Name: Stacy Rossillon

Profession: full time student

Favorite Hobby: Video Games and costuming

Favorite part of halo: Multiplayer, even though I'm still terrible at it

Favorite Halo: 3

Favorite Video Game: Any of the metroid series

Other Interests: Chemistry and History

Favorite Food: hmmm.... Anything really spicy

Favorite Band: ATC for trance Ryan Star for alt rock and for old stuff pink floyd

Favorite Movie(s): Pan's Labyrinth

Reason for joining 405th: Several.. I saw a pepakura helmet and wondered how it was done and was directed here mid-move. I thought it was pretty awesome so I checked it out only to find out you were down... So now that you're up I'm planning on starting out with a Halo armor and then by next September hopefully have a dark Samus piece paired with a friend doing Samus.

Other: Hello. Oh and I'm well known online for being quirky... RL I'm not very well liked, no surprise I prefer the online world.

Hey everyone, longtime lurker here!

Name: Alex Morrison

Profession: Full time student

Favorite Hobby: Film making, video games, warhammer

Favorite part of halo: Storyline and the music

Favorite Halo: Am I allowed to say Reach already? haha

Favorite Video Game: The Halo and Mass Effect series

Other Interests: Classic rock and Spanish rock! Zeppelin, Del Castillo, ACDC

Favorite Food: I'm gonna be out there and say mashed potatoes!

Favorite Band: Can't say really

Favorite Movie(s): The Dark Knight, Avatar, 3:10 to Yuma, Iron Man... list goes on

Other: I enjoy long walks on the beach :p

yo whats up.

Name: Dallas

Profession: if i had any yeah games and yeah. its hard to be a graduate of high school and homless and not get a job. believe me im trying!

Favorite food: Spagetti.

Favorite hobby: model planes tanks and boats, also music and games collection wise.

Favorite music: Rock, hard rock, metal.

Favorite band: KKKKOOOOORRRRRNNNN!!!!!! and others thers a list.

Favorite game: Halo, raindbow six las vegas 2, Fallout three, Ace combat, and armored core.

Favorite drink: vanallia coke.

Favorite gun: the XM8, M1 Grand, M14, and M1a1 carbine.

Favorite quote: F$%# to many!

well thats the "black and white" "fit in a box" me.

Name: Erin Sproule

Profession: Civil / Structural Drafter and 3D Modeller

Favorite Hobby: Video gaming, 3D Modelling, Photography, warhammer

Favorite part of halo: The Music and the story line

Favorite Halo: Halo 3 (dont own my own xbox360 yet >>)

Favorite Video Game: Mechwarrior Series and Dragon Age

Other Interests: Music... lots of music...

Favorite Food: Chicken Jap Curry...

Favorite Band: Cant really say, i have quite a few

Favorite Movie(s): The Alien Quadrilogy and Casshern

Other: Im a male with an unfortunate name...

Hi Guys!

Name: Gabriel Dila

Profession: Student, Theather Actor

Favorite Hobby: Gaming Acting

Favorite Part Of Halo: Storyline and Awesomenest of Halo.

Favorite Halo: Halo CE

Other Intrests: Acting

Favorite Food: Tough one... Can't really pick.

Favorite Band: Get Set Go, BFS

Favorite Movie: ummmm....dunno

Guess that is it.

Name: David

Profession: Student

Fav.Hobbies: Games,Football

Fav.Games: Halo 3,MW2,GOW2

Other Interests: Girls

name: Anthony

profession: school

favorite hobby: video games

favorite part of halo: online and story line

favorite halo: reach

favorite video game: halo

other intrests: skateboarding, wakeboarding, music, traveling

favorite food: pizza, ramen, and cheese burgers

favorite band: Metallica,Greenday

Aeonyx said:
QUOTE(ResinGod @ Mar 26 2008, 12:22 AM) Wow I feel extremally old now im the oldest to do this post

I'll Make you feel young, lol!

Name: Annie

Profession: Video Game Tester/Quality Assurance

Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Cosplay costume design

Favorite part of halo: The gameplay, it is a lot of fun to play!

Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy series or Silent Hill series

Other Interests: Paintball, music, Comics, LARP, D & D, anime, manga (too many others to list)

Favorite Food: Italian

28 isnt old at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ricky

Profession: Engineer tech

Favorite Hobby: Making these costumes

Favorite part of Halo: Story

Favorite Video Game: Any first person shooter

Other Interests: Boating, Biking, Fishin, Playing Halo with my son.

Favorite Food: Sushi

Undealwithable said:
Name: Christopher

Profession: Healthcare IT

Favorite Hobbies: Mixed bag of video games, reading (to include Manga) and costuming

Favorite Halo: 2

Favorite Video Game: Currently Fallout 3

Other Interests: Martial Arts, music, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and other weirdness

Favorite Food: Sushi!

Favorite Band: Southern All Stars

Favorite Movie(s): 300, Ironman, Lord of the Rings

Originally I became interested in making costumes and armor in '03 after my wife made Jedi costumes for me and my two boys. We looked awesome...geeky, but awesome. I then made an attempt at some "knight" armor using cut-up plastic buckets and faux leather...FAIL.

Then in '08, after a hiatus, I started researching costuming and came across a multitude of sites, discovering the 405th, 501st, Thedentedhelment as well as the wide world of cosplay.

That Halloween, attempted to make 3 sets of Masterchief armor...only managed 1. Thanks especially to Skullcandy Girl and AoBFrost for showing me non-toxic ways to make the armor and to Flyingsquirl and Robogenesis for their pep models, plus the countless members of the 405th who've taken the time to detail their methods.

I think it came off o.k....in comparison to the other costumes in my area, but having run out of time, it wasn't quite where I wanted it to be. Made the local news though.

[attachment=16231:31 Oct 08a.JPG]

The following year, I switched gears attempting samurai armor out of cardboard and hot glue. Again, it came off pretty well in comparison to others, but not quite what I wanted.

[attachment=16232:31 Oct 09a.JPG]

This year I'm going to push a little harder and actually try to build more permanent costumes using resin/fiberglass, and maybe even try a bit of molding....hopefully I can come closer to what's considered 'standard' quality for the 405th.

Nicely done, specially the little samurai

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Gary Pahls

Profession: County Worker

Favorite Hobby: Video gaming, Cooking, Camping/Hiking, hopefully carfting armor

Favorite part of halo: The Music and the story line

Favorite Halo: Halo 3

Favorite Video Game: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Other Interests: Music,

Favorite Food: Arabic and Mediterranean food

Favorite Band: Amon Amarth, Immortal, Dethklokk, Megadeth, Pantera, Celtic Frost, Five Finger Death Punch, Blue October, Dimmu Borgir, Exodus, Flaw, GWAR!!!! to name a few

Favorite Movie(s): Too many favorties to pick just one

Name: Gordon

Profession: Currently and intern at a local art museum

Favorite hobby: As of right now, video games. Hopefully it'll be costuming soon

Favorite part of Halo: forget the story. i LOVE the music. And the Halo CE needler; it's just freaking badass!

Favorite Halo: Halo Custom Edition. Flying Pelicans are soooo much fun

Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy 7, my first game. My most memorable.

I'm looking forward to joining the community, and hopefully participating in something later on.

I guess I have to do this hole thing about myself as well. My name is Michael Kleese and the reason why I am hear is because I want to make a Halo fan vid and I need to learn the tools of the craft. I love the halo series as well and the call of duty modern warfare stuff(4 was the best). But that's about it for me. More stuff well be posted up about me later.

Hey all, here's an ever so brief introduction of myself, ended up on this site this morning looking for as much info on the Ironman Pep projects as I could, but aside from the ellusive file from Herogear (which I can't seem to find online lol) all other prints are either incomplete or are being charged for. For now, Ironman, but who knows what other projects I'll end up costuming. Currently working (slowly) on a pep project of a Warhammer 40k Space Marine bolter to-scale in an "In case of Tyranid, Break Glass" windowbox.

Name: Elvis Jenkins (yes that's my real name lol)

Profession: Unemployed, pre-entrepreneur

Favorite Hobby: Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, World of Warcraft, gaming in general largely

Favorite part of halo: To be honest, at risk of a banhammer (lol) I'm not a fan of Halo, I'm here for the Pep discussions on a leadup to a local SciFi Con.

Favorite Halo: --

Favorite Video Game: World of Warcraft at the moment, though love the Legend of Zelda series. Another very well done RP game was Brainlord on the SNES... if you don't know it, you NEED to try it

Other Interests: Music, Gaming, some sports, pep/papercraft, hacking open electronics to tinker with them

Favorite Food: Too many to list really... I love food, and I love my metabolism lol

Favorite Finisher: Smoke's Armageddon, Just kill em all and let the higher powers figure it out

Favorite Band: Hammerfall, but largely any metal/hard rock band... and 80's music

Favorite Movie(s): Ironman, Pan's Labyrinth, Silent Hill (good stand alone movie, bad series compliment), Matrix (1!!) and the Riddick series

Other: Pretty much me, I'm a usual long haired metal/rocker type, mostly straight-edge lifestyle but I drink on occasion.

Name: Bronson Nelson

Profession: Student

Favorite Hobby: Learning as much as I can about the special effects industry. I hope to either be an actor, a stuntman, or work with special effects in the future.

Favorite part of Halo: Online play

Favorite Halo: Halo 3

Favorite Video Game: Really into the Yakuza series, it’s kind of repetitive but I love the story line.

Other Interests: Music, pranks, video games, acting, causing mischief scuba diving, base jumping, bear wrestling, sky diving, spelunking, rock climbing, fire breathing, ice-pops, video games, computers, ramen, cartoons and anything else rad that you can think of.

Favorite Food: Getting in shape has cut a lot of my favorite foods out, but I do enjoy a good burger.

Favorite Band:

Favorite Movie(s): I’m a bit of a movie critic so there are tons of movies I could list. Just to name a few in no particular order: The Last Samurai, The Boondock Saints, The Nightmare before Christmas, Grand Torino, Six-String Samurai, The Butterfly Effect, The Rocky Horror Picture Show...and the list goes on.

Name: Matheus Zanini Storck

Profession: Work at an Biology Laboratory

Favorite Hobby: Video Games and computer's Stuff

Favorite part of halo: The last chapter of Halo 3, Just AWERSOME and I cried....

Favorite Video Game: Single: Oblivion, FallOut 3; Multiplayer: Halo 3

Other Interests: I like to learn new things and Do these things by myself, It's Funny :D

Favorite Food: Brazillian Brabecue

Favorite Band: The Kooks

Favorite Movie(s): Iron Man 2, Dungeons & Dragons ( I don't know!)

Other: I'm from Brazil, I live here until I was born, I'm finishing the High School this year, I LOVE to speak english (hehe ).

I've never had a GirlFriend.. seriously

Hi all :D

Name: Gary Bradley

Profession: Car Mechanic

Favorite Hobby: Disney, prop making

Other Interests: i like to be on the computer ..... A LOT lol

Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite Band: Panic!

Favorite Movie(s): Spiderman, Avatar, BTTF,

Other: I am from Sheffield (in the UK) been playing around and enjoying "making" movie props for a while. i have just started to make pepakura :)

Name: Matthew Beaulieu

Profession: Currently I'm a Forklift operator.

Favorite Movies: Aliens,Avatar,Ironman,Star wars(yeah I like all six of em)

Hobbies: Model building,Building computers,Computer Animation(I'm hoping to make that a career soon!)

Been lurking around awhile. Found the site last September and built a Mark v Spartan out of cardboard for Halloween.

Now that the weather is getting warmer I may try making a more durable version. Although the WarMachine armor builds I've been seeing

have inspired me to maybe try my hand at one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back