Issues with your Silhouette Cameo after recent software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekGuardianDee

Jr Member
My Cameo is acting up during the cut phase of working with my pepakura files. I have a feeling that the update to the software (to 3.3.437ss) is what is causing the problem. I have put in a support request with Silhouette directly, but thought I'd see if any of you were having difficulties too.

The issue I am having only occurs when I select the black (cut) lines to cut. When I send the cut settings to the Cameo and the cutting begins the blade starts the cut at the top left corner and cuts to each point in my project. The blade then cuts back and forth about 4 times, pulling up the paper and cutting right through my mat. I have tried to adjust the various cut settings and performed a number of test cuts, but the issue keeps on happening.

Are any of you having this issue?

I've heard that the new software update to the cameo has bugs and is creating problems. Other than the problem you are having, there are users experiencing the cameo cutting out triangles over their other pieces.
On facebook, there is a group called "Silhouette Cameo Pepakura Vault". They share a lot of info about the cameo.

My suggestion would be to try and revert to the last software update.

Yeah the advice on the Facebook group was also to revert to 3.1. Hopefully it will work out.

Thanks for sending me the link to that group.

Well I uninstalled and re-installed 3.1.417. AND IT WORKS!!!!! It took me a fair bit of time to find a download for the 3.1.417 version, but I am glad I stuck with it and found it.

Not questioning whether you're having problems, but I'm on 3.3.437ss and just got done cutting out my Mk VI hand plates without any issues, so the problems you're having may not necessarily be related strictly to the software version.

Edit: Well, I guess 3.3.437ss is indeed garbage. I just tried cutting another page and the black cut lines are screwed up as you describe. I find myself very often wondering whether any of the programmers at Silhouette America even bother testing their code before releasing it for download. I've added my voice to their support channel, which is probably receiving a lot of complaints recently. Fortunately, reverting to 3.1.417ss was a breeze due to Apple's Time Machine automatic back archiving. I was able to pull my last installed version of the application and make it current.

I actually have the same issue too!

I send the cameo cut directions and it just keeps cutting lines at the top.
I have all the latest Cameo software on my devices. The cutting nowhere besides my desktop computer.

Its unusual because my mac and dell computer refuses to do it while my desktop works just fine... I hope they fix it quite soon! :(
~Dystorted Props~

I actually have the same issue too!

I send the cameo cut directions and it just keeps cutting lines at the top.
I have all the latest Cameo software on my devices. The cutting nowhere besides my desktop computer.

Its unusual because my mac and dell computer refuses to do it while my desktop works just fine... I hope they fix it quite soon! :(
~Dystorted Props~

While I certainly hope they do find a fix for this issue I won't hold my breath, as the communication I had with the silhouette support team instructed me that the problems that I was experiencing was "out of their control".

I think they don't want to take ownership for it because then they might have to reimburse us all for the cutting mats that got trashed.

Oh well, at least I managed to get it working on my own and am happily back to cutting my pepakura pieces.

Dee

Holding your breath until Silhouette America admits to a fault with their software would have you turning purple in the face....

Simly turning purple in the face? you're not gonna make it...its the worse customer service ive encountered.

There is finally a workaround from Silhouette America for the diagonal cutting from 0:0 issue, at least for the sketch pens. Product development has finally acknowledged a divide by zero bug in their code which is causing the problem. I've heard the workaround resolves the problem, but I want to test it out personally before I go making any announcements on how to fix this. Now that Silhouette America has found (and admitted!) the problem is in their software, hopefully an update will be available soon on their web site so the workaround isn't needed. I'll let you know after I've confirmed that it works.

I just bought a Cameo so I'm so glad to find others here that use it! I've not done much more than take it out of the box. I'm hoping this weekend to give it a whirl. I bought it mostly to cut fabric but a definite bonus was the ability to use it with Pep files. I'll have to have a look and see what version of software came with it. Thanks for the heads up!

Okay, I tested out the workaround from Silhouette America on the sketch pens issue with version 3 of Silhouette Studio and it works. (And I haven't experienced any issues at all yet with cutting in version 3.) To get the sketch pens working correctly, select the "Cardstock" preset instead of the "Silhouette Sketch Pen" preset under Cut Settings. Keep the Blade Type setting at "Ratchet Blade" instead of "Sketch Pen". The speed and thickness values can be whatever you want for the intended result. (The default speed of 3 and thickness of 33 works well.) The ratchet blade setting uses a different tracing algorithm than the sketch pen setting and isn't affected by the divide by zero error.

Edit: Just noticed version 3.3.622 was released today at their web site, so I'll be testing out that new version this week. Maybe they've finally got some of the bugs fixed!

Thanks for the update!

I am so glad i found this this same problem has been driving me nuts for weeks. This should help i hope.

- - - Updated - - -

were can i get v 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back