Lancer From Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

smick6

Some pics of the amazon exclucive lancer. I must say I am very impressed. I used Adams assult rifle for size comparison, hope you dont mind Adam.
Good points.
Awesome detail, very crisp lines, removable clip, very big and just plain cool.
Not so good.
Paint job is not weathered or worn, looks like plastic (will be fixing that) very light weight (I like my stuff heavy, just me) thats about it. I only looked at it for a few minutes and decided to give you guys some info right away incase someone is thinking about buying one. With the discounted price I fell it was an awesome deal.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Does yours work, all the reviews on Amazon say that you have to put in a paper clip in the battery compartment to make it work.

I didnt even try that yet, will do that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I need to get one of these, pronto. I had my doubts whether it would be to scale, or reasonable quality..

Coming from you, it sounds like it's s great deal.

Sean Bradley said:
I think I need to get one of these, pronto. I had my doubts whether it would be to scale, or reasonable quality..

Coming from you, it sounds like it's s great deal.
Well, like I said, there have been a staggering amount of reports that say the lancer's electronic functions do not work, and that you have to stick some folded up tinfoil in the space between the battery terminal, and the side of the battery.

But it sounds sick when I hear it fixed. I definatly need to get one of these. I just hope not all the models are defective.

I e-mailed Neca about the battery problem earlier today, and they just replied saying that they will send me a clip that will fit in the battery compartment and complete the connection, but I think the paperclip/tinfoil method works just fine ;)

maybe its just me but i wouldve rather seen it without all the blood on it. I think i would look better if they just made it look battle worn or something like that

S3MPL3 said:
maybe its just me but i wouldve rather seen it without all the blood on it. I think i would look better if they just made it look battle worn or something like that

The blood splatter effect was done well in my opinion but I think it needed to look like fresh blood (wet). It really needs some weathering and some leds. All on my list of things to do.

You get what you pay for. If you don't want to spend $950 for a Lancer with a good paintjob, stop complaining and whip out your own paint. If you don't like the blood or the details, they won't repaint themselves.

Do the Lancers weigh a lot, though? Someone told me that they weigh a ton, and some say that it weighs nothing. >.>

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
You get what you pay for. If you don't want to spend $950 for a Lancer with a good paintjob, stop complaining and whip out your own paint. If you don't like the blood or the details, they won't repaint themselves.
I'm not complaining, I'm stating an opinion based on my observations. :cautious:

Back on topic; I heard a demo on youtube, and the chainsaw noise was sick. I really need to get me one of these!

I cancelled mine last minute, only because my local FYE has them for $100. IMO they need alot of work. I cant see how they claim they made it from the 3D game data when theres alot of differences, a main one being the fact the barrel on the replica is shorter then the chainsaw guide. On the game model the barrel sticks out farther.

Ill be getting one later this week and working on making it batter, my buddy got his through amazon and i found out the chainsaw sound doesnt seem to be coming trough a speaker. Its like a motor hitting something to make the sound. The detail is pretty nice though. i mainly plan to do a repaint, fix the little flaws, lighting on the body and crosshairs and possibly rig up a mock chainsaw, which i have a really crazy idea to try to make it work.

I just came back from FYE with the last one they had..
It was $119 but I figured...
Oh well, I know soon its going to be dirt cheap just like the "legendary" H3 helmets.. But then again, maybe they won't make as many.. (crosses fingers)

But my plan is to use this as a reference model to make a better one with a working chain and all.
Who knows, I can probably make the money back ;)

Lancer = win.

As soon as I can scrounge up the money (between Animal Crossing: City Folk coming Sunday and my other random purchases, I usually don't have much money. I suck with keeping a hold of my money) I will have to get one of these!

My brother just got his :D.
LancerReplica.jpg

Had to do the tinfoil fix. Works good now though.

I bought mine. Came broken. Sent it back. Spending money on one of link's assault rifles. :D

It was a cool weapon though. I'll probably pick one up when all of the hype has died and they're on ebay for cheaper... hopefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back