Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks epic...but i have a cnc question...can i use a pepakura format file as an cnc model?

and how do you build a cnc machine (I COULD Google this but i want to learn from people I can trust :3 )

I don't think pep files are used for anything but pep. Generally, a safe file to start with for CNC is .obj. We purchased our CNC so I'm not sure how to build one. This one was relatively inexpensive (for a company). Under $10K.

DSC05544.JPG

Did you guys ever get your custom mirrored visors sorted out? I remember you got boned on that one sample you got back, did it ever get further than that?

Wished I could have the skills and tools to do what you do...the works are definitely "Legendary".

Hah. Thanks. We did get visor samples back that would work although We're going to have to try it again.
Here are some pictures of the MA5B as it stands right now. A little clean up and finish the magazine and we go to molding.

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

LA-MA5B-009.jpg

LA-MA5B-011.jpg

LA-MA5B-010.jpg

We'll also be cnc'ing this helmet possibly as soon as tomorrow thanks to Skullcandy Girl. This model looks much better than anything we had expected. This should be a ton of fun to see this thing come to life.
cqc1.jpg

cqc2.jpg

cqc3.jpg

cqc4.jpg

We'll also be cnc'ing this helmet possibly as soon as tomorrow thanks to Skullcandy Girl. This model looks much better than anything we had expected. This should be a ton of fun to see this thing come to life.

Well that was fast! And awesome!
Nice job SKG it looks great, can't wait to see it CNC'd by you guys.

And dang that AR is still awfully nice.

@Bishop: YEah... that AR... SO DETAILED *head esplodes* And my pleasure! I expect to see you armor locking around the shop when people try to give you guff ;) Rhino always makes such PRETTY renders!

@Ruze: Thanks Ruze, if it wasn't for your wonderful Orthos I couldn't have gotten it done :)

@Dystorted: Aw thanks :)

Yeah... the strange noise you just heard was my jaw dropping all the way to the floor after seeing that rifle :)

Yeah.....Actually the renders are in a program called Keyshot. It is only a renderer. We use it a lot at work.

Very cool guys. I know by my post count I seem like a newbie, but I've been a part of this forum for some time now. It's neat seeing some of these older projects 'resurrected'. It's sad to think the hours I will and have pour(ed) into my armor and it won't be as good as a machine can do...sad face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back