Ironman Mark V Foldable Foam Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is looking good. Glad to see the earlier set back with stuff coming apart didn't keep you from completing this. Keep up the good work.

My gf works the late shift at Taco bell, so I have to stay up to wait for her (it's fine though, my schedule's been all jacked this semester anyways, I don't have class till noon at the earliest). Anyways, to pass the time I've been burning the midnight oil, and blew through the entire cod arrangement. Unfortunately, while the plates do move if I had secured them to my thighs they would have torn apart when I went to crouch, and I seek to maintain as much mobility as I can while wearing this thing since it covers so much of me and will inherently restrict mobility.

Anyways I've finished the ass:
6rVbcRK.jpg

And here's the front, with the legs arbitrarily folded into it
1ddHQlA.jpg

It's worth noting that this is how they naturally fold just from gravity and disassembly, so I can probably get a bit more compression with some precision part placement. Here's how they lay currently though
So57lZp.jpg

And how the whole arrangement looks outstretched:
eskbs9N.jpg

It mostly fits, just some slight cutting and filling to do around the G string so that it doesn't get in the way of my legs as I move, and my natural movement won't tear it apart (can't have that) Also I did a test fit to ensure the knees came to the proper height on me before work began, rather than waste time later rerigging everything:
aiXzTI4.jpg

So hopefully I'll soon have the shins done (lot of magnet work to redo on them) and then I can fill in the missing plates, complete the rigging, and add soles to the feet so I don't get stabbed by rocks as I walk.

So, I had a bit of a brainwave the other day and decided that, rather than continuing onto the shins, while it was on my mind I'd make some proper hands.

I've been more than a little irritated with my previous attempts:
PCSSXl.jpg

The original palm
vaHs3l.jpg

My second attempt to fix it up closer to me reference:
F0e5y7U.jpg

So finally I said "**** it" and decided to redo the palm from the ground up, instead of just creating another palm to attach over my hand piece.
6lsfWoL.jpg

Also I rerigged the palm too, so that as you can see:
pXLADK7.jpg

from closed
321kDAG.jpg

to open
mLzHUjz.jpg

The plates move

so now I need to remake the right hand, then I'll be ready to fix up the shins and I should be all done with the suit itself. As it is the suit folds up pretty nicely, and inside the suitcase to carry it in it should work perfectly.
ZbRvxh7.jpg

znzUQSH.jpg

And it's worth noting that that's the whole suit. Arms to thighs, and the helmet in the chest, folded up into that. Not exactly as small as tony stark but then again mine is constrained by physics and reality. damn reality.

So at last, my suit is wearable. And after so long, I couldn't wait to try it on, despite it not being painted...
h74DFk1.jpg

Classic Stark
3bTSNY5.jpg

My now Assed Chaps...very colorful, so maybe I've only made it look a bit more like I belonged in magic mike...
w5OXSuF.jpg

And of course, what would ironman armor be if it didn't...
Qi4dAsn.jpg

Glow
VaC9Dpl.jpg

dude this is awesome. Even with it not fully painted it is way cool. The arc reactor and helmet lights look epic in the dark!

Looks good. :cool
Now slap some paint on that bad boy so we can see how this master piece looks. :D
Keep up the awesome work.

I have to say, it's incredible motivation to see how many people appreciate this log :p Thanks so much for all the kind words.

out of curiosity, are you going to make the hands switchable, or on all the time?

I'm going low tech with the palms, using bike handlebar lights that are contact activated. It means I'll have to transmute to activate them, but it also keeps the hands simple (considering how complex they are already, it's quite a network of elastic tendons in there)

Also, I feel a bit silly but I forgot to alter the faceplate brow, so I'm gonna do that before painting. As far as painting goes, I've gotta wait and see if I can get some spare cash for the spray paint since I'm basically broke right now. Mercifully I still have my wood glue, so I should be able to seal it with some hardwork and dedication, and that'll give it a far nicer paint finish than what it has now.

Its not considered necro if you are adding awesome pics lol. at least thats how i feel :p
Pics look great, the suit really turned out awesome! Great job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back