Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320 - AceNat's build PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks acenat big favor your doing.
im 9ft 10in tall and roughly 1ft 7 in from shoulder to shoulder
i hope this helps, if there is another mesurement you need let me know
thank you for the help:)

Wait, what? 9 feet tall? You must be high on something! (pun intended, zing!).

Acenat, love the chest piece. It's perfectly sized, as far as I am concerned. Keep up the good work!

i like the look of it all. i'm impressed, you do this all while still going to school. the more i see the more i wish i had more time and money to really get started on my own. i look forward to seeing more of your work

Hey, I dont know if you guys already know it but the live action featuring Kat is out now, maybe it will help you with the references AceNat, heres the link:

Its pretty amazing, it gave me chills when I saw it lol, enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah acenat posted it on her facebook profil but i dont really like the trailer, because somethimes it doesnt look like a LIVE action trailer more like an computer animated one. but, you are right this should be the best source for reference pictures.

Little update..

hey hey,
ive been trying to get stuff done today and it feels like i achieve nothing at the minute..
its very frustrating..
pretty much hit the sanding stage for most of my pieces, such a long process.. its so annoying as i barely have any time to work on this now..
spending 3 days at my college and then working for the other 3 i pretty much get one day off a week..
arghahgaraghagahgragh <-- that's what i feel like.. D:

anyway ive almost finished my handplates! im loving how they look, what ive got left to do is get the custom blue colour. im going to spray it onto a ripped up sponge and then dab it on so it looks like chipped paint.
so for these i sprayed a silver base and then lightly sprayed a hammered charcoal over the top. this is what im going to do for the other pieces that have the silver parts on :D
38-resize.jpg

and the boots finished and need to be trimmed
37-resize.jpg

and the ab plate ready to be sprayed and the chest half rondoed
36-resize.jpg

sorry for the bad quality photos but its dark here and had to take them under the garage light..

Wait, what? 9 feet tall? You must be high on something! (pun intended, zing!).
Acenat, love the chest piece. It's perfectly sized, as far as I am concerned. Keep up the good work!
ahahah thats what i thought! 9 feet tall ahah :D and thanks!
i like the look of it all. i'm impressed, you do this all while still going to school. the more i see the more i wish i had more time and money to really get started on my own. i look forward to seeing more of your work
thanks, yeah my college really gets in my way though. im sure you will be able to one day!
im sorry i ment to write 5ft 10in. Ive been working on a few peices of my reach armor and i must have not been paying attention to what i was typing.
thats cool, okay im going to convert that to cm and get my height and check against my chect dimensions, wont be long. give me about half an hour.. got to find my measuring tape ahah
Hey, I dont know if you guys already know it but the live action featuring Kat is out now, maybe it will help you with the references AceNat, heres the link:
Its pretty amazing, it gave me chills when I saw it lol, enjoy
hey! thanks :D haha yeah i did see it about an hour after it was posted on youtube! im always up to date with reach stuff, but thanks anyway
yeah acenat posted it on her facebook profil but i dont really like the trailer, because somethimes it doesnt look like a LIVE action trailer more like an computer animated one. but, you are right this should be the best source for reference pictures.
i totally know what you mean about the animated part, like Jorge looks really unreal to me.. but kat looks awesome!! :D
WOOO! Looking awesome girl!! Chest and Abs look spot-on and the arm looks to be taking shape so... Another Acenat Masterpiece in the works. :D
thankyooooo ! ahah yeah i hope this is a masterpiece :D

hey hey,
i totally know what you mean about the animated part, like Jorge looks really unreal to me.. but kat looks awesome!! :D

kat looks awesome sure... particularly when she hits the ground ;) but the jump scene in the trailer looks kind of stupid and unreal. btw i really love the scene with the cracked visor while the viewer can see her face. kind of cute ;)

hey hey,
ive been trying to get stuff done today and it feels like i achieve nothing at the minute..
its very frustrating..
pretty much hit the sanding stage for most of my pieces, such a long process.. its so annoying as i barely have any time to work on this now..
spending 3 days at my college and then working for the other 3 i pretty much get one day off a week..
arghahgaraghagahgragh <-- that's what i feel like.. D:

anyway ive almost finished my handplates! im loving how they look, what ive got left to do is get the custom blue colour. im going to spray it onto a ripped up sponge and then dab it on so it looks like chipped paint.
so for these i sprayed a silver base and then lightly sprayed a hammered charcoal over the top. this is what im going to do for the other pieces that have the silver parts on :D
38-resize.jpg

and the boots finished and need to be trimmed
37-resize.jpg

and the ab plate ready to be sprayed and the chest half rondoed
36-resize.jpg

sorry for the bad quality photos but its dark here and had to take them under the garage light..

my god... the hand-plates are so beautiful and real looking so far!!! and in regards to everything in general... I'm starting to wonder if you secretly work undercover for WETA... :p

hi. im new here and i plan on cosplaying kat! and i gotta say your stuff is looking amazing <3 <3 <3 <3! i was wondering if you can help me out. have you got to the helmet yet? im wondering which kat file on here you are using? there are like 3 different files. and do you have the file for the chest peice?

I Have to say after spending lots of time looking and reading through the threads and yours that you are doing a terrific job! I am looking forward to seeing it all together and finished! I actually had an idea for the robot arm although it would be difficult to have an arm that you could not use. Keep up your great work!

well allow me to say what i'm sure has been said many many times before: you are going a GREAT job on this build ! ^_^ its going to look amazing when you are all done... and its unfortunate that you had to have that 'disagreement' with the warped shoulder piece... though i totally understand you there. my left shin piece warped something awful, and i have spent the better part of two weeks trying to fix it... so many times i just wanted to boot stomp the damn thing lol.

anyhoo, long story short: i'ma keep my eye on this thread ! lol ^_^

O.T.

More Pics! and lots of them, let them load! they are awesome

i'll let the pictures speak for themselves :)
49-resize.jpg

48-resize.jpg

41-resize.jpg

51-resize.jpg

52-resize.jpg

53-resize.jpg

54-resize.jpg

42-resize.jpg

45-resize.jpg

46-resize.jpg

43-resize.jpg

44-resize.jpg

47-resize.jpg

okay. i feel like im getting somewhere at last.
thank you so much for all your awesome comments! just hearing from everyone really inspires me to continue!
i'll reply to the questions as this post is big enough though.
hi. im new here and i plan on cosplaying kat! and i gotta say your stuff is looking amazing <3 <3 <3 <3! i was wondering if you can help me out. have you got to the helmet yet? im wondering which kat file on here you are using? there are like 3 different files. and do you have the file for the chest peice?
hey and thanks! im actually modifying a file at the moment, just got to email the original modeller to see if i can release it. and the chest piece is from TheDigitalFx thread with the female armour, edited by HaloGoddess. i dont know the link so if you search TheDigitalFx name im sure you'll find it!

And to Kahnah my height is 175cm tall, i have no idea what that is in inches and feet though. and the height of my chest piece is 447mm, whats your height in cm?

And to Halogoddess here you go, the pep file for my robo arm, its not unfolded though as i cant for the life of me find the file i unfolded.. my desktop is a mess with files everywhere and folders all over the place.. its somewhere but hiding..
http://www.4shared.com/file/Lxbu7wrP/Kat_RoboArm_AceNat.html

hey, nice paintjob Nat. i like the way you doing it ... you use a sponge or something like that to paint? do spray directly on the piece or first at the sponge or towel

the handplates turn out very well but the other piece looks kind of strange. you should use bondo to fill out the glue lines gabs. thats the same problem i had with the first pieces of my odst shoulders. otherwise they dont look heavy or metal... just like thin plastic.

this is just an advise ;) but i really love your color.. what is it? looks like the one i choose

hey, nice paintjob Nat. i like the way you doing it ... you use a sponge or something like that to paint? do spray directly on the piece or first at the sponge or towel
the handplates turn out very well but the other piece looks kind of strange. you should better use for bondo to fill out the glue lines. thats the same problem i had with the first pieces of my odst shoulders. otherwise they dont look heavy or metal... just like thin plastic.
this is just an advise ;) but i really love your color.. what is it? looks like the one i choose
well for the hand plates they were sprayed silver with hammered charcoal on top then i sprayed blue onto a ripped up sponge and dabbed it on, but for the shoulder add on i did it the other way around :p

do you mean at the bottom of the shoulder add on? the 6th picture down? where it looks like its got a gap? if so that's the bottom of it so i didn't bother as i know no one is going to see it from that angle anyway :D
and the blue is actually called 'sea commander blue' its from a colour chart from my local hardware store, i got a custom paint store to mix it into a spray for me, i tried to get it as close to kats colour as possible!

i got a custom paint store to mix it into a spray for me, i tried to get it as close to kats colour as possible!

how much does a can of that personal spraypaint costs :D

i mean the 5th and the 6th... they both looks like they are made out of plastic... sure they are but i think if you use bondo to fill up the faces you dont have that problem.
hmm okay, if you mean that noone will see the piece from that angle. iam a perfectionist so my optionion is fixed on the look not the necessary aspect.

btw: i like the led idea... cant wait to see them installed ;)

To SJSUSPARTAN hey, ive added a few details to your helmet and have got rid of some of the open edges etc.. i was wondering if i could upload for others to share? i cant pm you and i dont know your email to contact you.
please say yes it will help alot of people. (and i really hope you see this!)

about $20 but that's Australian. honestly the spray paints over here are rubbish, there arnt many colours available. they are all gloss and shiny fake looking. to get a good matte paint to need to get it custom. well that's over here in western aus. i don't know about the other side.
and i just don't have time to fix them up, maybe when im finished. but i doubt it will even be noticeable when done :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back