Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Vaughn Fletcher

Profession: Part time Janitor

Favorite Hobby: gaming and goofing off

Favorite part of Halo: Killing grunts

Favorite Halo: Halo 1

Favorite Video Game: Too hard to say

Other Interests: RPing, star wars, sci-fi in general, etc.

Favorite Food: Mandarin chicken. Mmmm

Other: Yeah..

hows everybody im new to the 405th and the costuming community

i hope to learn a great deal from everybody here at the 405th

ive looked at loads of forum posts and topics and pictures of everybodys work and im absolutely astonished at the amount of work that is produced

everyone has done a great job and i hope to one day become as good as any one of the vets

a lil bout me

the name is aarien you guys can call me TK they called me it in halo 1 2 and 3

i live in florida full time student who has a job so i try as hard as i can to work on my projects

you can find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/thingking2 soon ill have pics up of my works in progress

and to everyone at the 405th thank you for having me and i hope to be one of the greats thanks for all that you can teatch me

I've been skulking around for quite a while, but I never actually came in here to post a intro. :p

My name is Sue and I've been costuming for a while. Huge Halo fan (duh) even before I discovered costuming as a hobby. Haha. I've got a few current WIP projects, including a Halo 2 Cortana and Harry Potter's Bellatrix Lestrange. My latest completed project was Poison Ivy from DC Comics, which debuted last month!

In the real world, I'm in the media production industry. Before I quit my job last month, I was working full time as a video editor. Now that I have quit, I'm turning into a couch potato, gaming everyday. I don't think I can call myself a full time gamer yet, though. :pBut now that I've got lots more time on my hands (along with a lot less income), I've been able to continue work on various projects I've wanted to complete for a while. For example, Cortana. Here's a link to the WIP thread. Also a link to my cosplay.com profile can be found in my sig.

Let's see, what else.

I'm 20 and I'm an aspiring filmmaker. Yep.

Name: Josh Conway

Profession: none

Favorite Hobby: gaming and hopefully making armor

Favorite Video Game: Gears of War, Half-Life, Halo, Fallout

Other Interests: Geeking it out

Favorite Food: i have a sweet tooth

Name: Naythan

Profession: odd job jack

Favorite Hobby: building things, and metal working

Favorite part of halo: The Story line

Favorite Video Game: Halo 1 and 3 as well as gears of war

Other Interests: music and traditional archery

Favorite Food: pizza

Favorite Band: fal out boy

Favorite Movie(s): Behind Enemy Lines, 13th warrior, black hawk down (halo movi when it comes out :) )

Other: hoping to modd out a 93 geo tracker into a warthog soon

Name- Josh

Age- 14

Profession- nothing really at the moment. Was working at a laser tag place

Favorite food- chinese and hispanic food

Favorite Game's- Splinter cell chaos theory and halo series

Favorite music- anything that's good

Favorite hobby - Adobe photoshop, makeing things, Airsoft, MMA, and getting to like Armor makeing

I was thinking about makeing halo armor for almost a year and decided to make an account

Name: Luis

Profession: Technical Writer for IT firm

Favorite Hobby: Martial arts, computers, sports

Favorite part of halo: The story line

Favorite Halo: 3

Favorite Video Game: Halo, Grand Prix legends, anything simulation, Rock Band

Other Interests: F1 Grand Prix racing, movies, literature, history, martial arts

Favorite Food: Pizza (NY style)

Favorite Movie(s): Anything with the words "Star Wars" anywhere.

What do I plan to build: Hopefully, Spartan armor for my son (9), out of pepakura plans, then find someone to fiberglass/bondo it (do not have the facilities/space to deal with those chemicals!)in time for Halloween.

Dropping in to say hi to the fellow armor fanatics out there!, hoping to start building a Odst outfit, or a Iron man, or a Chief =P.

From looking at your forums and finished projects i would have to say that you have a great group of people with amazing skill. Mad props to you all. Hope to learn alot from the masters! :)

Name: Goby, decept217

Profession: graphic designer

Favorite Hobby: gaming, designing

Favorite part of halo: the visuals, and story

Favorite Video Game: Too many =P

Other Interests: Graphic design, Custom anything, Movies, concept art and 3d modeling

Favorite Food: nothing beats a pizza and a beer

Favorite Band: Linkin Park / Fort minor

Favorite Movie(s): Too many to mention.

Name: Ash or Munky

I can't summarize. I have to type in complete staggered sentences. I met the 405th for the first time this last weekend at DragonCon. I've been costuming for a couple of years and am an active member of the Wolf Pack Elite and a somewhat less active member of the 300DC Spartan group. I've been a Halo fan for YEARS and my personal favorite will always be the first. I love the music. My gamertag is MunkyBox. I can't remember the names of everyone I met but they were all very nice, thanks for humoring me and my fangirl moment. I have a UNSC Command Uniform pinup and am working on a Cortana and a Miranda Keys

Name: Andrew Prieto

Profession: full time chef at macaroni grill and full time college student

Favorite part of halo: The Story line

Favorite Halo: 2

Favorite Video Game: Halo, half-life, call of duty

Favorite Food: italian

Favorite Band: three days grace

Favorite Movie(s): star wars, war movies

DaddyBurrito here... I am a noob at creating Halo armor however I think I am off to a good start. I assembled the pep prototype of the Master Chief's helmet over the last two days. I didn't do the first one to scale so it is a little too small but it gave me a good idea on how to work with the pep paper model. I am going to get some resin a fiberglass to finish the prototype off and then I will use it as a nice display piece. The real work begins today however on the Halloween costume. I have printed the pep sheets for the battle rifle and am going to begin assembly over the next few days. Once I get it assembled I will move into the various pieces of MJOLNIR armor scaled to fit me and then finally the helmet. I am a bit intimidated by the process of resin and fiberglass but am going into this project with zeal! I am really looking forward to making this and expect to have something I can be proud of in the end. I figure that once it has been worn for Halloween that I will get a cheap store dummy and put the armor on it and display it in the corner of my game room.

I have a question though... when building the Battle Rifle, since it will be basically an enclosed box when it is done, I will be able to apply resin but won't be able to do fiber-glass on the inside. What do you suggest I do to give it extra strength and a nice heft. I was thinking of pumping some insulation expanding foam into it but am not sure if the resin will be rigid enough to keep the rifle's shape. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks and take care,

DaddyBurrito

"Who's your DADDY!"

brand new to prop making

Name: Steven Yeater

Profession: Hold the couch to the floor/school (Maj. Commercial Graphic Design minor in chiseled skulpting)

Favorite Hobby: Halo 3 halo3 halo3....

Favorite part of halo: Most definitely the books the story in the games is amazing the books and the details of them are mind blowing

Favorite Halo: Halo 3

Favorite Video Game: Halo 3

Other Interests: art, any kind i couldnt live without it..

Favorite Food: pizza

Favorite Finisher: ??

Favorite Band: Meat loaf

Favorite Movie(s): the hangover

Other: ive CASE modded 4 xboxes, leds, windows, temp display screens, water cooling systems, the whole 9 (none of that cheating crap though)

New to the site!

Name: Fong Ngo

Hobby: Prop Making

Profession: Jaguar/Land Rover Representative.

I've had a stroke of inspiration recently and decided I wanted to do an ODST armor for the next Anime Convention in December. Hopefully from reading all the tutorials on this site will give me some ideas on how to do it without making a big mess out of my house.

Name: Barnett Chenault

Profession: I am a Technical Instructor for Cornerstone Academy.

Favorite Hobby: Fabricating/building things

Favorite Video Game: Halo, Resident Evil, Castlevania

Other Interests: I have quite a few. Soccer, video games, cars and engines, construction projects, reading, piano, guitar, making movies,photography,

Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the rings

Yeah uh,

Name: Gabe Thompson

Profession: I work for my dad on computers

Hobbies: making stuff reading on 405th.com and video games

Fav halo/part: 1 and all of it

Favorite food: pizza!

Other: I have my Ham radio license and I suck at pepekura (so far)

and have only played halo 3 once

just joined today so i am a complete noob (newb?)

Hello everyone!

Name: Shawn J.

Profession: Just a little spec in a the US Army

Favorite Hobby: Ooh Id say paintball

Favorite part of halo: Definitely the story line, everyone does Aliens, but no one does it like Bungie

Favorite Halo: 1

Favorite Video Game: HALO first and formost

Well Im stuck over here in Japan with plenty of time on my hands when Im not at work, so I thought I might try a couple projects, but to sure where to start, but Ill think of something!

Name: Peter Richards

Profession: Soldier in U.S. Army

Favorite Hobby: Music,Video Games and Comics

Favorite part of halo: The one liners the supporting characters throw out in the heat of battle.

Favorite Halo: That's like asking a parent to pick a favorite child...

Favorite Video Game: Goldeneye

Other Interests:

Favorite Food: I'm a garbage disposal.

Favorite Finisher: The one that leaves the "finished" feeling ashamed and traumatized regardless of the game.

Favorite Band: Switchfoot or Say Anything

Favorite Movie(s): Gladiator, Dawn of the Dead, Role Models and Star Wars.

Other: Played Warped Tour once.

Name: Stephen W.

Profession: Work at Best Buy as a Geek Squad agent

Favorite Hobby: Video Games and working on computers

Favorite Video Game: Halo or Fable

Other Interests: I LOVE music and some crafts

Favorite Food: Salmon

Favorite Band: Iron and Wine

Favorite Movie(s): Aliens, Transformers, Nightmare Before Christmas

name:Nathan

favorite food:pizza

favorite video game:portal

hobbies:making movies,playing video games,and making armor

Other Interests:i like to cook,and play basketball

Hey this is DARKSIDE KNIGHT I am 39 years young and have created star wars helmets in the past (storm trooper, vader). I am a huge Halo fan, I make machinima using Halo 3 and real soon with ODST. I have found an interest in creating full ODST costume armor and if that goes well maybe some Spartan gear. I am not new to the costuming culture, I have a firm grasp on the mold and cast techniques using the "smooth on" products. I also have a complete woodworking shop mainly for cabinetry but it does come in handy for creating mold boxes and weapons. I would love to collaborate with some members here and create some really detail oriented projects. I am a noob when it comes to Pepakura projects, have never messed with them at all but I can see where they would be a very handy tool for getting the basic parts shape and ready for molding. If anyone here with experience would like to work together with some Halo Armor ideas, I would love to work with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back