Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Gabrielle, Gabbie, or GabbZ
Profession: IT
Favorite Hobby: Working on my Z, Video games and General Craftiness.
Favorite part of halo: The depth that the story line goes into when all medias are involved.
Favorite Halo: Combat Evolved
Favorite Video Game: Mirrors Edge or Halo
Other Interests: Programming, Being awesome, and Modding everything I get my hands on.
Favorite Food: A really good Clam Chowder
Favorite Band: Linkin Park, Metric, Rise Against
Favorite Movie(s): Indiana Jones (1,3), Star Wars trilogy, Dr horribles Sing Along Blog, and Whip It
Other: I am getting my septum pierced in a few weeks woot.

Name: Brynna
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: Anything outdoors
Favorite part of halo: All of it. :)
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Oblivian
Other Interests: I love cats. Also, games, hiking, kayaking, shooting, making stuff, reading, yoga
Favorite Food: Coconut

Name: Jed
Favorite Hobby: Sketching, Games, Crafts..
Favorite part of halo: Storyline / Character Designs.
Favorite Halo: Reach or 4. (Am I the only one to favirote Reach?)
Favorite Video Game: Halo..
Other Interests: Computers, Animations
Favorite Food: Pasta :D
Favorite Band: Cliff lin, Colplay, Foo fighters, Guns 'n Roses. Quite mixed.
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars, Marvel Movies, DC Movies,

To start with, this was an awesome idea thread maker. :)

Here goes.

Name: Matthew
Profession: Engineer
Favorite Hobby:Archery/Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Online: Assassinating People. Offline: The Best Story Line Ever.
Favorite Halo: 1 or 4
Favorite Video Game: Dead Space or Halo.
Other Interests: Airsoft, Music.
Favorite Food: Fajitas
Favorite Finisher: Wut? Headshot count? I guess a Halo Assassination is a finisher...
Favorite Band: Probably Disturbed, but really into Glitch Mob right now.
Favorite Movie: Gladiator.

Name: Ben
Favorite hobby: Building things
Favorite halo game: 4
Favorite video game: Fallout new vegas
Previous projects: Mainly electrical things. One such thing can be found HERE
Sports: Archery and track/running

Name: Joe
Profession: Student/Unemployed
Favorite Hobby: Video games, sports, and coaching
Favorite part of halo: I love the story arc and looking forward to finding out wtf 343 is doing with the next trilogy.
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 multiplayer. It's how I got Hooked on the franchise.
Favorite Video Game: christ I don't know...too many?
Other Interests: raising hell at bar with friends is always a good time, Coaching football, fantasy football, love my bruins (god damn lockout), and countless other things.

Thank for reading, until next time.

Hey, I'm Matt. I'm a long time lurker first time poster.

I've wanted to make Halo armor for years now, and after seeing all the cool things everyone on here can do, I finally decided it was time to make something of my own.

Thanks for reading this, I hope to get to a whole lot of you!

Name: Henry Tarrio
Profession: Business owner of a security camera company by the name of Spie INC
Favorite Hobby: paintball, Skydiving and Working!!!
Favorite part of halo: The return of the chief
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Game: Halo or BF series
Other Interests: Bacon
Favorite Food: Bacon
Favorite Finisher: ithe face =]
Favorite Band: Nickelback im F****** kidding kids =\....Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Fight club
Other: I ran to my mailbox....thats about it

Name: Joseph Lowe
Profession: Finished my final exams nearly a month ago
Favorite Hobby: Now its making armor
Favorite part of halo: The story line and history.
Favorite Halo: Combat Evolved and REACH are sharing first place.
Other Interests: Singing to Blues, Soul, Country, Rock n Roll and Heavy Metal music.
Favorite Food: That is actually hard to answer. (too many choices)
Favorite Finisher: Well I feel pretty good when sticking someone with a grenade.
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Tarzan, Ray, Shaun of the Dead and Blues Brothers.
Other: Blues is my favorite musical genre. I've been writing a book for 2 years 8 months and 10 days. I guess that's probably it. Haha.

Name: Amy
Profession: Military Education
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Motorcycle riding, golf, and now costuming
Favorite part of halo: ... sadly not a big Halo fan, but plan to play more over the next year
Favorite Halo: figure it will be 4
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed
Other Interests: Spending time with my family and traveling when we can, Aerospace Education Officer - Civil Air Patrol
Favorite Food: anything I didn't have to cook of course... not that I can't cook, just who wants to when someone else will do it for you?
Favorite Finisher: any situation that I am the finisher, not FINISHED!!! lol
Favorite Band: Alter Bridge, Godsmack, Fuel, and Shinedown
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (the original 3), Avengers, The Dark Knight, Act of Valor, Anything Adam Sandler, and of course I gotta throw a chick-flick in... Love Actually
Other: Black Hawk Down... Yeah, read the book I was there!!! God Bless America

Looking forward to making a few new costuming contacts/friends and learning as well as sharing. Just finished my first armor build as FemShep and it won me $1000.00!!! Now the big decision... do I make a female assassin or pick a bounty hunter for next year? Leaning toward the assassin, but figure both will be done in due time. I plan to post more pics of my armor build in another thread so stay tuned!!!

Name: Jarred
Profession: Wal-Mart IMS Associate
Favorite Hobby: Costuming, Hunting, Fishing
Favorite part of halo: The Multipalyer
Favorite Halo: Halo Series cant choose one as they all have there special moments
Favorite Video Game: Halo or COD series
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Band: Skillet, Pillar
Favorite Movie(s): All the Star Wars, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and to may to list lol

I currently don't have any Halo costumes but that will change this December! I'm buying an ODST and going to try and make or commission a friend to make me a Spartan. I do have a Stormtooper (Incinerator Trooper from The Force Unleashed), a custom Mandalorian, and a Darth Revan costume so im not new to costuming lol
Heres hoping that I can learn or teach someone something new:cool;)

Name: Jason
Profession: accounting
Favorite Hobby: lurking on build threads :)
Favorite part of halo: armor & weapons
Favorite Halo: um...I haven't really played it
Other Interests: kayaking, rock climbing (gym), spending time with family & throwing tennis balls for my yellow Lab :)
Favorite Food: Pizza and burritos
Favorite Band: Reverend Horton Heat
Favorite Book: Dune
Other: I'm a TK in the 501st, which is where I got my start in costuming. I'm moving on to Halo armor for the challenge and because it is becoming just as recognizeable as TK armor these days :)

Name: James
Profession: Student
Favorite hobbies: Video gaming and playing soccer
Favorite Halo: Halo 4
Favorite video games: Halo and Assassin's Creed
Favorite foods: Pasta , bacon and french fries
Favorite Movies: Star Wars (original trilogy), The Dark Knight and Act of Valor

Name: Brian Bell but I answer to my wife as "Baby" lol
Profession: Demo
Favorite Hobby: Gaming/tryin to get started with armor just gathering supplies
Favorite part of halo: I get choked up at the last video between Cortana and Chief in 4
Favorite Halo: Reach s'cuz I getta be me...
Favorite Video Game: Devil May Cry
Favorite DMC Character: Dante 5 only cuz of the outfit and the DT invert color effect
Second-Favorite DMC character: Virgel DMC3
Other interests: yall I am married I work and play games thats all
Favorite Food: BK Double Whopper
Favorite Finisher: Wrath Of Heaven - Tenchu WOH
LOL I have already done the research and now I'm at the point of gathering the stuff I need and I am stupid-happy-excited to get started cause Ima try an experiment with foam and fiberglass so hopefully everything goes okay and I'll have updates to put up... keep your fingers crossed X^_^X
Favorite Movie: Forward Unto Dawn

name: Fergie (seriously its my name, im not the singer)
Profession: Aircraft mechanic
FAVE HOBBY: making movie props
FAVE HALO: between CE and REACH
FAVE FOOD:pizza hut!!!
FAVE MOVIE: The only great trilogy left BTTF, SW dropped after 1-3 were made. x_x
FAVE GAME: Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse for NES. yeah old as hell but the hardest NES game ever. (other than battle toads, that was just impossible)

Question::?:: i tried making a tread but i dont have permission?? oh well im trying to learn the pepakura to make my own helmets. and had an idea to make a helmet but it seems no one else on this forum or Google for that matter has ever considered making it. how do i make a 3d model of it to put in pepakura? or is there some one i can email to try to make it? its not halo or star wars so maybe im on the wrong forum i just think id be a cool helmet to make oh btw its Decapitrons war head from puppet master 4&5 . any help or ideas on how i could do this would be great. thanks guys ^_^

Name: Shawn Crawford
Profession: Sr. Electrical Designer
Favorite Hobby: That's hard to say...I have 5 of them
Favorite part of halo: The Story line of the Chief as well as his relationship w/Cortana
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Weapons, games, armor building
Favorite Food: Steak!!!
Favorite Finisher: Halo 4 Assasination
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjanim
Favorite Movie(s): Aliens, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars
Other: I am a disabled verteran after serving 23 yrs and 6 tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somolia. I am part of the 501st Legion and Rebel Legions since completing my Clone Commander Armor.

Halo has been one of my favorite games since it first came out. Since completing my Clone Armor, now I wish to do the Master Chief from Halo 4

Name: Kory Smith
Profession: Ace Hardware (Im the I.T guy, help on the sales floor, Purchase agent and anything else they need me to be.)
Favorite Hobby: Anything that involves building.
Favorite part f Halo: All of it.
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite video game: LOTRO, Halo, Gears....ah heck all of em.
Other Interests: Guns, Snowboarding, Wakeboarding, Cars (Camaros), Building things (Anything from Halloween props, armor to an entire house.)
Food: Meat!
Band: ??
Movie: Hudson Hawk

Name: Noah Sy
Profession: Babysitting and Civil Air Patrol
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Running
Favorite part of halo: The humor and realness makes it feel like I'm in the game fighting with Master Chief and Spartans.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo or Call of Duty Series
Other Interests: Playing Cello, and airsoft
Favorite Food: Pho, pancit, or spring roll
Favorite Finisher: MK Fatalities
Favorite Band: Queen, or The Who
Favorite Movie(s): Happy Gilmore, Click, Act of Valor, Black Hawk Down, and Rock of Ages
Other: I run lots of 5Ks.

Name: Preston Thorne
Profession: Technical Support Manager at Epic Games
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Reading, and Costuming
Favorite part of Halo: Story and Universe. I actually spend more time with the books etc. than playing the game.
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Games: Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo series. Mario Brothers, Dragon Quest, Star Fox, and Blaster Master back in the "old days".
Other Interests: My kids and family. 4 kids now and I love spending time with them and even costuming with them.
Favorite Food: Sushi, Steak, Boston Cream Pie
Favorite Movie(s): The Fifth Element, LOTR, Indiana Jones, Avengers series

I've been playing Halo since Halo 1, even played that competitively in local competitions (back in the days before Xbox live existed).
I was involved in the I Love Bees promotion for Halo 2:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Preston_Thorne_(character)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Preston_Thorne_(player)
which is actually what finally convinced me to follow my dreams into the video gaming industry (and out of semiconductors).

My love of costuming was reignited when I picked up a set of Gears armor from the guys at Nightmare Armor and saw the fans reaction to it at DragonCon 2010 http://epicgames.com/community/2011/07/marcus-and-anya-cosplay-featuring-preston-thorne/
This last DragonCon I went as Dr. Adam Fenix as well as Joker from Mass Effect with my wife and baby EDI and our Normandy Stroller http://epicgames.com/community/2012/09/epic-games-at-dragoncon-2012-recap/
I've loved getting my kids involved in costuming as well: http://kotaku.com/5957459/epic-kids-are-a-paragon-of-mass-effect-cosplay
And I love helping others to build their armor: http://epicgames.com/community/2012/08/epic-gamers-onyx-guard-cosplay/

I finally decided to join the 405th and get my own Mjolnir armor done now that Halo 4 is focusing so much on Gabriel Thorne (who is obviously a desendant of mine https://twitter.com/weephun/status/269283371870466048 ;)
I'll be working with ka5p3r on that armor.

I'm also currently working on a steampunk Thor, Siri from Infinity Blade, and hope to eventually put together enough skills to pull off a Mass Effect Geth Prime.

It's also great to see there's a good Gears of War costuming group on here as well. Hopefully I can help with that.

Can't wait to work with everyone here. As you can guess with my job and large family I don't have a ton of time for hanging out on forums, but I'll try and be as active as possible.

Name: Pat
Profession: self employed
Favorite Hobby: Experimental Archeology: costuming, historical reenactment
Favorite part of halo: Definitely the humor and realness and the expanded universe
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3 ODST, Mass Effect (series), Batman Arkham (series), Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim
Other Interests: music, hot rods, trucks, hunting, ranching
Favorite Food: slow grilled ribeye with a sweet potato on the side
Favorite Finisher: headshot from a magnum with a zoom
Favorite Band: real country music (not poppy stuff like Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood)
Favorite Movie(s): Appaloosa, Open Range, Boondock Saints, Maverick
Favorite TV(s): Firefly, NCIS, Heartland, Deadwood
Other: Halo Combat Evolved had a profound effect on my life, inspiring me to become something far better than I'd ever imagined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back