Props Jf140's Metal M6g Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoFett140

So i was planning on making a M6g using Wizards cad files on a CNC machine at school.......well long story short after 2 quarters of overhauling my school's and or rival school's CNC machines........nobody knew how to do some of the stuff with mastercam. so....... due to the high level of detail and lack of knowledge...i postponed that plan. Inspired by Lee to build from wood I started makin plans for that, then took it further and was gonna add metal to the outside. I desided that wasnt enough and went mostly metal. some part will still be a wood base with aluminum layered on. either for weight or functionability. the metal parts are 16 gauge steel. i plan on a working mag, slide, trigger and laser pointer based on Lee's M6g. progress is slow cause i only get about 30-40 min a day to work on it. ill keep going and working on it even after schools done cause my teacher loves me. (ive had him for like 5 classes in 2 years.) sorry the pixs arnt the best. my camera sucks so right now my dare takes better pixs. tell me what you think.

wood base
[attachment=9166:0430091809.jpg]
[attachment=9169:0430091808.jpg]
grip side plate
[attachment=9167:0430091808b.jpg]
mag (hope to finish tomorrow
[attachment=9168:0430091808a.jpg]

Man that is awesome! I'm glad you liked my build and it will be interseting to see it made out of metal!

Keep up the great work! (y)

This is going to be an interesting build to watch. It looks like you've got a good start.

Thank gawd for attachments. I could actually see the pics here at work :lol:

Lookin' real good so far, JF. I think it's kewl someone's taking a step further and using metal for the build. I'm not surprised you were inspired by Lee's work btw, lol. Who wouldn't be? ;)

From what I can see in Pic # 02, the mag may be a little too wide to fit the grip though. I could be wrong, of course (been known to happen before, lol)

SPARTAN II said:
Thank gawd for attachments. I could actually see the pics here at work :lol:

Lookin' real good so far, JF. I think it's kewl someone's taking a step further and using metal for the build. I'm not surprised you were inspired by Lee's work btw, lol. Who wouldn't be? ;)

From what I can see in Pic # 02, the mag may be a little too wide to fit the grip though. I could be wrong, of course (been known to happen before, lol)

thanks eveyone!!! as for the attachments i know im going to be getting on at school so i can see em to. it says you have a 4.4mb limit or something for the attachments....but anytime i go to reply or anything it says im at 3.5mb is this a total for the whole site or is my comp glitching and i still have 4.4 per post??
as for the mag the grip gets a bit wider so if fits. i dont have the front and back on which are curved. everything is traced of the blueprints so..... it should all hopefully line up
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, each member is given only 4.88MB of storage space for attachments.

If when you go into the "Manage Your Attachments" control screen in your profile and it's telling you 3.5MB of storage has been used, that's what you've personally used so far of your allotment of the site's storage capacity.

That leaves you with 1.38MB for storage.

I've used maybe half of my attachment storage (at about 2.55MB), just for posting the downloadable PDF files for my SR schematics. I don't use that storage for anything else.

Like I've seen many others do (myself included), it's usually best to get a Photobucket or Imageshack account online. Only take a couple minutes to set up, and they're free to use. I'd strongly suggest doing that.

Whenever I need to post a pic, I'll upload it to my Imageshack page, then copy/paste the direct link URL from there into a link in my posts here.

That way, people can click on it and still see it, and it doesn't unnecessarily use up any 405th storage space. Which is very limited to begin with.

As for the mag, that's good to know. I mean, obviously you haven't gotten the grip assembled, so it's probably just because it's in pieces it looks like it won't fit. I figured you might be curving/rounding the front and back pieces for that. Once you've got that put together, I'm sure it'll be just fine :cool:

I have a photobucket accout and normally use it for my pics but I wanted to do these as attachments so I could see empty at school cause I was lazy last night. Should have the mag done tonight and maybe the grip

SPARTAN II said:

Now come on, do you expect us to believe that?

Malechei said:

What? You don't think I've ever been mistaken about something before? There have been many occasions when I was just downright wrong about something (was sometimes embarrassing, too).

I might be a perfectionist when it comes to my HALO props or schematics, but I myself am not "perfect" :lol:

SPARTAN II said:
What? You don't think I've ever been mistaken about something before? There have been many occasions when I was just downright wrong about something (was sometimes embarrassing, too).

I might be a perfectionist when it comes to my HALO props or schematics, but I myself am not "perfect" :lol:

I could never do that... you know, admit to not being perfect. It would be heresy.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I like how this is looking. Keep up the good work.

Malechei said:

i never would have if he hadn't said anything.... on my way to school right now to work on it

Nice work. May want to check with local cops or something and make sure your clear that your not doing anything illegal. Being a metal prop, it walks the line on what is a replica and what is an actual weapon. Cops might object to having a functional metal "prop", assuming you follow Lee's example and have working action on it especially. And clear it with the school board if your doing the work at school, or you may get it finished only to have some over eager teacher or student turn you in thinking your going to shoot up the school or something.

Wow, can't wait to see the finished product! I agree with Geijin tho, you might not want to go flashing that around the local neighbourhood.

Geijin said:
Nice work. May want to check with local cops or something and make sure your clear that your not doing anything illegal. Being a metal prop, it walks the line on what is a replica and what is an actual weapon. Cops might object to having a functional metal "prop", assuming you follow Lee's example and have working action on it especially. And clear it with the school board if your doing the work at school, or you may get it finished only to have some over eager teacher or student turn you in thinking your going to shoot up the school or something.
spookyshadow said:
Wow, can't wait to see the finished product! I agree with Geijin tho, you might not want to go flashing that around the local neighbourhood.
Sorry about the delay in response i was gonna all day saturday with my power drive race and work and yesterday had alot of catchup to do at home. Im planning on paint a orange ring on the end of the surpressur to comply with con rules. I will only have it on me when Im in my armor so im not to worried but I will look into it more. We wander around with airsoft guns in our neighborhoods all the time so im not to worried since this will be keep in my room when not at cons. As for the school my teacher knows about it and is cool with it. He was gonna help me CnC but as stated that didnt work so said i could do this instead. I keep it all in a box hidden in his cabinets so no one else will find it.

As for progress i made some but not much friday, were here till 11:30pm trying to finish the power drive car and then had to be back by 6am to load up. i now only kinda have a voice as testiment....but we made it throught the race, did 16 laps all with an untested car. it was made possible by love and ducttape....our other car took first in braking with 9' average and completed 17 laps. so we were quite pleased

Ill post pictures tonight of what i got done friday and today.
0504091327.jpg

heres the grip with one side on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back