby: Building models/Playing games
Favorite part of halo: The Armour
Favorite Halo: Halo ODST
Favorite Video Game: Pokémon heart Gold, Anything Halo, Sonic 2
Favorite Foods: Tacos, Lasagna and Burgers

Hey Guys! I've been signed up for a while but I have not posted until now, mainly because I didn't know what to say, nor was I starting any projects immediately. But now that I have begun work on my ODST Armour, I have become super into this forum and everything it has to offer, and I am having a ton of fun building!

Thank you everyone who contributes to this site. Without you guys, I probably would have never started!

Hello everyone.

My name is Dylan I’m a 20 year old electronics engineering student living in Melbourne Australia and the reason why I joined 405 is I have always have had an interest in costuming (Halo, Fallout, etc.) but never had the work space or time to attempt putting something together. But now I have been fortunate enough to have a place where I can start working on stuff and thought it would be beneficial to leverage the very informative and useful information that 405 has to offer and even provide some of my own knowledge (In electronics anyway :/).

Favorite Hobby: Video games & Tinkering
Favorite part of halo: ARMOR!
Favorite Halo: Reach & 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo/Fallout

Hello,

My name is Andrew. I work in Dallas for the city. The reason I joined is I have always loved putting together visual crafts, from models to wall-mounted liquid cooled eye-candy computers. I am truly a jack of all trades and unfortunately a master of none. I used to make my own costumes as a kid but schooling and work has kept me from that. My son discovered the Halo franchise a few months ago, and while I have convinced him to have his Halo themed bday next year, that gives me a running clock to arrange a special visit from the MC. Two years ago I rented a full Vader costume with working lights, a rigged breathing sound and voice changer, a fog machine and realistic saber and walked in from a darkened garage. I blew him away and he still thinks Vader is real. My plan is to do the same with John 117. When I learn the basics, I can get very creative with projects. With a family, that makes for some memorable times. I have two boys and this is for them.

Favorite Hobby: Computers, scale modeling, music
Favorite part of halo: Playing with my family members
Favorite Halo: Halo CE

Hello,

My name is Andrew. I work in Dallas for the city. The reason I joined is I have always loved putting together visual crafts, from models to wall-mounted liquid cooled eye-candy computers. I am truly a jack of all trades and unfortunately a master of none. I used to make my own costumes as a kid but schooling and work has kept me from that. My son discovered the Halo franchise a few months ago, and while I have convinced him to have his Halo themed bday next year, that gives me a running clock to arrange a special visit from the MC. Two years ago I rented a full Vader costume with working lights, a rigged breathing sound and voice changer, a fog machine and realistic saber and walked in from a darkened garage. I blew him away and he still thinks Vader is real. My plan is to do the same with John 117. When I learn the basics, I can get very creative with projects. With a family, that makes for some memorable times. I have two boys and this is for them.

Favorite Hobby: Computers, scale modeling, music
Favorite part of halo: Playing with my family members
Favorite Halo: Halo CE

Another dad! Welcome to the club

#relivingmyyouththroughmykids

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Greetings to one and all!.
My name is Chris and I hail from Australia where I am just starting on my journeyof creating my own sets of armor.
Thus far I have been having a blast but being a newb to this I will probably be asking the osrt of questions that have been asked a million times before if I have trouble so I apoligize in advance for that.
Will post some pics of where I am at in my construction and I welcome any hints or tips that are available.
My first project is a SPACE MARINE from the 40K universe since I am built like a tank I figured this would be a great suit to start with.
Got the legs knocked out and am moving onto the crotch and waist.
Slow going at the moment as the colder weather here is making it a mongrel to get glue to stick anything other than my fingers.

Name: Nathan
Profession: Work at a Noodles and Company
Favorite Hobby: Cooking and video games
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Payday 2
Other Interests:Cooking and learning new way to build props and such
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Band: Abney Park
Favorite Movie(s): Dune
Other: ... hmm i will figure that out later

Name: Ash
Lives: Perth Western Australia
Interests: Gaming, fishing, spending time with my family.
Abit about myself I work fly in fly out work so half the year i work and the other half i spend my time with my wife and 3 kids. I don't really know what else to say except thank you for letting me join up and i look forward to meeting members that maybe local to me and i hope i can contribute to this awsome community

Good day everybody.

I tried 2 of the copy-paste lists, it didn't fly. The anarchy in me is strong, I just have to colour outside of the lines.
My name is Joanna, 26 years old, somewhere on the European continent. Sadly enough I do not have a HALO suit yet, just a helmet on the way.
Secretly I wanted to do Cortana, because I suck with foam, and she is hawt. But in the spur of the moment, I accidentally got a helmet. So Kelly it is!

So yeah................ ............... hi!

Bye!

Name: Dillon

Hello everybody :p My name is Dillon and I am currently working on my first set of armor. I am making a Reach E.O.D tech at the moment in between school weeks, progress is slow but steady :) I hope to be part of this awesome community of like minded people and cant wait to see all your awesome creations :)

Job: Lifeguard
Favorite Hobbies: All things Halo, swimming
Favorite Halo: Reach
Armour: Work in progress :p
Favorite Band: Matchbox Twenty

Name: Dillon

Hello everybody :p My name is Dillon and I am currently working on my first set of armor. I am making a Reach E.O.D tech at the moment in between school weeks, progress is slow but steady :) I hope to be part of this awesome community of like minded people and cant wait to see all your awesome creations :)

Job: Lifeguard
Favorite Hobbies: All things Halo, swimming
Favorite Halo: Reach
Armour: Work in progress :p
Favorite Band: Matchbox Twenty

Please post your progress W.I.P. I want to see your EOD! You have a couple of great EOD's in the Australia regiment!

Name: Lina
Profession: Laboratory Coordinator (Fancy for advanced lab support)
Favourite Hobby: Cosplay! Halo playing, and other stuff i can't mention here ;)
Favourite Halo: umm all of them?
Favourite Food: all food.
Other interests: Sailor Moon, Anime, electronic stuffs.

Name: Michael S.
Profession:pharma tech and dad
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and model making
Favorite part of halo: The Story line is so well written gets me into the universe an the books expand on it well
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests:camping
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Finisher: Arbiters impalment of the prophet
Favorite Band: DIO and most other metal bands

Hey there, I just registered here because I am a great Halo fan and will start my first custome soon. For now I've spent hours and hours of browsing the forum, reading threads about pepakura, foaming and some other stuff I've never heard about and don't know if I'll always be able to recall or memorize. But we'll see.
As netiquette commands, here my short Introduction about who I am and what I do. Cheers.

Name: Ulrik
Profession: Telecommunications
Favorite Hobby: Cards Against Humanity
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect series, Mirror's Edge, (currently) Overwatch
Other Interests: HEMA, occasional LARPing

Name: Taylor
Profession: Supervisor
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach

I'm just starting to get into the world of prop making. It's something I enjoy almost as much as videogames, so the two lend very nicely to each other. I'm working on a Captain America sheild, Wolverine Claws, a portal gun, and soon the Reach Mk V helmet.

Name: Dan
Profession: ESL Teacher
Hobby: Photography, cosplay
Favorite Game: Fallout series

I've been an active cosplayer since Connecticon 2007 or 2008ish, and even moreso since I've been living in Korea. For the last three years I've been an active photographer too, focusing (ha) mainly on cosplay.
My wife makes all our costumes, and I make all our props and weapons, and take our photos. Previously I mostly made weapons and accessories, but we've decided to go all-out with a full armor build for once, partly as a memorial for a family member. It's a challenge but it's loads of fun too.

Hi there,
now it is time to build my own armor ! :) I have spent many hours of browsing threads, tuts etc. I already made real steel armor for myself (historical correct :) ) and tried a little bit with clone armor but now I want to start with Halo armor- first of all the ODST one. Feet first into hell! :D Here some details of mine
Name: Kevin
Profession: Blacksmith
Hobby: HMB, LARP
Favorite Games : Halo ODST, Reach
Favorite Movie : Deadpool ( <- hey look that´s my name :p) [just kidding xD ]

Howdy 405th!
Hear tell the first thing to do around these parts is to post a intro... so here it is-

Name: Ken
Profession: Semi Retired, former legacy db programmer, NT Domain Admin, cross platform data integration & automation
Military: 4yr Army, 4yr Guard... back before GW1
Favorite Hobby: not being at work
Favorite part of halo: The fact that RvB was made from it
Favorite Video Game: Minecraft modded, for $/hr economy
Other Interests: All the typical Texan Stereotype stuff
Favorite Food: Free
Favorite Band: 70's & 80s
Favorite Movie(s): The Quiet Man, Full Metal Jacket, Super Troopers

Havent played Halo,
but I liked the Rooster Teeth show Red vs Blue enough to become a big fan of them.

I may be a costume noob,
but I am trying to organize my friends in a RT Community Group to do a group costume for next years RTX. We have 11 months, so I figured we can setup a weekly Build Along of simple, short tasks for the steps in making Pep Armor. Seems everyone on the internet knows the 405th is the place to go if you want to make Halo gear, so here I am.

Name: Nick/Nickolas F. Loulou
Profession: Part time/Full time retail at walmart
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Cosplay, Airsoft
Favorite part of halo: The Story is what drew me in, then It's getting tid bits and details about all the characters
Favorite Halo: Hard to chosse, I do like 4 and 5 as well
Favorite Video Game: Halo/s all of them, Fallout 4
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movie(s): Return of the Jedi, and RvsB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back