JudgemetDays Reach ODST (WIP + Pics)

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by JudgementDay, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

:eek: YOU MET NATHAN FILLION WHILE IN ODST BDUS? :eek:

There's not many stories out there that can top that. I'd retire the costume and call it there. Well done, everyone go home. The game is won forever.

2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

You retire it only if you get a pic w/ him and have him sign it somewhere.

JudgementDay and PaiganBoi like this.
  3. JudgementDay

JudgementDay Jr Member

I meet him first in full costume when I got him to sign a picture of Buck at the convention, but got to have a chat with him later that night at the VIP party (That costed me so much money D: ) the only reason I bought the VIP tickets was to meet Nathan and also Steve Downes and Jen Taylor were there as well :O (Got their autographs too)

I thought about getting him to sign the helmet (easily done) but part of me couldn't because I feel like it would ruin it? Not that it wouldnt be awesome to have him do it haha just didnt really want it on my armour :p

Such a charming dude though was man crushing so hard even my girlfriend noticed xD

-JD

Dirtdives likes this.
  4. JudgementDay

JudgementDay Jr Member

Starting off with an apology for the terrible camera D: was a struggle finding good light to take a photo inside my helmet. But I hope you can see I have just used a single strip of foam around the front just above the visor which sits on my forehead (pushing the helmet away from my face) and a single strip across the top till about the center of my head.

The back half the helmet sat on my head fine so I didn't need a full head support (which i did try but was not gonna work). The front just holds the visor off my face and pushes it away giving me more breathing space and fitting more snuggly to my head. Before I implemented the headband whenever I looked around the helmet would swivel? I guess? Just feel really loose haha. Afterwards though felt really good.

WP_20180517_09_51_30_Pro.jpg WP_20180517_09_51_39_Pro.jpg WP_20180517_09_52_07_Pro.jpg WP_20180517_09_52_22_Pro.jpg

Hopefully that helped? haha

-JD

5. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Another good spot to add some padding if "swiveling" is a problem is near the chin on either side. This way as you turn your head it will press against your face and turn the helmet instantly. It does make it a slightly smaller opening to get the helmet on though.
    20160624_185040_zpswwinmcpk.jpg

6. JudgementDay

JudgementDay Jr Member

Thiiiiis guy......bringing in the high quality helmet photos and the high quality helmet itself?!
    I see.... I see.....

I aint mad that looks pretty sick, if anything I'm super jealous haha

-JD

7. PerniciousDuke

Lol JudgementDay I don't think your pictures were bad. Just thought I'd add a couple cents in case the swivel was still a problem. Foam is different though. When my pep helmet swivels it hurts my face. :confused:

Excuse me sir, but you met Nathan Fillion... You can't be jealous of anyone. :p

Dirtdives, PaiganBoi and JudgementDay like this.
  8. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

What did with your bucket is pretty much what I was planning.... Except with multi coloured dollar store dish sponges. Lol.
    PerniciousDuke ... Where did you get those fancy padding??? I think I would like those better than said multi colour dollar store sponges.

Dirtdives and JudgementDay like this.
  9. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Nevermind PerniciousDuke. Found it on Amazon. Motorcycle/Airsoft helmet padding. I will have to invest in this. Join the cool kids group. :cool::cool:

Dirtdives and JudgementDay like this.
  10. JudgementDay

JudgementDay Jr Member

Nothing wrong with the mere peasant foam group though? We are only mortal :/

-JD

Dirtdives and PerniciousDuke like this.
  11. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

But it's the cool kids!
    Lol.

12. PerniciousDuke

They were actually second hand military padding PaiganBoi $7 at army surplus.

Dirtdives, PaiganBoi and JudgementDay like this.
  13. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

As a resourceful Canadian, chop up the padding from an old hockey helmet and glue that in place with maple syrup. That's a Turbo Tip.

14. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

I've got plenty of Maple Syrup... but short on the Hockey helmets... :eek:

JudgementDay likes this.