Just Made My First Thigh Piece Now To Show 405Th

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtoearth

ive just finished my first thigh piece it took me a long time because i carved it out of clay and then moulded it in

2 seperate pieces then attatched them together with some fiber glass

still need to sand down the joins were the two halfs come together and then spray on some green paint

again sorry for my bad camera work

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMjp2KruG88[/media]

Good work! The piece looks like its really detailed. One thing to add though. When making a video I would talk. Makes it seem more alive and more interesting to watch. Cheers!

it looks kind of thin... i'm not rly experienced with fiberglass but we can see the light through your piec. Will this be strong enough? I suggest reinforcing it with another coat of fiberglass. Still this look rrreeellly good! you rly made this out of clay? impressive.

Gman said:
Good work! The piece looks like its really detailed. One thing to add though. When making a video I would talk. Makes it seem more alive and more interesting to watch. Cheers!
well im not really much of a talker and im kinda camera shy

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill 118 said:
it looks kind of thin... i'm not rly experienced with fiberglass but we can see the light through your piec. Will this be strong enough? I suggest reinforcing it with another coat of fiberglass. Still this look rrreeellly good! you rly made this out of clay? impressive.
hello yes it took a long time but i did carve my original thigh out of clay and then made a two part mold of it as for the fiberglass the reason you can see light through it is because i ran out of white gel coat so i just used resin and fiberglass on its own its still pretty hardy

Tango 89er said:
You made the original out of clay?! How long did that take you?
well me and my dad are no experts like some of the other members of 405th

it took us about 2 weeks to carve the thigh piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back