Iron Man: Armored Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaideR6672

**UPDATE** This project has now been turned over to BlackKaos. I look forward to seeing what can do! **UPDATE**

Hello Everyone!

I have been hanging around the forums now for about 4 months trying to learn as much as I could before I started posting.

I have started building my Iron Man Mark VI armor, but came across the new show Iron Man: Armored Adventures. I thought it would be cool to build an armor like that, but I could not find anyone who had started anything of the sort.

I have recently gotten into 3D Modeling (going on 4 days now) and tried my best at creating the 3D file of the helmet for unfolding. I want to know what everyone thinks, and see if anyone is willing to take a crack at unfolding and even building the helmet.

http://www.4shared.com/file/R8DCfHWj/IMAA_Helmet__Final_.html

Here are some pictures:
Screenshot2011-02-13at105034AM.png

Screenshot2011-02-13at104834AM.png

I'm gonna be honest, when I saw the "going on 4 days" part, I was a little iffy... And then I scrolled down. lol.

Very nice model there, and looks like it would make an easy pep. (I'm no good at unfolding so I wouldn't be sure on the actual difficulty lol)

Funny thing is... just the other day I was wondering about an IM:AA suit... Will deff be following this. :)

Good luck, And welcome. :)

Haha! I figured I would get that sort of reaction. I have found that Blender is pretty easy to use (and free) and there are some really good tutorials online to help with learning the basics. I know my modeling skills aren't as great as Robo3687, Sharkmark, or Dancin_Fool (and being a noob, I'm not about to go asking any of them to model anything), but I still thought it was worth the try. The hard part is, there aren't any good reference photos online. The ones that do show a profile, or straight on shot are very low quality. You almost have to resort to watching every episode of the show to find the right shot.

If anyone has any better reference photos, I wouldn't mind making some adjustments, or even start trying to model the rest of the armor.

Looking awesome! Iron man is definitely more diffucult than most armors, at least from my experience. I really like those models. They look really good. Can't wait to see more progress!

Well, I've made some tweeks and mirrored the shoulders, added a brace, and the neck. I don't have any reference pictures for the back, so I'm a bit in the dark.

Screenshot2011-02-15at124257PM.png

Another quick update: Modeled the front of the abs and the sides. I still don't have a reference picture for the back, so I can't do anything about the back yet. If anyone has a ref pic of the back, please post it.

Screenshot2011-02-16at110656AM.png

Screenshot2011-02-16at110733AM.png

Thanks dsbass09 and fat-hi555 for the back reference. I found some other shots in the same video clip that will help with the back and other portions of the armor.

Thanks to the reference photo, I was able to finish the cod piece. I have started to learn some new things with modeling thanks to the stickies that are posted. I have gone back and remodeled the neck, chest, and helmet (sorry fat-hi555, I just realized you had just unfolded my first modeling of the helmet). The helmet was in some serious need of help.

I also found out how to apply a different texture to different parts of the same object, so you can see the faceplate better.

Here are pics of all of the pieces I have modeled so far:

Screenshot2011-02-16at35741PM.png

Helmet
Screenshot2011-02-16at35801PM.png

Screenshot2011-02-16at35811PM.png

Neck
Screenshot2011-02-16at31105PM.png

Screenshot2011-02-16at31018PM.png

Shoulders
Screenshot2011-02-16at35844PM.png

Brace
Screenshot2011-02-16at40001PM.png

Chest
Screenshot2011-02-16at35918PM.png

Abs & Sides
Screenshot2011-02-16at40037PM.png

Cod
Screenshot2011-02-16at31132PM.png

Screenshot2011-02-16at31148PM.png

Looks pretty good. Glad I could help. By the way, how did you take that pic off youtube? I tried but couldn't get it.

Looks pretty good. Glad I could help. By the way, how did you take that pic off youtube? I tried but couldn't get it.

I'm actually doing everything on a Mac, and there is a screen shot function that comes in handy. I'm sure there's stuff out there for Windows machines that will allow you to do the same thing, or you can try "Print Screen" and then doing a CTRL+V in a Word document or Photoshop and see if that works.

I'm actually doing everything on a Mac, and there is a screen shot function that comes in handy. I'm sure there's stuff out there for Windows machines that will allow you to do the same thing, or you can try "Print Screen" and then doing a CTRL+V in a Word document or Photoshop and see if that works.

Yeah I tried all that stuff and it copied everything on the page but the screen lol. Must be a problem with the coding for the video and my computer.

Can't wait to see more work done!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm having a hard time getting to modeling anymore. Does anyone want to take over on this project? If you are interested PM me.

is the iron man armored adventure pepakura ready

i have question if the full iron man armored adventures armor ready for everybody

i have question if the full iron man armored adventures armor ready for everybody

This thread has been dead for over a year. Please do not post in threads that have not been updated in over 4 months or do. If you want to know something, use the search bar, or pm the original poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back