Profession: Corrections Officer
Favorite Hobby: I'm a maker so I like making props from movies and video games
Favorite part of Halo: The storyline in the novels and video games
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Rocket League, Sea of Thieves
Favorite Movie(s): MCU, Redline, A Quiet Place
Favorite Food: Pizza

Name: Lee
Profession: Law enforcement helicopter pilot.
Favorite Hobby: Kitesurfing Video Games and cosplaying
Favorite part of halo: The friend it led me too.
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Call of Duty
Other Interests: Photography, video making. Teaching people to fly
Favorite Food: Nachos
Favorite Band: Dire Straits Queen Thin Lizzy Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Empire Strikes back.

Name: Robbyn (preffered) Sarah (legal)
Profession: full time student at the University of Oregon
Favorite Hobby: Video Games & Reading
Favorite part of halo: any co-op with friends
Favorite Halo: 2 remasterd
Favorite Video Game: Overwatch & Alice Madness returns
Other Interests: architectural design, soccer, swimming
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Finisher: Ring out : Soul Calibur
Favorite Band: cant say I have one
Favorite Movie(s): Blade series, Men in Black, Jurassic movies, (sci-fi of any kind)
Other: Halo was the 2nd video game I ever played after Bloody Roar when I was 7.

Hi, I'm Mekhi,
yeah sorry to break the trend. I am a complete beginner and looking to build a Scanner armor (Halo 5) set. I have absolutely no idea how to begin nor the terminology of crafting. Also I don't have much money but what makes me optimistic is I'm going to consider this a project leading into 2019 while I do some other (beginner) cosplays.

Name: Michael Schramm
Profession: None. Still in school
Favorite hobby: Gaming, of course.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach and Combat evolved
Favorite Part of Halo: Definetly the story. It's always interesting how something develops during the campaign.
Favorite Food: Burger and Pizza (always good after some matches)

Hi, Im Charles. A long time halo fan, and new cosplayer. Finished my first set, Mark IV, around october. I enjoy playing video games and blacksmithing. Always looking forward to improve my craft in cosplaying. Planing on making blue team with some friends.

Name: Prema Clayton
Profession: Still in college (aspiring Film Editor)
Hobbies: Video Games, Cosplay, Painting, Crafts, Animal Rescues
Favorite part of halo: The Story Lines
Favorite Halo: hmmmmm.... 1 or 5
Favorite Video Game(s): Halo (all), Assassins Creed, Overwatch
Other Interests: Enjoy dancing at times, having a good cup of hot chocolate
Favorite Food: Biryani (Indian Dish)
Favorite Finisher: None that I can think of
Favorite Band: Meat Loaf, P!nk, Kiss
Favorite Movie(s): Last Samurai, Black Panther, Avatar, Warcraft
Other: Battle.net Tag - PremaC#1641

Hi, I'm Mekhi,
yeah sorry to break the trend. I am a complete beginner and looking to build a Scanner armor (Halo 5) set. I have absolutely no idea how to begin nor the terminology of crafting. Also I don't have much money but what makes me optimistic is I'm going to consider this a project leading into 2019 while I do some other (beginner) cosplays.
Head over to the Armory and you can find the files necessary to get started. Also if you are looking for a finished Scanner Helmet Kit, Beaver Creek Proving Grounds offers this helmet.

My name is Dylan! And I'm new to making my own cosplay and I work with foam! I am trying to find templates but I can's seem to find any! Can you help?

Hi Dylan, my name is Lucas :)
Yeah, I started on a good ODST template a while ago, there are a few inaccuracies that are easy to fix or add on if you are confident with a knife and foam, but overall it has been really good to begin with.
How To: Reach ODST Fan Webseries
This guide has 2 sizes of templates.
The creator of the templates and guide has an entire youtube channel playlist where he goes through and makes it along side you, and gives tips and advice. All his videos are very useful.
Hopefully this is the kind of thing you are looking for! I am almost done it, and can share pictures if youre interested in other peoples custom results and changes.
Cheers!

Hi Dylan, my name is Lucas :)
Yeah, I started on a good ODST template a while ago, there are a few inaccuracies that are easy to fix or add on if you are confident with a knife and foam, but overall it has been really good to begin with.
How To: Reach ODST Fan Webseries
This guide has 2 sizes of templates.
The creator of the templates and guide has an entire youtube channel playlist where he goes through and makes it along side you, and gives tips and advice. All his videos are very useful.
Hopefully this is the kind of thing you are looking for! I am almost done it, and can share pictures if youre interested in other peoples custom results and changes.
Cheers!

Hey Lucas! I would appreciate to see the work you have done. I dont know much about foam craft other than a big foam and fur hood I made in 2016 for a fallout cosplay so any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

I am unsure how to delete a forum message, so this is a placeholder for now.
Dylan, I directly replied with the pictures for you.

Hey Lucas! I would appreciate to see the work you have done. I dont know much about foam craft other than a big foam and fur hood I made in 2016 for a fallout cosplay so any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

I will attach a couple broad pictures of the various pieces. I like odst as it doesnt require as much body coverage by armour as a full spartan. The helmet is the worst quality one so far, since I made it just to test the template with crappy scissors and rough cuts, and minimal heating to bend and mold it...and even then it still looks pretty decent up close. (I will probably make a better version)
The second pic has all the random custom parts I sort of just eyeballed for myself, to round off the costume accuracy.
There is still some work that needs to go into the suit, but the basic paint job is done now as you will see.
All in all, a pretty useful template set. Well worth the money and time imo. I am happy to take more pictures or different angles if you want more detail.
View attachment 256053 View attachment 256054

I will attach a couple broad pictures of the various pieces. I like odst as it doesnt require as much body coverage by armour as a full spartan. The helmet is the worst quality one so far, since I made it just to test the template with crappy scissors and rough cuts, and minimal heating to bend and mold it...and even then it still looks pretty decent up close. (I will probably make a better version)
The second pic has all the random custom parts I sort of just eyeballed for myself, to round off the costume accuracy.
There is still some work that needs to go into the suit, but the basic paint job is done now as you will see.
All in all, a pretty useful template set. Well worth the money and time imo. I am happy to take more pictures or different angles if you want more detail.
View attachment 256053 View attachment 256054

Sorry, I'm doing all this on mobile and it's proving to be a nightmare. Here you go:

20180607_213648.jpg
20180607_214442.jpg

I had an account for WillSandler66 and it wont let me log in anymore cant access my password and the forum cant find my account so here is my new one hopefully it works out lol.

Name: Alex
Xbox GT: negativecacti
Profession: oil change (not exciting)
Favorite Hobby: prop making, playing games with friends
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo (duh)
Favorite Cartoon: Adventure Time
Favorite Anime: Sword Art Online
Random Facts: I was in the army for 4 years playing with tanks and did a 25 mile ruck March

Name: Josh
Profession: Sign maker
Hobbies: video games, cosplay
Favorite part of halo: everything
Favorite Halo: all of them are great in different ways
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Gears, Forza Horizon
Other Interests: Heavy Metal, fishing
Favorite Food: Anything homemade
Favorite Band: Iron Maiden
Favorite Movie:I'll say a genre, Sci fi

So I've made a bunch of costumes but until now, have yet to jump into a Halo costume, also I have floated around this site for awhile and
learned a lot but I've never made a build post to document any costume before, that changes this year. I just wanted to say thank you to
everyone on the 405th, you are all wonderful teachers and I can't wait to begin my Halo costume and share what I have learned.

Name: Mischa "Silvermoon" Drohmann
Profession: Car mechanik
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, crafting, my kittys and sooooo many many, many more!
Favorite part of Halo: I love it all!
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo the complete series and borderlands
Other Interests: Musik, and designing things and creating Blueorints
Favorite Food: Asian (sushi, ramen and so on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back