JudgemetDays Reach ODST (WIP + Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good spot to add some padding if "swiveling" is a problem is near the chin on either side. This way as you turn your head it will press against your face and turn the helmet instantly. It does make it a slightly smaller opening to get the helmet on though.
View attachment 255473

Thiiiiis guy......bringing in the high quality helmet photos and the high quality helmet itself?!
I see.... I see.....

I aint mad that looks pretty sick, if anything I'm super jealous haha

-JD

Lol JudgementDay I don't think your pictures were bad. Just thought I'd add a couple cents in case the swivel was still a problem. Foam is different though. When my pep helmet swivels it hurts my face. :confused:

Excuse me sir, but you met Nathan Fillion... You can't be jealous of anyone. :p

Starting off with an apology for the terrible camera D: was a struggle finding good light to take a photo inside my helmet. But I hope you can see I have just used a single strip of foam around the front just above the visor which sits on my forehead (pushing the helmet away from my face) and a single strip across the top till about the center of my head.

The back half the helmet sat on my head fine so I didn't need a full head support (which i did try but was not gonna work). The front just holds the visor off my face and pushes it away giving me more breathing space and fitting more snuggly to my head. Before I implemented the headband whenever I looked around the helmet would swivel? I guess? Just feel really loose haha. Afterwards though felt really good.

View attachment 255469 View attachment 255470 View attachment 255471 View attachment 255472

Hopefully that helped? haha

-JD
What did with your bucket is pretty much what I was planning.... Except with multi coloured dollar store dish sponges. Lol.
PerniciousDuke ... Where did you get those fancy padding??? I think I would like those better than said multi colour dollar store sponges.

Clear! *Electric Thump* No response....up the voltage...CLEAR! *Thump* Any pulse!? We got a pulse!? Fantastic!, Welcome back JudgementDay. This thread has now been revived!

Right so this my second apology in this thread I hope it will be the last. I wont bore you with the details of my heroic adventures, the fight against the darkness, or my addiction to Destiny 2 and procrastination.....

But I am here to finish this thing off.

Before I continue on this road with improvements and additions I need to fix up the wear and tear from the last convention. Posted below are the bits that sustained the most damage and are in need of repair.
For the parts with just paint damage I was thinking of incorporating those parts into the weathering as realistic weathering, as those parts were the places where it took the most wear. Any ideas on how I can make this more permanent as opposed to painting it every time? I tried a spray on matte varnish, which doesnt seem to have done a lot as a final protective coat.

As for the chest piece edges, I've got a few wonderful ideas rattling around in my head about what I want to do for it, but as always I am interesting in the communities responses and opinions.
IMG20181009164753.jpg IMG20181009164756.jpg IMG20181009164812.jpg IMG20181009164824.jpg IMG20181009164829.jpg IMG20181009164837.jpg IMG20181009164852.jpg IMG20181009164902.jpg IMG20181009164918.jpg IMG20181009164947.jpg IMG20181009164953.jpg IMG20181009164957.jpg

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and a glorious year!

Its good to be back!

-JD

So its Thurday night, weekend is soon, of which I am always grateful. Armageddon Expo is this weekend.....so its getting down to the wire in terms of time. There is nothing quite like last minute pressure to click that motivation and inspiration into gear and get all the work done.

Nothing major in terms of new items of my armour, just improvements of the current peices

IMG20181018210928.jpg IMG20181018210942.jpg

Lighting is bad I apologize, but the thigh pouch I attached a more permanent solution. Ive reached the point with my armour where Im not so protective of it, so im willing to try some new things with it.
I sliced two holes a few mm wide and just long enough to fit the Molle webbing straps through the thigh piece, now it wont fall off as I walk around.

IMG20181018210956.jpg IMG20181018211015.jpg IMG20181018211021.jpg

So the split on my chest piece I solved by wrapping some straps around the split, disguising the split itself, adding some structural strength and giving it an additional aesthetic that I quite like.

IMG20181018212740.jpg IMG20181018212744.jpg IMG20181018212757.jpg IMG20181018213354.jpg

Similar with the thigh pouch, I cut the same size holes in the bottom of the torso piece to hold my mag pouches onto the chest firmly and will not be falling off anytime soon.

Last few things to tick off

- Paint the parts that have worn the paint off
- Add vents into the helmet where my mouth is to remove fogging of visor
- Figure out how to permanently attach my grenades to the belt

Looking forward to getting some pictures of the finished look and some pictures from the convention.

Will update you guys soon :) thanks for sticking with me

-JD

Brilliant solution with the thigh pouch. I believe I will steal this idea and apply it to my holster and have a better setup than I have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back