Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just hard to bondo the area where the shin meets the knee. It also became problematic when I rondo'd the inside due to weight issues. It might work better to use fiberglass cloth there instead. I'll probably do some experimentation on my next one if I don't mold this one and just make a second one since they are unidirectional.

Wow..... I'm speechless

This has to be the most awesome model ever built! If only I could Get my PC up and running..

Oh well, at least i can get quite a lot done on the handplates. I think I will throw up a WIP as soon as my PC is working again.

EDIT: Separating the kneeplate and the shin sounds like a good idea.

nice job AceHigh but umm i can't find a4 paper can someone make letter i could myself but then again i don't have full pep and that would be a waste of time.

Wow! Really great work! :D

Give me a couple of months to sort stuff out and I'll start building this ;)

EDIT: Just a quick heads up: The 'cover unfold' is the OBJ file, not the PDO file ;)

Rock said:
It was just hard to bondo the area where the shin meets the knee. It also became problematic when I rondo'd the inside due to weight issues. It might work better to use fiberglass cloth there instead. I'll probably do some experimentation on my next one if I don't mold this one and just make a second one since they are unidirectional.

Ah, I see. I might make a second version with the knee cap removed then. Thanks for the tip.

Chrissern said:
Wow..... I'm speechless

This has to be the most awesome model ever built! If only I could Get my PC up and running..

Oh well, at least i can get quite a lot done on the handplates. I think I will throw up a WIP as soon as my PC is working again.

EDIT: Separating the kneeplate and the shin sounds like a good idea.

Thanks friend. By the way, I know you want to do your own unfolds, but would it be alright for you to just undo the unfolds as they are and make your own? Or do you want the obj files?

zabicvamic said:
nice job AceHigh but umm i can't find a4 paper can someone make letter i could myself but then again i don't have full pep and that would be a waste of time.

Thanks. I do all my unfolding in A4 unfortunately, as that is what I roll with. I probably won't be making any letter unfolds, as people will need to rearrange the parts when scaling differently anyway.

=Ω24= Leyton said:
Wow! Really great work! :D

Give me a couple of months to sort stuff out and I'll start building this ;)

EDIT: Just a quick heads up: The 'cover unfold' is the OBJ file, not the PDO file ;)

Ooops, thanks for the heads up. :lol I keep all the gun files in one spot, so I must've picked the wrong one when uploading it. Guess a pdo folder wouldn't be bad... I have updated the link with the pdo, and this time it should be the right one... ;)

The files will remain, so you can have all the time you'd like. :pI'm just happy you like my stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm a bit curious as to how one would attach the kneecap part to the rest of the costume if it was not attached to the shin.. Velcro doesn't seem strong enough to keep it there seeing as it will be in an area that is constantly bending. haha funny how it doesn't matter how many costumes you make, as soon as you run into a different method to use, you instantly want to ask the noob questions again haha

Outlaw-Tiger said:
i'm a bit curious as to how one would attach the kneecap part to the rest of the costume if it was not attached to the shin.. Velcro doesn't seem strong enough to keep it there seeing as it will be in an area that is constantly bending. haha funny how it doesn't matter how many costumes you make, as soon as you run into a different method to use, you instantly want to ask the noob questions again haha

While I'm a total noob myself, I believe the easiest would be to reattach it to the shin in post production so to speak. You could probably make a pretty strong bond by laying fibreglass across the seem between the kneecap and shin, basically the way it would be attached in the first place if you never cut it off (given that you used fibreglass). That way, you could bondo it separately, but still have it attached to the shin in the final piece.

You would just have to make an L shaped brace for it. It would be invisible from the outside but keep it where it was supposed to be. You could try attaching with fiberglass or get some strong epoxy or use screws/bolts.

Got my first boot cover done, still working on the shin.

IMG_2450.jpg

I don't really need the obj when I think about it..

My computer is really fighting me, but at least i now have the time to perfect the handplates which have been rondoed and gone through the first sanding.

has anyone worked out thescaling for the chest? i was going to go by the width or depth some supports for it would be great too

kasper said:
has anyone worked out thescaling for the chest? i was going to go by the width or depth some supports for it would be great too

For mine, I looked at a pic of Jorge and worked out you'd probably have to set the height from just above your ear to about your mid-stomach belly button region ;)

EDIT: I'm about 6 foot and mine was scaled to 592mm in height if that's any help (Scale 0.894680)

kasper said:

Someone need to tell me where to put them if supports are to be added, I've never done pep before, so I don't really know what the best strategy for supports is.

Rock said:
That's a big barrel...

It's a big gun! :lol From end to end it's 1550 mm long, about 5'2" I think.

Let me know if you run out of things to pep, I haven't been unfolding much lately. I got fed up with cutting, so I've ordered a CraftRobo that should arrive early next week. When it does, I'll have major incentive to unfold again though. :)

DYSTORTED INC said:
you will be suprised at the amount of motivation you have when you don't have to cut all that paper. ;)

Oh, I'm so hoping! I need to get more cardstock, I only have like 150 sheets left. :lol If I'm lucky, the CraftRobo will be arriving tomorrow.

unheared said:
so has the helmet and gun pdo files be released ?

The helmet hasn't been released, I'm working on it, but it's taking its sweet time... The gun is partially released, check the first post, I got four parts out of seven total up. As soon as the other parts are unfolded I'll post them too.

Rock said:
Yeah I finished the gun parts but it is your project so I'm not really rushing you along.

Cool, I just really want this made. Loved the pic of you with just the barrel, so I do wanna get it finished. :)

AceHigh said:
The helmet hasn't been released, I'm working on it, but it's taking its sweet time... The gun is partially released, check the first post, I got four parts out of seven total up. As soon as the other parts are unfolded I'll post them too.

Cool, I just really want this made. Loved the pic of you with just the barrel, so I do wanna get it finished. :)

thank you,

I will wait till then,

this topic is looking great cant wait to see more.

1550 mm 0.o Thats huge..

I can't wait to see my neighbours face when i take it out in the garage to strenghten it... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back