Jim Raynor armor (finalized build for Blizzcon 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Hi everybody. i've lurked around here as I was building this Raynor Terran Marine armor but never posted. This is my first armor build and while I'm fairly happy with the result I do plan on iterating on it over the next year as the chest and shoulders were rushed to make the Blizzcon deadline (we literally finished first fitting and then packed the car for the 2100 mile drive.) And there is more electronics work I want to do.

First a nice casual shot (and a link to the Google+ gallery)

IMG_0103.JPG

View all the photos here: Google+ Gallery

My biggest concerns during my build were scale and range of motion. I was really surprised at how well I could walk and pose the lower half of my body in this suit especially compared to previous builds using the same files.

I'll be honest, I had a much longer post written that was, apparently, eaten by the ether. I wrote it while I sat in the lobby of my hotel in Anaheim. I'll likely re-write it later but I just got back home from the trip. I at least wanted to get the photos up and get something up about my build in a community that might be able to help me improve it.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 276
I have waited too long to see a finished SC suit, and what a great one I have finally found! It seems that the mobility wasn't a problem, which was the main problem id seen with these bulky suits. Can't wait to see what you can add onto this with a full year ahead

Very very awesome! I recently printed out an SCV and was sorely disappointed with how few people recognized it.

I really like it! Next up the gun?

Very very awesome! I recently printed out an SCV and was sorely disappointed with how few people recognized it.

I really like it! Next up the gun?

Next up is probably going to be to raise the chest and work on a arduino-powered visor, increase the scale of the shoes, add upper arms, build resin-cast glove armor and (as the chest will be raised) work on some torso details. I originally foamed in my codpiece and rear for standing and sitting.

If I do a gun after all of that it will likely be Raynor's sidearm and I'll build a leather holster to attach to the right thigh armor as in the Raynor statue Blizzard had commissioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back