Leaky Roof In School Cafeteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so today during lunch time at school ( Its a Middle School ) Their was a leaking part of the roof
Well your probably thinking " Whats soooooo bad with a leaky roof ? " Well their is ONE thing that sets this apart...
It was leaking, BUT it was leaking over the lights :mad:
Can we ACTUALLY have school with this going on? We could get electricuted !!!
Here is a Microsoft paint picture for what I mean...

Untitled-2.jpg

Now I think we shouldn't have school ( Since this IS our Cafeteria )

my school's problems

leaks

boys bathroom ; big @$$ hole kicked through 1 door, no lock on other... people piss in soap dispencers.. spells like shiza

lockers? im sharing cuz mines jammed,.. so are alot of others

windows are plastic

cafiteria food... wow

etc,

Fluorescent lighting doesn't use a lot of power and the only way you'll get shocked is if a stream of water is coming out not drops. And if the lights haven't shorted out then there probably isn't a connection between the water and the lighting. Still is something that should be fixed ASAP.

People have canceled school for much dumber reasons. So maybe that would work. That's what extra snow days/storm days are for.

Yeah, but we just used up our last snow day.... tehe ;) We went to school Monday last week, then got 4 inches of snow, had no school for the rest of the week, with a total of 8 inches of snow.. but Today , alot of it melted, but it IS supposed to snow 1 inch tonight.. But our school doesn't have air conditioning , so I might not like it if we miss school tomarrow ( I HATE Summer !!! ) As in We'll have to make up a day during the summer :(

I don't think anyone here can seal that roof for your school. You have to talk with your principal, and I doubt he's here.

LastSpartan said:
I don't think anyone here can seal that roof for your school. You have to talk with your principal, and I doubt he's here.

I don't want them to seal it, I just want them to Cancel school!
And Im pretty sure everyone knows about it at my school ( All Principles, Teachers, etc..) But I do NOT think that the Board members know about this. I don't like my Principle ( He's new and our new vice principle is WAY to nice and doesn't punish bad kids enought ) . My new principle changed when our school starts ( By 10 Min. Earlier !!!) and we still get out at the same time.. And our classes are shorter, but we have more classes to go too.

Last edited by a moderator:
schools are usually going to have some problems with it, my old school was so old, there was mold growing on mold that was already on mold, you couldnt see the walls because of it, and the roof was leaky too (right in the cafeteria also) so they had to move every table and chair to the opposite side of the room toward the gym, where it absolutely reaked of body odor

anyway, they wont close school because they think the school has some safety issues (or if the walls give you cancer)

God whe had the same thing in our cafeteria last year, but then again they were working on our new one that whe use now.
Now its just sitting all day long in the cold xD the school chauffage broke yesterday, its -2 in our classes.

really painfull on that fingers if you have to sit all day behind a computer learning.

For anyone concerned at your school, the Myth Busters did an excellent show on the belief that you can electrocute yourself by peeing on an electrified rail. In the end, they determined that since you won't have a continuous stream of fluid, you won't be able to electrocute yourself.

For the leaky lights, they higher up than the average, umm....human fluid source, so there is an even higher chance that the stream will break up into droplets. Furthermore, rain water is less conductive than urine.

Electricity will follow the path of least resistance. Where is it easier for the electrons to go, from positive to negative within the light bulb, or from the fixture, skipping across drops of water to the ground? I don't think you were in any danger there.

Thing to remember about schools is that they're not always going to fawn over your safety the way that your parents might. A drippy roof probably wasn't their biggest concern that day, and I'm sure that they're doing what they can to solve the problem. Keep in mind that just because they're teachers and adults doesn't mean that they can snap their fingers and magically make it stop leaking. Roofs leak, the world's an imperfect place. ;)

Our school stayed open during construction for my entire junior and senior year. Some sections of the building (that were kept in use) didn't even have ceilings.. ROFL. They tarped it off during the winter, but it was a wee bit chilly in the halls to say the least.

If I were you, my concern would be that it was dripping in the cafeteria, where food is being served and students were eating.. That's a health code violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back