Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a mix of Reach and Mark VI. i was going to use the shoulder caps on the left side from this guy and the neck piece. are they unfolded?

ratchet_fan said:
I am doing a mix of Reach and Mark VI. i was going to use the shoulder caps on the left side from this guy and the neck piece. are they unfolded?

by neck piece i'm assuming you mean that big neck guard that is on jorge's left side ? if so, its attached to the chest/back piece, which IS unfolded (and can be found in the first comment of the thread)... the shoulders... i don't THINK those are unfolded yet... not jorge's anyway

and may i just add that that is one SEXY lookin helmet you have going there acehigh haha. and that will for sure not be a piece i video tape myself pepping ;) haha. i can't wait to get my hands on that unfolded file though :)

O.T.

Last edited by a moderator:
The helmet looks great! :D

I'm really looking forward to the unfold of the helmet and the shoulders. :)

BTW, have you done anything worth showing on the shoulders yet?

ratchet_fan said:

Not yet. I've made a non unfolded version available in the first post though.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
and may i just add that that is one SEXY lookin helmet you have going there acehigh haha.

I'm quite new to the game, but is it really healthy being turned on by a helmet..? I know I'm not...

...okay, just a little then... :unsure

Chrissern said:
BTW, have you done anything worth showing on the shoulders yet?

I haven't got the slightest what you're talking about here. The shoulders are done, just need to trim away a lot of the unneccessary vertices. Too bad I learned how to do that AFTER I made all my models. :lol Anyway, if the video in the first post isn't enough to show off the shoulders, I put them in a pic too.

Shoulders.jpg

I have added ununfolded (ehhm...) pdo files of the helmet and shoulders in the first post, just if someone can't wait until I'm done unfolding them. The shoulders will be updated later with the unwanted vertices cleaned away for easy cuts in pep designer, but right now there are a lot of small edges that might be difficult to work with the knife tool. Just so you know... Helmet should be good though, don't think I can clean any more vertices on it.

Great work acehigh congratulations with your jorge armor

I got one question: do you have the right thigh unfolded??

because I see you only unfold the left thigh or I am wrong??

Tuckerx052 said:
Great work acehigh congratulations with your jorge armor

I got one question: do you have the right thigh unfolded??

because I see you only unfold the left thigh or I am wrong??

Thanks Tucker.

The thighs look the same (AFAIK), with the exception of being mirrored, so if you invert the pattern in pepakura designer you get the right thigh. It's under 2D menu -> Invert pattern. Unless you have really big thighs I'd recommend you to use another Reach thigh though, my thighs are really big and I modelled the thigh to fit me. Reducing the width will mess up the length unfortunately. Armour modelling would be so much easier if you could scale each measurment individually. The thighs should be generic Mk V thighs (if that's what the other Spartans wear), so using a thigh modelled for Noble Six would work.

Thanks Acehigh I gonna try that

but I gonna keep with that thight because I got a big thights too jaja

I really want finish this armor because I soo cool!!

SaintlyGecko said:
do you plan on doin any other Noble Team armor

Not really at the moment. I did Jorge because I want to build his armour down the road. I might do Carter's helmet, as I've seen some people want to make it but there is noone working on it. Would be nice to be the first one to release it.

Jesus christ...

Okay, to be completely honest, I hadn't seen any of the Reach trailers. But I just now watched them all, and now I'm getting the overwhelming urge to build a Reach suit and scrap my MKVI for now...

And because I haven't been keeping up with anything Reach, is this the only thread (are you the only modeler) that's doing a Reach suit build right now? Like I said, I might scrap my MKVI and start a Reach suit. Maybe have something together by launch? *knock on wood*

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the shoulders in the video :D

I must have gotten to excited about the awesomness of the model. If you'll excuse me, I'll go splash some water in my face.

Nicktendo said:
Jesus christ...

Okay, to be completely honest, I hadn't seen any of the Reach trailers. But I just now watched them all, and now I'm getting the overwhelming urge to build a Reach suit and scrap my MKVI for now...

And because I haven't been keeping up with anything Reach, is this the only thread (are you the only modeler) that's doing a Reach suit build right now? Like I said, I might scrap my MKVI and start a Reach suit. Maybe have something together by launch? *knock on wood*

Technically this thread is only for the models. Once I get to work on actually building Jorge I will use a separate WIP thread for that.

There are quite a few modellers doing bits and pieces of Reach. Rundown has a complete set for Noble Six modelled. I don't know of anyone else who has done a complete set of armour, but if you search the forum you'll find lots of bits and pieces.

AceHigh said:
Technically this thread is only for the models. Once I get to work on actually building Jorge I will use a separate WIP thread for that.

There are quite a few modellers doing bits and pieces of Reach. Rundown has a complete set for Noble Six modelled. I don't know of anyone else who has done a complete set of armour, but if you search the forum you'll find lots of bits and pieces.

Yeah, I just searched and found what you were referring to. So Noble Six and Jorge are the only suits coming together, huh? And I saw a few Emile scratch builds (helmets, at least) around.

Ah, as I am just realizing, most of the armors are the same as Noble Six's (with the exception of Jorge and some of Kat's pieces). At this point I'm just thinking out loud, and I don't need to use your thread for that!

In any case, I'm following this thread to see where this goes!

Well to hell with my plans for either a Gundam or Space Marine this just took over and I swear I am in love with these files AceHigh you did a really good job modelling everything and whats not unfolded yet I may give unfolding it a try.

Almost done with the back then I just have the handle left. Unfortunately I'm in a show for a local theater so the going is slow.

oh man this is killing me to have to wait so long to get the shoulder unfolded

must remain calm...sorry it's just....I have no talent to unfold (sobs into hands)

AceHigh your work is astounding! i always wanted to do Jorge and i only saw Noble Six's stuff around...But now this is not the case! Love your work man and i will probably start building after i get done with my MK VI Low Rez!

Can't wait till the unfolded helmet comes out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back