Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Matt M.
Profession: CAD/CAM Programming Designer
Favorite Hobby: Dancing and video games. lol
Favorite part of halo: I cant really decide on one thing. Its all good to me.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo Trilogy, GoW 1 and 2
Armors: Master Chief, Either versions of the Fett Armor
Other Interests: Im love music. Car audio is something Ive always had a thing for.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: There is no way I can have a favorite. I like way to many artists
Other: Im Pale! lol

This would be the very first forum that I have EVER joined. So I am kind of new to this. I have been coming by the 405th for quite some time now though. I have started on a few projects, I dont have any pictures yet though. I gots no camera :(. As soon as I get some pictures I will def. be posting them.

A better description of what I do, for those not sure what CAD/CAM is would be Computer Aided Drafting/Computer Aided Machining. I work for a pattern shop. We make patterns for foundry's so they can mass produce products. When people ask what I do, they never understand so I tell them Im a computer nerd lol.

I think that sums it up for now.

Name: Damien (awesome name right? :p)
Profession: Nothing at the moment. Cept babysitting. Now I hate babies...
Hometown: NYC baby!
Favorite Hobby:Drawing, making sigs, and of course playing video games.
Favorite part of halo: Definitely the books. Have you read those things? THEY'RE EPIC.
Favorite Halo: Has to be Halo 1, it was the best put together story wise.
Favorite Video Game: This changes about every month. Right now its Crysis and Cortex Command (ima pc gamer)
Other Interests: Music, chicks, art in general, chicks, school, chicks, writing, soccer, some paintball, oh and i cant forget chicks.
Favorite Food: Funnel Cake. Yuuuuummm
Favorite Finisher: Curb stop to the face! GOW2 loves me.
Favorite Band: Sum 41. They will never die in my heart :cry:
Favorite Movie: Shooter. Hands down best sniper movie ever made.

My Super Long Intro: Well 405th, in the last 2 years I have become increasingly interested the physical arts (sculpting, painting, drawing, etc.). I have heard from oh too many people that I have a gift for art (we'll see if you guys think so when I post my drawings in the summer) and I decided that in order to start my artistic endeavors in the 3-dimensional realm I should design a set of Halo armor this summer. I started researching howto's and found the DIY Halo armor vid by indymogul on youtube, which of course featured our own SKG and the 405th as blueprint sources. This came as an utter shock to me; here i was thinking I was one of only a few "regular" people who were attempting to make accurate and appealing sets of armor from the halo universe and here pops up an entire community devoted to no only making accurate replicas, but making it easier for others to make them as well. I had initially wanted to make my armor from clay having some experience with it from art school last summer, but seeing as the people here have taken the time and effort to make accurate blueprints with Pepakura, I will definitely take advantage of this simpler opportunity.

I have been watching you guys move around here for about a month because I was not able to join due to the registration lock, and I have basically covered the entire site (stickies, elite section, noob section, rules, etc.) by visiting everyday. I do consider myself a noob at this, having never done it before, but I have a knack for detail and a good idea of exactly what I want to accomplish. My first set of armor will be an ODST (never really liked the Mark series) and I have a good set of steps planned out to get myself started. YES I KNOW, ODST armor for my first armor will be tough, but I will have tons of time and plenty of heat here in the Texas summer to accomplish it. Researching here, I have been quite impressed by the work done, especially by Rube, whose ODST armor looks pretty damn good. His armor is sort of what striving for in terms of detail, and pep should make it alot faster.

Well im working this summer, so I should have enough money to pay for all the supplies. (Sorry this is so damn long, I got bored :) ) My comp is broke (HDD crashed ) so until i get that fixed or replaced I cant do Pep at all (this comp im using SUX) and that probably wont be until the summer. But until then I will be collecting supplies and info as iahave been for the last month. Thanks to all, dont even know how much you guys have helped me out :)

Damarius101 said:
My Super Long Intro: Well 405th, in the last 2 years I have become increasingly interested the physical arts (sculpting, painting, drawing, etc.). I have heard from oh too many people that I have a gift for art (we'll see if you guys think so when I post my drawings in the summer) and I decided that in order to start my artistic endeavors in the 3-dimensional realm I should design a set of Halo armor this summer.

Welcome to the 405th!
Perhaps you should skip the pep process and try out the sculpting aspect... use the 12inch figure from McFarlane as your muse and rock out some pieces... BTW: I am really starting to feel serious jealousy towards those who can sculpt, so knock it off all of you! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Justin
Profession: Electrical Engineer Drafter
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Modeling
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Movie(s): anything comic or video game related and horror movies

Name: Cole Merrick (I use my nickname Aurous alot)
Profession: Kohls (ironic huh with my name)
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Baseball
Favorite part of halo: Defintaly Multiplayer on LIVE
Favorite Halo: 3 (even though it was too short)
Favorite Video Game: Halo or Final fantasy series
Other Interests: baseball. football, paintball, cars
Favorite Food: Country fried steak
Favorite Finisher: Shotgun to the face for the win
Favorite Band: Yea I like way to many bands to pick one
Favorite Movie(s): Dreamcatcher and ALOT more

Name: Alan
Profession: Information Technology
Favorite Hobby: Paintball, Target Shooting, Go Karting, Computers
Favorite part of halo: I just like to play it ( it's fun )
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Games: Doom is my all time favorite, Operation Flashpoint, Mario Kart, Halo Series, Dark Forces
Favorite Food: Home made Pizza all natural and organic ... Made by me :)
Favorite Movie(s): Aliens, Predator, Star Wars ESB,
Other: I was an official Stormtrooper for George Lucas during the 2007 Rose Bowl Parade

Name: Justin C. Wray
Profession: United States Air Force [AGE mechanic]
Favorite part of halo: The story, cut scenes, and Easter eggs [IE: "Sergent Reynolds" from serenity voiced by Nathan Fillion himself]
Favorite Video Game: Armored Core: For Answer
Other Interests: Paintball [mainly scenario], Games, Music, Movies, Writing, Scale modeling, Prop design...

Kit Brown
San Diego, CA.
Frequent visitor to Comic-Con
Member of the 501st. DZ-3603
Favorite game: Half-life.
I've already pep'ed 2 grenades, plasma pistol, and an overscaled stormbolter.
Time to do some resining.
Future project: Gordon Freeman's Enviro-Suit

HI My name is Vincent Tran (call me Vinny or Vince)

I'm 13
my favorite hobby is playing video games,hanging with my friends and making stuff out of legos
My favorite part of halo is killing thousands of aliens
my favorite halo is halo 2
my favorite games are GOW,Halo,COD,L4D(left 4 dead)
my favorite food is spring rolls
my favorite band is the killers
my favourite movies are the godzilla series,mall cop.

Hope I can make some new friends! :D

Name: Taylor Biardi (bee-arrrrrr-dee)
Huntington Beach CA
Profession: college student
Favorite Hobby: video games ftw
Favorite part of halo: "The Story line gets me into it and gives me the rush as if i am Master Chief"-SpartanForever.
Favorite Halo: 1 or 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Fallout 3 or Mass Effect
Other Interests: Drumming, Pbing
Favorite Food: Boboli Pizza
Favorite Finisher: ripping spines out Predator style
Favorite Band: A7X
Favorite Movie(s): Gladiator, Shaun of the Dead
Other: Stage 4 cancer patient.

Name: scott shassberger
Home town: Fortmill SC
Hobbies: videogames hunting making stuff
Favorite part of halo: searching for skulls, glitches, and hidden weapons
Favorite halo: HALO 3
Favorite games: HALO series and zelda series
Other interests: Paintball
Favorite food: anything made of venison
Favorite finisher: Diving assassination (Assassins Creed)
Favorite band: Greenday
Favorite movie:The Rock

Hey, I'm new on this site. I joined since my friend got me into prop making. I'm helping him out slightly with his armor projects. You may know him here as "ODST Spartan" "UNSC Spartan" If I'm not mistaken.

I'm from Sweden (that country with vikings and elks). My name is Björn [b-tʃ-ɜ:-n] which is swedish for bear. You may want to refer to me as Bear, Cleenstream, Cleanstream or anything similar (knock yourself out) if it's too bothersome to find the key with two dots on it all the time.

I'm currently studying computer technology at a gymnasium in order to be able to study programming and/or game developing later on.

My interests are mainly games, music, manga/anime and lately, prop making.

If i had to pick a few favorites the list would look something like this:
Game series: Zelda, Metroid, SSB and of course Halo (Been a fan since I first laid eyes on Halo: CE on the original XBox).
Bands: Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, RHCP, etc.
Food: Kebabrolls (did I just make that word up?) and anything with curry in it.
Books: The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, LoTR (haven't actually finished them yet) and Anne Rice's vampire chronicles.

That's about it I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ian Howard
Profession: High School and Lab internship
Favorite Hobby: Scale Models
Favorite part of halo: The Story line, also filling in the gaps before the first Halo and the last Halo
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Red Alert 3
Other Interests: I am an aspiring robotic engineer and I run a scale model website: Akademee
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Finisher: shotgun-melee, then sticky if on legendary!
Favorite Band: Linkin park and Bon Jovi
Favorite Movie(s): Transformers, Appleseed, Hellboy, Kelly's Heroes, Iron man, Pirates of the Caribbean
Other: I design robots that blow stuff up!

Name: Matt
Profession: Full-time law student and 1st Lieutenant in the Oklahoma Army National Guard
Favorite Hobby: Video games
Favorite part of Halo: The Halo universe, as a whole, is just so intriguing. And the story of a lone hero in the midst of it all is great. Ultimately, though, it's the mechanics of the game that keep me coming back for more.
Favorite Video Game: It changes.... Right now it's Halo 3.
Other Interests: I love sports - especially basketball.
Favorite Food: A really nice steak.
Favorite Finisher: Mortal Combat (what ever Sub Zero does...)
Favorite Band: Red
Favorite Movie(s): 300, Serenity, The Dark Knight
Other: I drive a 2006 350Z... and I know way too much about cars. I also have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Some of my friends and I got the bright idea to create some Storm Trooper armor. Once we realized that might be too expensive, the way we wanted to do it, we decided to make some Mark VI armor. We haven't started yet, but that's my summer project. We have almost no Pepakura experience, but we're going to just jump head-first into it. Fortunately, we're perfectionists and fairly crafty with our hands. I'm really hoping that works to our advantage so we can avoid the seemingly inevitable frustration that could ensue.

Ultimate goal: Have some incredible Mark VI armor in time for the release of ODST this Fall. Wish me luck!

Name:ibe (nickname)
Profession:
Favorite Hobby:playing video games, paintball, skateboarding, and making armor
Favorite part of halo:xbox live
Favorite Halo:3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3, star wars the force unleashed, COD (call of duty), and the bourne conspiracy
Other Interests:music
Favorite Food:shrimp
Favorite Finisher:
Favorite Band:Coldplay
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars saga, The bourne conspiracy, Live free or die hard, blueharvest, terminator, and any will smith, brad pitt, johny depp movies
Other:

Name: Jareth
Profession: customer service
Favorite Hobby: anime, manga, costuming, computers, movies, video games
Favorite part of halo: forge
Favorite Halo:3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3, star wars the force unleashed, silent hill 3, onechanbara,
Favorite Food:japanese
Favorite Band:Type O Negative
Favorite Movie(s): die hard, terminator, kevin smith movies, repo the genetic opera

Alright, I knew If I waited then my patience would be rewarded. Hello by the way, I prefer to go with non-standard format introductions. I won't post up my real name on the introduction forum, however once I get to know the rest of ya'll better I may share it.I am 22 by-the-way as of May 6. I don't have the XBox 360, but I do enjoy playing (although I am terrible) Halo. I have read all of the novels except the most recent Cole Protocol. I perfer the strategy Genre of games, so I will hold out for when and if Halo Wars comes to PC. I ran across Skullcandy Girls' tutorial on Indy Mogul and decided to check you guys out. I was quite amazed and I am already starting on my first project. I love costuming in general, and this one will be a first full armor set for me, I am very eager. I studied the forums hard and the work I have seen done here makes me doubt my own skills as a costume hobbyist, but at the same time it inspires me to push my hardest if only to not disappoint any of the people that put so much blood and sweat into their work. I like anime, so I guess you might find weird references from me. This pepakura is incredible, now different worlds of projects have opened up to me that I previously had no clue about. Thanks for sending this forum out.

Smile for the Camera, Always.

IMG_0065.jpg

(Otherwise people might think you are some unpleasant person when they post that picture on the news)

Yo, here goes!

Name: Tom (aka CRUSH)
Height: 6'5.5" (~197 cm) Weight: 205 lb (~93 kg)
Occupation: Full time student, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
Hobbies: Sports (football, basketball, volleyball), Parkour, video games, reading, drawing, weight lifting, music, movies
Fav Video Game: Any Valve game (Half Life, Left 4 Dead...), HALO

Fun fact: The nickname Crush is from volleyball. Turns out if you're tall and can jump, suddenly you're putting craters in the floor with a soft air filled ball.

Forge on!

Name: Jory Edwards
Profession: Still in school to become a nurse. Working as Carpenter in the summer.
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Guns, Dirtbikes. Ect ect.
Favorite part of halo: The opening scene of halo three was beautiful after the 10 games I traded for it hahaha.
Favorite Halo: 1 and 2.
Favorite Video Game: I Love the halo series, COD series and DMC seies.
Other Interests: Music for sure, I play guitar too, and of course building these armors XD
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Finisher: Chain Saw from FOW Haha.
Favorite Movie(s): Adams podcasts ;) Hahaha. AVP and AVP2

Name: Devon
Profession: Computer Technician
Favorite Hobby: Building things
Favorite part of halo: Multiplayer with friends
Favorite Halo: 3 because of the different armors
Favorite Video Game: Gears of Wars, Halo
Other Interests: Building gundam models, Anime, Cosplay
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Finisher: Shotgun to the chest
Favorite Band: Abingdon Boys School, Tommy heavenly6
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Transformers