Props LeeKegan M1 Garand

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeKegan

Thought you might like to see a build I'm doing for my 84 year old WWII neighbor.

Hope you like it.

Trigger assembly.
M1Garand002.jpg

M1Garand003.jpg

Gas tube return.
M1Garand004.jpg

M1Garand006.jpg

M1Garand001.jpg

M1Garand003-1.jpg

M1Garand001-1.jpg

M1Garand006-1.jpg

M1Garand009.jpg

M1Garand014.jpg

M1Garand016.jpg

More done, but I need to take picks.

Attachments

• M1Garand002.jpg
    M1Garand002.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 180
  • M1Garand003.jpg
    M1Garand003.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 169
  • M1Garand004.jpg
    M1Garand004.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 162
  • M1Garand006.jpg
    M1Garand006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 155
  • M1Garand001.jpg
    M1Garand001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 163
  • M1Garand003-1.jpg
    M1Garand003-1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 181
  • M1Garand001-1.jpg
    M1Garand001-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 166
  • M1Garand006-1.jpg
    M1Garand006-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 161
  • M1Garand009.jpg
    M1Garand009.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 168
  • M1Garand014.jpg
    M1Garand014.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 167
  • M1Garand016.jpg
    M1Garand016.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 164
Very nice! Having had to do alot of ceremonial drill with an M1, I can say that your work is very accurate, as always of course.

Would like to add a real M1 to my rifle collection, but their so expensive!

beautiful work. was a part of the rifle drill team at ERAU when i was going to school there. also got to take one out to the range (open desert) a few times.
How much does your replica weigh?

Why can't you live down the street from me so I can play with your cool toys! As always impressed sir!

I understand that it takes a lot of imagination to recreate all of the things that you have done so far, but I think this one is by far my favorite. Most other works have come from a world of imagination, where this comes from something very real. Tremendous work thus far, and can't wait to see more of this. Fantastic work as always sir!!

-Matt

beautiful work. was a part of the rifle drill team at ERAU when i was going to school there. also got to take one out to the range (open desert) a few times.
How much does your replica weigh?

About 9 pounds.

Very nice. It's a lot more detailed than mine. Can't wait to see it finished.

Yes but I'm just making the one and it was to be an exact copy for my neighbor to hang on his wall.

Looking mighty fine Lee. Are you going to apply and stain or color?

It will be painted to look like the real thing.

As always lee, it is beautiful. What a wonderful think to do for a veteran like your neighbor! On a side note, did I see a reach combat knife being molded??

Wow it looks amazing. Are you able to open and close the breach or did you just make it so it is locked in place? Either way that is mighty fine work sir!

As always lee, it is beautiful. What a wonderful think to do for a veteran like your neighbor! On a side note, did I see a reach combat knife being molded??

Thanks and yes, it has been setting there ready to mold for 1 1/2 months. No rubber.

9 pounds? What type of wood did you use. Mine only came out to be 2.5 punds.

That is the weight of the plastic cast stocks.

before you give it away you should make a cast

I already have molded some of it.

Wow it looks amazing. Are you able to open and close the breach or did you just make it so it is locked in place? Either way that is mighty fine work sir!

It is static. no moving parts.

My dad owns A M1 Garand so if you need pics of it just tell where and ill get out my camera,and always great work Lee:)

Thanks, but I got enough pics, and I'm done making the parts. I just need to take more pics and finish molding parts to it, but I'm out of rubber.

I met a WWII veteran and was selling his M1 Grand for $200 canadian.
Wish I could bring it back >.>

looking great, as usual :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back