JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is looking great. I really like how smooth you get all the pieces. Though, wearing individual pieces at a time looks pretty strange!
Thanks, I am really pleased with the smoothness of the finish. And it feels strange to just wear individual pieces. I think I wore the boots at work for a few hours, just to see how it felt for a long time, and I was so much taller, and it just felt awkward with shorts and a t-shirt.

i see someone else likes your armor ;)
unleduelma.png

I think Master Chief does like the armor.

I am hopefully going to have some more progress done tomorrow.

Triple post update.

I strapped the shoulders:
100_1192.jpg

I need to adjust the straps a little, but overall I am pleased.
I also had to test it with a rifle. Enjoy :cool:

100_1193.jpg

Your skills are very impressive! I've been watching this and I really love the work you have completed so far. Again, awesome job my man!

Looking awesome! It's really starting to look bulky and Chief-like. ;) How are you attaching the strapping to the armor?

And also, since I know someone will ask, I'll go ahead and do it: Can you provide more details about the rifle? :cool

Thanks for liking it guys.

I pad the inside of the armor with foam, and then I use hot glue to glue the straps to it. Then I Put a few screws in just to be safe:

100_1194.jpg

The gun is an airsoft rifle.

UTG L96 AWP Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle
Specifications:
- 450-480 fps (0.2 g BB) / Range 200-230 feet
- Barrel Length: 23.5 inches / 60 cm
- Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds

I bought the scope separate. It is a Tasco 50mm red/green illuminated scope. Magnification 6-24x. It's a beast :cool

Thanks guys. I got the entire upper half of the suit together and I am very pleased with it

Enjoy:
100_1195.jpg

And with the AR:
100_1197.jpg

Some of the strapping needs to be adjusted, but other than that the top half is finished. The legs are next.

I'm really liking this thread. With so many insanely detailed builds going on, it's kind of nice to see somebody make something so simple look so good. Excellent job so far.

I'm a huge fan of Halo CE as it's the first Halo game I owned way back in 2002/3, this brings back many happy memories, can't wait to see it finished :D

very nice. are the shoulders hard to move in? they seem a little big is why i ask.

They are a little difficult to move, but I still need to adjust the straps. I think that if I adjust them properly, they will work great. They are very big, but that is how they look on Master Chief.

You have an assault rifle in one of the more recent pictures- is that an MA5B or C?
Otherwise, this is absolutely fantastic, and has given me something to shoot at in my Mk. V build. Awesome work!

You have an assault rifle in one of the more recent pictures- is that an MA5B or C?
Otherwise, this is absolutely fantastic, and has given me something to shoot at in my Mk. V build. Awesome work!

I originally drew up the blueprints for the Halo CE version, MA5B, but later modified it to look like the MA5C from Halo 3. It was a scratch build from reference pictures, so it is not as accurate as I would like. I will eventually be remaking it to look exactly like the Halo 3 version.

Sorry for the long wait for an update. I have been busy doing some last minute stuff before the baby gets here.

Anyways, I have made some progress on the thighs. I started out with pepakura, and then rondoed the entire thing, and used a belt sander to take off the "pointed" edges:
100_1266.jpg

I am still trying to get it sanded perfectly smooth, and then I will start to add the detail. Stay tuned for a hopefully soon update. (it looks much better in person)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back