Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really nice build on the Warthog you have there. Good luck on the completion of this project! I'm currently contemplating on making a life size model of the ghost. What would you recommend the frame be made out of? Rounded metal pipe possibly with a welder?

Munzlat7 Studios said:
That is a really nice build on the Warthog you have there. Good luck on the completion of this project! I'm currently contemplating on making a life size model of the ghost. What would you recommend the frame be made out of? Rounded metal pipe possibly with a welder?

The materials are going to depend on how you are going to use it and how you are going to power it, if you want it mobile. Just for fun one night i have done up a wheeled ghost/wraith. I have done one other ghost on paper and still work on it from time to time but it has real downsized pulse jet rockets for power.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO UPLOAD A VIDEO I TOOK BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE. LET ME SEE IF I CAN GET IT TO WORK. NOPE, DOING SOMETHING WRONG. HERE IS THE LINK TO THE VIDEO WALKAROUND VIDEO

Awesome, and I forgot....AWESOME.

I really wanna see this finished, it would be very cool.

Ive seen a real Warthog on a video, and it looked really nice. I bet yours will look as awesome as the one I saw.

Good Luck with your build

/Tahu

UPDATE

JUNE 29

Haven't gotten a lot done on it since i have gotten back from Houston. All i have done is finish welding out some corners. Been spending time with my kids before i head back to work on the 1st. I got the warthog out in the yard today and thought i would take some pictures of it. I can see now i am going to have to do some work on the ft, and widen the very ft 2 x 4 piece i have there and maybe reangle it just a little next time in. But it seems to be taking shape quite well.

3674265116_0deec22272_o.jpg

3674265124_3b28831d28_o.jpg

3674265128_2b85579b50_o.jpg

3674265140_88609d1085_o.jpg

3674265144_c4e13ddba7_o.jpg

3674265158_70f34e9d82_o.jpg

3674280328_a077806740_o.jpg

3674280330_d71b97c006_o.jpg

3674280336_15768d65cd_o.jpg

3674280338_c9dc1db16f_o.jpg

3674280346_4ab6fafa4f_o.jpg

3674316804_db5197af4d_o.jpg

3674316818_61929f6622_o.jpg

3674316834_c4a0abb1b8_o.jpg

So on the 1st i will be back at work, but when i get back from work, i will be back on this project again. Maybe i will try peping a helmet offshore this time for practice.

Ha are you gonna add a turret on to it or is it going to be one of those yellow civilian warthogs like that one poster in halo 2?

Hasoroth said:
my brothers and i kicked around this idea, but thought it was too much. you sir are one special kind of nut. hats off to ya.

ok so my friend and i are trying to make our own Warthog LRV. WE wanted to know what kind of chassis you are using> WE have the welder and enough money. Also what engine would you recommend. Last we were going to use fiberglass for the body but want to know if theres a better material for the body.

ohhhhhhh... ahhhhhh.... ehhhhh

looking good man, dont even worry about the engine just start putting body panels on this sucker.

also, i got that disk ya sent me... i still havent had a change to pop it in, i have been pretty busy lately... but thank you, i liked the pink case :D

DreadMullet said:
ohhhhhhh... ahhhhhh.... ehhhhh

looking good man, dont even worry about the engine just start putting body panels on this sucker.

also, i got that disk ya sent me... i still havent had a change to pop it in, i have been pretty busy lately... but thank you, i liked the pink case :D

Thanks man, i was hoping you had got it. I had a regular empty case and that one, though you would get a kick out of it.

Loganius said:
Ha are you gonna add a turret on to it or is it going to be one of those yellow civilian warthogs like that one poster in halo 2?

Yep, read back and you will see my plans on that. Can't really say about the halo2 poster, just took the plastic off halo 2 this time time home. The controller configuration on multiplayer messed me up big time. Maybe i will have a chance to see it next time in.

Well since you guys are so amazing the only thing I could probably ever pull off is the fricken mongoose lol. I actually might try that once I go to UTI. Really great progress man. Bookmarking this! And if you ever decide to build another one, give me a call. ;)

EDIT: BTW you should also invest in a kick-a stereo system. I'm thinking like all Rockford Fosgate with 2x 10"... yeah that would just make this thing even beastlier. Oh and don't forget the Kenwood insert. xD

I am VERY interested to see how this will look when finished. It's a good thing you are making that turret removeable because I don't think that would look to good if you were driving down the street with a gun on the back! lol

A few years ago, my fiance and I started talking about building a warthog and taking it to car shows! LOL We were thinking about using the body of an older style hummer. Of course, we don't exactly have the funds to do this and I kinda doubt we ever will.

Rearmament has begun my friends....

This is truly an amazing project, one that when finished, I believe should end up in the elite showcase. The amount of work, time, money, effort, and skill. who knows, maybe the military would like to see a prototype in action. 2525 may be closer than we think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back