JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the stand.
I made the frame part out of 2x4s and the top part out of 3/4 inch plywood.
100_1478.jpg

After some light sanding I wanted to see how it would fit together.
100_1479.jpg

After routing the edge and doing a ton of paint and sanding It is coming out pretty good.
100_1480.jpg

I used a small piece of wood and screwed the boots to the base.
100_1481.jpg

After a quick trip to Lowes for the PVC pipe and connectors I have done the impossible. 2 10 foot PVC pipes can fit inside a Mustang. :cool
100_1470.jpg

I screwed the end cap to the boots, so that the PVC frame could mount to the base.
100_1482.jpg

After a lot of measuring and cutting I ended up with a great frame for the armor.
100_1484.jpg

After I do a test run with armor I am sure I'll have to make some adjustments, but overall it seems to be working great.

Here is the Base Painted.
100_1490.jpg

The base coat on the boots are drying now, and I will be able to do the second coat tomorrow. Once that is done I will be able to do the final tweaks on the stand and it will be done.

On a side part I noticed that I was missing some detail on the bottom part of the back.
100_1488.jpg

I cut out some pieces of plastic, white and black.
100_1487.jpg

Then applied them.
100_1491.jpg

That was the only detail that I forgot to do.

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Well I painted the boots for the base. Here they are installed.
100_1492.jpg

For extra support, weight, and strength I filled the boots with concrete.
100_1494.jpg

I hope to assemble the stand sometime this week.

Have a great new Year everyone.

Glad to hear you guys like it.
How heavy is it now that there is concrete in there?
The base ways about 50 pounds now. It had to be heavy to balance out the weight of the suit.... scratch-building is a very heavy way to make this armor.

I got it all put up the other day and it looks great. I left my camera at work, so I will have to put up the pictures sometime in the next few days. It looks freaking amazing in my office at home.:D

Well, here is the mounted suit.
100_1495.jpg

I am standing next to it to compare the actual size. I am 6' tall.
I also weighed the suit. The base is about 50 pounds, and the suit is about 80 pounds. It was a real workout to wear.

Every time I see it assembled, it just blows me away....fantastic job on everything buddy!!

-Matt

You have the best Mk.V out there......period. Great job Justin. I like the stand too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back