Jerome 092 foam armor

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by Cactus117, May 21, 2018.

1. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Hi !

I'm going to start my second foam armor, Spartan Jerome from Halo Wars 2. I downloaded the files of the MkIV armor to help me creating my own templates. I think I will make the torso first, which is ,in my opinion, the hardest part. More info soon. :)

250px-HW2_Jerome-092_(render).png

2. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

3. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

Cactus117 that is some nice foam work. how high detail are you planning to go?

Cactus117 likes this.
  4. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Thanks Lieutenant, I will make a high detailing I guess.

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  5. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

More torso pics incoming !

torse wip 1 T.jpg

torse wip 2 T.jpg

Frogn, xXDashIVXx, PaiganBoi and 5 others like this.
  6. Inspiredscot

Inspiredscot New Member

That is some nice foam work sir. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build

Cactus117 likes this.
  7. BlazedStarbon

BlazedStarbon RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Very nice and clean foam work! Keep it up :D

Cactus117 likes this.
  8. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Thanks for your comments Inspiredscot and BlazedStarbon :D I'm a bit slow, I only work on weekends on the cosplay... but the torso is almost done, I just need to add the details with craft foam !

torse wip 3 t.jpg

torse wip 4 t.jpg

torse wip 5 t.jpg

torse wip 6 t.jpg

Frogn, xXDashIVXx, Dirtdives and 3 others like this.
  9. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Looking very, very great, man! Superb job! I am way impressed by what I'm seeing here.

Cactus117 and Dirtdives like this.
  10. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Thanks Sean ! Some parts are a bit failed so I'm gonna try to "save" these at the sanding step.
    The torso is now finished, I'm moving on the helmet now. :)

torse fin 1.jpg
    torse fin 2.jpg
    torse fin 3.jpg
    torse fin 4.jpg

11. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

The helmet is almost done, and I think that it fits :)
    csq wip 1.jpg
    csq wip 2.jpg
    csq wip 3.jpg

12. Sean Anwalt

Looking really good, man. Keep up the good work!

13. pipninja

pipninja Active Member

Your foam work is really clean :D looks great, can't wait to see how this turns out!

14. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Thanks Sean and Ninja, I try to make clean work but I still need a lot of practice. Unfortunately, the helmet is too big, I'm gonna restart it tommorow. :(

15. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

I can sympathize w/ your predicament. I've had my fair share of mis-sized helmets.

Cactus117 likes this.
  16. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

I remember what happened to you, you made something like 4 or 5 tries. I did another test but this was too small, I think this time with a 230 mm width and a 255 mm height it should fit.

Dirtdives likes this.
  17. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

Lets not go there......painful trip down helmet memory lane..........But good luck on your build. From your build thus far, your foam-smithing is pretty dam good.

18. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

It was 8. (Duke says as he kicks Dirt down the lane) But the important thing is that he finished. :)

Your foam skills are pretty great! I hope I can get up to that level soon. I think it will take a few test pieces though.

BTW, you qualify to join a regiment if you would like. You can just post here asking to join one (we'll need to know your location)

19. Sean Anwalt

*Crosses fingers* Please be mountain, please be mountain, please be mountain!!!

20. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

20180728_204155.jpg 20180728_204106.jpg 20180728_204116.jpg 20180728_204211.jpg Wow thanks, I really appreciate :) I will ask for the European regiment.
    I almost finished the second helmet, it's the right size this time but I think I made it a bit asymetrical, I'll try to upgrade that one but later, I don't want to make another helmet...

21. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Do you guys have any idea about how I can stabilize the left side where it's going a bit to the outside ?

22. Sean Anwalt

I'm not sure I understand the question. What part is going a bit to the outside?

23. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

On the right side of the front picture of the helmet, the little part made with white foam is not parallel to the line which is on the upper part of the helmet.
    I'm afraid that if I let it that way, it's could be very annoying when I will glue the visor, after the wood glue and paint steps.

24. Sean Anwalt

Well, whatever you do, don't seal anything yet. If it's the piece I'm thinking about, the little part in the corner for the visor, correct? You might be able to hit it with some heat, or a support like a Popsicle stick or something to support it from the inside. You might need to separate it from the bottom and realign it, or in a worst case scenario you may have to redo the whole stupid part! But in my opinion it isn't as bad as I feel like you think it is.

Cactus117 likes this.
  25. Cactus117

Cactus117 Member

Thanks Sean for your quick answer ! :) I will try the popsicle thing and if I don't manage to get it right, I'm gonna do again that little part.