Jun-Armor + WEP (WIP PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, an yea PMMjjmk, im planing on making a sniper. But first im going to make a new helmet, the one i have now is to smal, i can get into it as u can se, but its not very good to have on. And since its so smal, the visor gets all foggy in 2 sec so i cant rly see much :p

Future plans:
- New and bigger helmet
- Sniper
- Lights on several places
- New knees(the ones now was made in a hurry out of foam to get it done for halo-ween :D)
- Tactical ui on wrist with smartphone

Sooo im not done with my build yet, me and a friend of mine with an awsome ODST'build are going to be in Trondheim(Norway) at the release of Halo Anniversery. Until then im gonna make some few adjustments to my helmet for more airflow. Planing on doing the rest until Halo 4 release.

When building a sniper....any1 that knows how to get the picture printed on several pages for the full size? its supposed to be 190cm long i think, but then again jun is 220cm ingame. So im gonna scale it down to around 170cm long, since im only 186cm.

Finnished....almost, still got some smal tweeks to do later on but it ok for now :)

bilde0050.jpg

Happy Halo-ween

I too am doing a Scout helm with the HU/RS attachment. Can I ask where you got your visor. I found a couple on Amazon, but the Scout helm's visor isn't at rounded as a motorcylce visor. PM me with the info or leave it here. PM preferred, but it's your choice.

I too am doing a Scout helm with the HU/RS attachment. Can I ask where you got your visor. I found a couple on Amazon, but the Scout helm's visor isn't at rounded as a motorcylce visor. PM me with the info or leave it here. PM preferred, but it's your choice.

I bought mine on ebay, its a standard motorcycle visor in gold, it was a cheap one( This one i think). It was a bit of a struggle, but i just used hot glue and pressed the visor in so it fitted. Used a powertool to cut it in the right size and thats rly it....

I bought mine on ebay, its a standard motorcycle visor in gold, it was a cheap one( This one i think). It was a bit of a struggle, but i just used hot glue and pressed the visor in so it fitted. Used a powertool to cut it in the right size and thats rly it....

Thanks man. I found one with the same style on Amazon. But, I didn't think about cutting it (I don't know why). Anyway, your build looks amazing. Hope mine is half as good.

I'm guessing you found a visor already, but I've seen some people use a vacuformer to make their visers. It's still a foreign subject to me but it seems like it would work better well.

Update 2012! :D

The new year has started and so has my school-, but also prop year. As a start i have startet on my new helmet, now using a much better pep file than before. Here are som pics :D

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

Thats the pics of the finnished pep model. In the front for the details that are just pain to pep, i have used a foam-gym floor thingy. Turned out nice i think.

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

Heres a pic of it with one layer of resin, also used some resin on the inside.

IMAG0464.jpg

Two layers of fiberglass done...

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

Now finnished with the trimming of the fiberglass, also cut out the paper where the visor is going in later on. Still a lot of work to do. I also bought my first Dremel-tool, already loving it, also bought my self a new sanding-machine since i burned out the motor in the last one xD

While i was pepping the helmet i also startet on scratch building a magnum. Here are some pics.

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

So there u have it, plz comment on what u think and ask if u have any questions, im going to try to update more and have more pics :)

Update

So after a few weeks of sickness and no energy for costumes, im now back on track. Have been pepping for the last 48 hours, a new chest.

Picture%252010.jpg

Picture%252011.jpg

Picture%252012.jpg

Picture%252013.jpg

Picture%252014.jpg

Added the new helmet to the pics when i got up this morning, was up and pepping until 5in the morning :p hahah

Picture%252016.jpg

Picture%252017.jpg

Picture%252018.jpg

Close up of helmet, i cut out the ear details a day ago so im gonna go over them and the rest of the helmet one more time with bondo and sanding. Then im done.

Picture%252019.jpg

Picture%252020.jpg

Picture%252021.jpg

Picture%252022.jpg

I have also finnished my magnum, its not going to be an exact magnum, but close enough for a first wep. But i forgot to take pics of it before i delivered it to a m8 of mine who is going to paint it for me (check him out on facebook)

But i do have some older pics of the magnum, nearly finnished.

Picture%25207.jpg

Picture%25208.jpg

There we go, thats all i have for now, glassing of chest next, bondo on helmet and start on some new boots. Until next time, Remember Reach!

Smal update...

Ive been working around the clock for the last week with the new chest and the glassing and bondo, sanding and so on. The chest is comming along but ive also been working on the new helmet, the last helmet was too smal and i wasnt rly satisfied with it soo i made a new one. Used the Forgereclaimer Scout HD pep file (many thanks for the awsome pepfile). Pretty easy pep, some hard detalis that i just bondoed down, and the top attachment is going to be made later on. So heres 2 pics of the finnished helmet, still missing the "bars" at the front, going to be added soon.

Picture%252028.jpg

Picture%252029.jpg

Next up is adding LED's to the details in the chest, but i cant rly deside on the LED's. Blue or Green LED's ? also thinking of maybe adding both so i can switch between the colours, but will se what tomorrow brings. Also planning on taking part in my first CON in a costume, but its in only 2,5 week and atm i got no finnished chest (since the first got broken during transport) and the new one isnt finnished yet. More to follow :)

Work looks amazing of course.
For LED's, the common one is blue, because that's what the suits use in the game. Green would look pretty cool and custom. It's up to you. Keep it up!!

Huge Update!

Now for a HUGE update!

To start of the new helmet is now 100% complete (without the top attachment, adding this maybe later).

Picture%252020.jpg

Picture%252019.jpg

Picture%252018.jpg

So thats the helmet all done, used nitting sticks for the "rib" details in front, a sleepingmat for padding inside and it has 1 layer of grey basecoat, then all black, "mist" green over, grey detailes and so on, also used a "chrome" spray to get the battledmg and then 2 layers of matt clearcoat to seal it all in. I also have a pic of a comparison between the new and old helmet.

Picture%25203.jpg

Now for the chest...last pix of it was a peping pix. The chest is now done with lots of leds and more. First a few pix og the chest when i built it.

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

Sorry for so few pix, but i more or less built in one day and my phone was dead so no way to take pix.

I started off with resin coating both the outside and the inside. Then fiberglass, 2-3 layers og it depending on the location. Also used a mix of bondo and resin in the lower part of the front, since fiberglass wouldt stick to the details, later i layed 1 layer of fiberglass over this bondo/resin muxture so that it won't break off or somthing. You can also see on one the pix that i have used a tape over the details in the front and back, this is since i didnt pep the details. Insted i just fiberglass over the detail, then cut out the shape of the detail and then use foam to build it up from the inside, but more of that later. When fiberglass was done went over to just bondo and sanding. Then i split the chest!

IMAG0513.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0511.jpg

First time i split a chest, my first chest wasn't split-able and therefore huge and clumsy to transport and also wear. I then bought some large bolts, and used a steel tube i found. Joined the two together and used some ducktape to hold it there, then just used bondo to hold it in place, and some fiberglass over that just to secure it. Sadly i dont have any pix of this since it only took 1 hour.

More in next post!

Huge Update! part 2

Picture%252014.jpg

Eventho i dont have any pix from the building process of my way to make it "flush" i have some later pix that can be used as a referanse. But here you can see the steeltube next to the " parachute - clip", and on the next pix you can see the tip of the bolt from the other part of the chest that then goes into the tube for a tight and flush fit.

Picture%252015.jpg

Some underway pix, this is actually before it was split, but anyway you can se some more details and so on. Only 1 layer of grey basecoat at theese pix.

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

The few next pix are from just before the chest was split, it now has 1 layer of grey basecoat + 1 layer of mate-black.

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

And after that it was split. The bolts and tubes placed and fastened in bondo and fiberglass. I then got the idea of a friend to use tick rubberbands to hold it in place, I therefore made and placed 8 hooks to fasten the rubberbands. Later i discovered that due to the chest being a so tight fit on me, there was just no room to get the rubberbands attached to the hooks while i was in the chest....so i went over to use parachute-clips as alot of other people have used. And this now works just fine, however there is a 1-3mm gap between the plates due to the use of parachute-clips, but i dont care.

LEDS!
I decided to use leds in my chest for that added awsomeness! Since i didnt bother to pep all the details on the chest i use a foam. I build up the details in foam and then i cut out a smal place for the led to sit, cut out a piece of transperent plastic and sand it on both sides using a fine sandingpaper. Then i place this sanded plastic in front of the led, this to spread and dim the light more. Then its alot of soldering and wireing, and then it should look something like this.

Picture%25201.jpg

There is 13 LED's in the front, and 17 LED's in the back. Both powered by a 9v battery, 1 battery for front and 1 for the back. And this is how it look inside the chest with the wires.

Picture%252013.jpg

Front piece inside

Picture%252016.jpg

Back piece inside

Huge Update! part 3

Now the the pix og the final chest, now with green paint, crome battledmg and LEDS!

Picture%252022.jpg

Picture%252025.jpg

Picture%252024.jpg

Picture%252023.jpg

Picture%252021.jpg

Only 2 hours ago i also added a switch for the LEDS so i can turn them on and off :p

Picture%252017.jpg

I also have som crapy pix of me testing the chest, its without the leds, and i currently havent got any other pix with the chest on due to that i almost didnt get out of it the first time i tested it :p its soo hard to twist my arm to get inside the chest to the parachute-clips to open the cest that i havent done it after that...but here are some pix...

Picture%252010.jpg

Picture%252011.jpg

Picture%252012.jpg

So thats all i have for now......OH w8, almost forgot that im finnished ish with my magnum.
Had a m8 of me paint it with his airbrush, but the paint and airbrush would do co-op with him, but i think it turned out quite nice for a first wep.

4003ybjD8rPd6T9oGbc7H1

Picture%252027.jpg

And thats it for now, until next time......remember reach!

here exactly did you split your torso? I have the same torso but Im too afraid to cut it because if I mess up I won't have enough time to redo it.

here exactly did you split your torso? I have the same torso but Im too afraid to cut it because if I mess up I won't have enough time to redo it.

Try to hide the cut in corners and stuff when u split it, but this is where i split it. At the top the cut is quite good hidden, and since im also going to be using a cammo on top im not to worried about it, and the cutting at the bottom wil partly be hidden behind ur arms... i thought more of making it easy to make my "flush"-system with bolt and tube fit, rather than make the cut to become invisible :p

cut2.jpg

cut.jpg

As for the LEDS, heres a smal guide to how i did it.

Step1:
Picture%252028.jpg

Bring out the foam! :D

Step 2:

Picture%252029.jpg

Make the skape or detail that u want, easy enough....

Step 3:

Picture%252030.jpg

I use a 2mm ish plate of seethrough plastick.

Step 4:

Leds + wire + battery + resistor suited for the job...and the plastick plate that u need. To determine what resistor u need i used this calculator , all my leds are in parallel connection.

Picture%252031.jpg

Step 5:

Hard to see on the pix, but the plastic to the right has been sanded with a fine sandingpaper to get alot of smal scratches in it, so its more or less not "seethrough" anymore. This is to dim and spread the light.

Picture%252033.jpg

Step 6:

Start to combine it....cut out a whole for the led with space for the plastic infront. This pix is an example made in like 2min, try out a few things ur self on this part, the distance from the led to the plastic will also determine how much spread and dim there will be....

Picture%252032.jpg

Step 7:

Hook on some power and watch the awesomeness of the LEDS!

Picture%252034.jpg

Superfast done guide, but it works :)

Hey thanks man for the great walk through! I'll finish my guns by the weekend then ill tackle this on the week end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back