Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320- [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They funny thing is my mom was watching this happen and all she could say way " What happens if you have a heart attack and the ambulance have to come get you, what will I say when they see you all taped up and drooling on the ground." It was so funny at the time, and still is!

Probably the next worst thing is if you need to go use the can in an emergency while wrapped-up in duct tape....laxatives anyone? LOL! :D

Very good progress and nice resined pieces!

Probably the next worst thing is if you need to go use the can in an emergency while wrapped-up in duct tape....laxatives anyone? LOL! :D

Very good progress and nice resined pieces!

haha that would not be fun! and thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

that is looking awsome nice pepakura work keep it up

Thanks its hard to make it as nice as I like but I try!

Small update everyone!

I printed, scored, and cut out the left bicep its ready to be glued tomorrow after I get some homework done! Also I finished my ducktape dummy!
Its a not so mini, mini-me haha. I don't have the soulders on because there still finishing curing in my basement! ( They are dry, just a small smell still being given off them.)

Enough talking I'll let you see! ( If you have any questions on how I filled "me" or how I made it just ask!

116tgly.jpg

2r3w93k.jpg

2r3h8k4.jpg

!!!!!!!One last important thing!!!!!!!

Is there anyone who could model, and unfold the rest of Kats upper roboarm for me! I would love your for EVER. I tired sending AceNat a message asking for hers but it seems she is to busy to message me back. Thats alright though! I know everyone here is busy.

So this is what I need to me made if anyone is up to it:) I need the circle part and the area under the shoulder.

4hcwvs.png

Attachments

• 116tgly.jpg
    116tgly.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2r3w93k.jpg
    2r3w93k.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 2r3h8k4.jpg
    2r3h8k4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 4hcwvs.png
    4hcwvs.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 178
Enough talking I'll let you see! ( If you have any questions on how I filled "me" or how I made it just ask!

That's the best one I've seen so far. I hope you don't mind me stealing the idea to dress it in.. whatever that is. Spandex I guess? That's going to be fun finding a male full-body spandex suit for destruction (i.e. cheap as hell) :-D
And what did you fill it with? Not paper?

Is there anyone who could model, and unfold the rest of Kats upper roboarm for me! I would love your for EVER. I tired sending AceNat a message asking for hers but it seems she is to busy to message me back. Thats alright though! I know everyone here is busy.

I'd just wait a little longer. From what I've seen, she's rather supportive, especially towards other Kats ;-)

Don't be discouraged, Nat will get back to you and be your guiding spirit where possible. I do remember her posting that although her roboarm was pepped she would have scratchbuilt it if she had the time. I'm not sure of that's an option for you, but if you're under a time constraint it may be worth the effort. Some An EVA foam sleeve with 'windows' cut out for pistons and servos that you could hotglue onto the undersuit should serve as a quick fix. Nat bolted a door handle to her upper arm and somehow managed tomake it look like the mount for the shoulder armor. But you can cut a long piece of foam and have it serve the same purpose.

That's the best one I've seen so far. I hope you don't mind me stealing the idea to dress it in.. whatever that is. Spandex I guess? That's going to be fun finding a male full-body spandex suit for destruction (i.e. cheap as hell) :-D
And what did you fill it with? Not paper?

I'd just wait a little longer. From what I've seen, she's rather supportive, especially towards other Kats ;-)

Actually the clothing is just an old pair of leggings that I had and the top is a " work out " shirt from Walmart. And then I taped black socks to the bottom haha.
I used housing insolation which works awesome! Although if your going to use this, I would recommend that you wear a long slaved shirt and pants and also some gloves and even a respirator or face mast so that the insulation doesn't get on or in you. It is little peaces of glass so its really itchy when on your skin!

Don't be discouraged, Nat will get back to you and be your guiding spirit where possible. I do remember her posting that although her roboarm was pepped she would have scratchbuilt it if she had the time. I'm not sure of that's an option for you, but if you're under a time constraint it may be worth the effort. Some An EVA foam sleeve with 'windows' cut out for pistons and servos that you could hotglue onto the undersuit should serve as a quick fix. Nat bolted a door handle to her upper arm and somehow managed tomake it look like the mount for the shoulder armor. But you can cut a long piece of foam and have it serve the same purpose.

Im planning to add some copper coils and even computer wiring and chips onto the parts still showing so it looks more Robo! Like you said though I really hope Nat has a chance to get back to me!

looks pretty cool! im very cuirous about how the robot arm is gonna look :) good luck! and thanks for the warm welcome to the 405th!
No problem! And Im excited to how it turns out also! *fingers crossed*

Duct tape dummy? Thats genius! I might have to steal that idea too.

I found Kats robotic arm. Its full length but its not really detailed. You might have to get creative with it. It does still need to be unfolded as well.
Its down toward the bottom made by Rhinoc
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

Steal away guys! haha Its a great Idea.. but for the life of me I can't remember where I seen it to. I think youtube or another thread. I know Nat did something like this bit it just had like lumps of tape, still looks great though!

See I really need someone to unfold it for me also and even make it a little more detailed because I want it to look as real as possible!

Thanks for all your comments everyone! I'll be updating later tonight with the Left shoulder being finished!
Hope you all had a great day!
-Proxy

I used housing insolation which works awesome! Although if your going to use this, I would recommend that you wear a long slaved shirt and pants and also some gloves and even a respirator or face mast so that the insulation doesn't get on or in you. It is little peaces of glass so its really itchy when on your skin!

What, glass wool? Hell, I'm not touching that stuff again. I once had the "honour" of handling some of that on a building site. That was a looooong way home that day :)

But good to hear that you're thinking of safety.

You may have seen it here, http://www.imperiallounge.com/mannequin.htm . If not, it's still a great step-by-step on how to make one.

Keep up the great work! We're all cheering for you.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy!

What, glass wool? Hell, I'm not touching that stuff again. I once had the "honour" of handling some of that on a building site. That was a looooong way home that day :)

But good to hear that you're thinking of safety.
I know what you mean I had to shower as soon as I was finished I was so itchy even though I had covered up!
I always think of safety! :)

great work!

First off, your suit is coming along great. Good luck on them both. Your duct tape dummy is killer too!

You may have seen it here. This is the best duxt tape dummy tutorial I have seen by far. Hope it helps for those who want to make one.:Dhttp://www.405th.com/showthread.php/19547-Duct-Tape-Dummy-Tutorial?highlight=build+mannequin

Thanks! Im glad you like it, I hope it comes out a great as everyone hopes and as good as I hope :p

Update!

I just finished up with the left shoulder! and here she is with the shoulder attached and not attached.
Lets just let the armor speak for its self!
25rnmsk.jpg

fvefz6.jpg

2lxfq0p.jpg

So there you go! Hope you guys like. I have a 5 day weekend, So I'll finish the shins and maybe even the cod !

Any comment would be great, I love the feed back

Ps I also might redo the left forearm and make it a bit larger, I'll just have to wait and see how I feel lol.

Attachments

• 2lxfq0p.jpg
    2lxfq0p.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 159
  • fvefz6.jpg
    fvefz6.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 25rnmsk.jpg
    25rnmsk.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 163
Hey everyone!
As of right now I have nothing more to show because I had a long day just relaxed once I got home. I fell asleep, but now I'm up and still to lazy to do any pepping. haha. Tomorrow I will start bright and early so I can start and finish the shins!
See you guys then! and I hope you enjoy my build!

hey very, very nice armor, btw the shoulder that you made, not the attachment but the main shoulder, it's facing the wrong direction, the bump part that sticks out is supposed to face foreward like this

PICT0281.jpg

that bump isn't supposed to face the other way :p, hope this helped :)

Attachments

• PICT0281.jpg
    PICT0281.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 177
hey very, very nice armor, btw the shoulder that you made, not the attachment but the main shoulder, it's facing the wrong direction, the bump part that sticks out is supposed to face forward like this

that bump isn't supposed to face the other way :p, hope this helped :)

Are you kidding me !! :( I have to redo that piece all over again..gerr
I just looked back at the file and the maker of the folder I used named the right bicep as the left and the right as the left... Not a happy camper at the moment, but I'll get over it. I'm going to remake that bicep later, because I want to get the cod and shins started!
I will post an update later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back