Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:Jordan Hulseman
Profession: Enlisted in U.S. Army as a Uh-60 (aka BlackHawk) helicopter repairer
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Music
Favorite part of halo: Legendary ending to Halo 1
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo Series
Other Interests: Music and Halo is my life
Favorite Finisher: don't have one
Favorite Band: NightWish
Favorite Movie(s): Serenity

name:jaime jr
fav hobby: making halo armors with my DAD
fav HALO: odst
fav game: HALO DEU!!!
other interests: drawing
fav song: set the world on fire
fav movie: transformers and the road
fav show:dr Who

Name: David
Profession: I manage a deli
Favorite Hobby: video games followed by art
Favorite part of halo: legendary Halo 3 ending...what planet is that???
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Jet Set Radio
Other Interests: theoretical particle physics and building my own computers
Favorite Food: Jaipuri Paneer Dosai
Favorite TV: ATHF
Favorite Band: Anata
Favorite Movie(s): Blade Runner and Koroshiya Ichi
Other: Yay

Name: Kade
Profession: Learning
Favorite Hobby: Oblivion modding/codemonkeying
Favorite part of halo: The legendary ending to Halo: Combat Evolved.
Favorite Halo: Reach (I am aware that it released a week after this was posted, but a guy can dream. Right?)
Other Interests: Robotics, Skiing is fun >.>
Favorite Food: Tiramisu (if you don't know what is is, go to a good Italian food restaurant and get some, NOW!)
Favorite TV show(s?): History, Discovery
Favorite Band(s?): Blood or Whiskey, Eagles, Epica...LOTS more
Favorite Movie(s?): Into the Wild, Boondock Saints, Star Wars, The Bourne Trilogy, Zeitgeist, V for Vendetta
Other: Tomato Nazis FTW! Pandas = adorable :3

Hi, I'm Edd

Howdy everyone. I'm glad i finally get a chance to introduce myself. I originally joined back in Dec 2009 while i was passing threw Qatar on the way to Iraq but the internet wasn't that great and I never got a chance to log back in after my initial post. Now that I'm stateside I'm looking forward to becoming a active forum member.

Here a little bit about myself.

I am an engineer Florida Army National Guard who works with demolitions and just back from Iraq. I am also a premed student. I work at a local pizza shop to pass the time and now it's going to fund my venture into prop making and costuming.

If there was something lower than a NOOB thats what i would be when it comes to costuming. I've never attempted anything like this before but I am a very curious person and love reading and building things and working with my hands. I am also a very talkative person and enjoy meeting people.

I'm looking forward to meeting/working with you all.

I currently plan on working on an ODST suit using pepakura to start off with. After i become comfortable with that maybe trying modeling of some kind later on down the road.

Howdy everyone. I'm glad i finally get a chance to introduce myself. I originally joined back in Dec 2009 while i was passing threw Qatar on the way to Iraq but the internet wasn't that great and I never got a chance to log back in after my initial post. Now that I'm stateside I'm looking forward to becoming a active forum member.

I am an engineer Florida Army National Guard who works with demolitions and just back from Iraq. I am also a premed student. I work at a local pizza shop to pass the time and now it's going to fund my venture into prop making and costuming.

If there was something lower than a NOOB thats what i would be when it comes to costuming. I've never attempted anything like this before but I am a very curious person and love reading and building things and working with my hands. I am also a very talkative person and enjoy meeting people.

Hey Brother in arms,

First off, Thanks for serving, and welcome back, glad your home safe... Hope your tour(s) was less eventful than mine was, hope to see your work soon, we were all sub-noobs once!!! can I get a large sausage with black olives? and I won't make any jokes about the nasty girls, oops, I mean National Guards, yall did your part just like any of us that have been active...

Name: Dustin L. Clinton
Profession: Art student/Printmaker
Favorite band: Iron & Wine
Favorite Hobby: Assemblage art creation
Favorite part of Halo: Forge
Favorite Halo: Halo 3, so far....
Favorite Video Game: Worms Armageddon
Other Interests: General costume creation, motorcycle restoration, Dungeons and Dragons
Favorite Movie: The Royal Tenebaums or The Princess Bride

first off i would like to give you a personal thankyou for defending this great country and welcome back to it! i was just like you, not sure how to get into costuming. but the community here is extremely helpfull and if you need help i always like giving a helping hand!!
with best of luck-
Matt

Hello < I'm Kody

i'm Kody Groff.
In Edmond,OK
i work for the DoD , building and repairing military aircraft
i like halo a lot and tons of other games
I'm really excited to get an armor project started!
everyone feel free to find me Via Xbox Live Gamertag: xLastAssassin26 add a friend request telling me your in the 405th and I'll be sure to add u .. ok .. good things!
Ready for Reach!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Im gonna go ahead and add you on Xbox, because I dont play with anyone from the 405th and it sounds fun. Good luck on your armor. If you have problems, feel free to see if anyone can help you fix it before you scrap anything!

Name: Andrea
Profession: Arts and technology student/part time at Bath and Body Works
Hobbies: Working out, playing video games, costuming (only ever dealt with fabric)
Favorite part of halo: Playing with other people. It's been a huge part of my social life since middle school
Favorite Video Game: Halo series
Favorite Food: For a meal, steak or sushi, and chocolate anytime
Favorite Movie: Up but usually like action movies the best

Name: Talon Frost
Profession: Graduate student. Getting my MBA and International Affairs master
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, soccer, fencing (during undergrad at least)
Favorite Video Game(s): SC2, Borderlands, MW2
Other Interests: I enjoy studying languages. I speak Japanese and want to learn French.
Favorite Food: sashimi, maybe?
Favorite Movie(s): Aliens, Kick-Ass, The Hangover, Zoolander
Other: Sooo...I wasn't brought to this forum by Halo like I imagine most people were. I did play the first Halo until my Xbox stopped working, but I only played a little of Halo 2 and none of 3...don't hate me >.> I actually saw a video from one of the members of the forums when I was researching different armor crafting methods. I'm going to attempt to make a suit of marine armor from starcraft and I hope to be able to learn from all of you as well as share what I learn in making my own. I've already got some methods that I want to try that I haven't seen on the forums yet, so I hope to see how it all works out! I actually saw the 405th at dragon*con this year which is what inspired me to try and make my own suit of terran marine armor. So thank you for the inspiration :)

Name: Denis Chayka
Profession: Certified Sr. Surgical Technician
Favorite Hobby: Computers, and android phones
Favorite Video Game: Men Of War, Civ IV, Galcon
Other Interests: Paintball
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Finisher: Dont Know Yet
Favorite Band: TSO
Favorite Movie(s): Emperor's New Groove, Illusionist, The Prestige, Requiem For a Dream, Inception
Other: I build computers, hack phones (android), and am married, building wife female spartan. :)

Name:Chris Wilson
Profession:None, just school, it sucks though.
Favorite Hobby:paintball and Airsoft
Favorite Part of Halo:"Dear Humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet!" [reply] HOO-RAH!-Sgt. Major Avery Johnson
Favorite Halo: so far, 3. they just keep getting better and better!
Favorite Video game:Halo all the way, baby!
Other Interests:Hacking Games, Designing 3d models to print out and make, and playing Modern Warfare 2.
Favorite Food:Ham and cheese omlet from Ihop.
Favorite Finisher:Beatdown. Nothing like taking the fight up close.
Other: Hopefully i can make some armor soon!

Name: Andrew
Profession: Full time electrical/computer engineering student
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and sports (mainly football and lacrosse) and hopefully making my own set of armor soon :)
Favorite part of halo: The back story and the lore, id love to see the next game be based on the Forerunner's original war with the flood
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 :) tho i know Reach will replace it soon
Favorite Video Game: Halo, and Halo
Other Interests: I like paintball and driving fast things :)
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Finisher:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s): I count Band of Brothers as a movie, best 10 hrs of film ever made.
Other: Training to run half marathons and maybe a full one someday

Name: Jared B.
Profession: Employee at a local video game shop (we sell games from Atari to PS3)
Favorite Hobby: Video games, and cruising the streets in my 1964 Pontiac GTO
Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy VII
Favorite Part of Halo: The story. It's just so epic!
Favorite Halo: 3, but Reach will most likely change that
Favorite Food: Nice and juicy burger
Favorite Finisher: Across the map head shot!
Favorite Band: HIM / Rush / Tom Petty
Favorite Show: One Piece
Favorite Movie: One Piece Movie 10 - Strong World
Other: Going to start making some armor soon!

Name: Scott
Fav Video Game: Halo(1-2-3), Mass Effect 1-2
Fav Halo Part: The Story And Lore ( saving humanity, how could you not like it.)
Other: Was looking on The net and found a vid of master chief goes to wallmart (i think it was one of adams) had a link to 405th.com
and here i am getting ready to start my own build.

Name: Jakob Viehoff
Hobbies: Gaming, building and sculpting miniatures (Warhammer 40k, etc), BMX
Favorite Video Game: Halo (1-3), ME 1+2, AC2, RDR, Moon Lander (Best Game Ever, lolz)
Favorite Part of Halo: Story and that it is the most balanced and most awesome shooter I have ever played on a console
Favorite Halo: Halo 1
Favorite Food: Dunno, I like everything
Favorite Finisher: Shotgun in YOUR FACE! (while jumping)
Favorite Band: Blumentopf, KIZ, Dendemann, 8bit, Stu, Ohrbooten
Favorite Show: Way to many
Favorite Movie: Even more, really
Other: I just wanted to go to a higher level and try to use my skills that I have earned by building and sculpting miniatures on bigger projects. Also, I always wanted to have a Halo Armor, but I wanted to do it myself. Basically, I will fail but maybe it will work....after a hundred attempts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back