Life Size Spartan build = Jorge -052

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updating my progress or should say a side project that relates to my build.

My daughter has been asking for an upgraded robotic arm because in her words” daddy my old one is made of plastic and doesn’t look real and would like one just like that girl Spartan…..please”Here are some pictures of the progress . The shoulder armor piece has four layers of matted fiber glass and a light coat of resin bondo to smooth out the inside. Now for the sanding a few finishing touches primer and paint.
040320011091.jpg

040320011088.jpg

There’s no way I can settle for a glove so I’ve been cutting up and experiment with all kinds of different materials to get a realistic robotic looking hand.

Forgot to mention she also wanted a backpack from the game and in her words “it needs to look like it’s from space and it has to have room for sheepy two Barbies and two other compartments for things I need to carry….please daddy” we agreed on rookies ODST backpack .
040320011094.jpg

Now in the picture you’re probably noticing the middle section is missing that is because I built four of them and have been experimenting with the way to make her backpack strong and light as it can be .
Picked up a few new tools one of them a vacuum pump for vacuum bagging the fiberglass parts. I filled the center sections with different types of low expansion foam subjected them to vacuum bagging. On a side note I must say some of the brands are not low expansion when they state they are :angry!!!!!I also have my forearm piece in a vacuum bag right now and bagged that one from the inside definitely will put up pictures later to demonstrate but according to gauge there is about 20 or so pounds per square inch on them right now.
Any feedback or ideas on making cats arm look even more robotic than putting some cloth under it feel free to share them:D

040320011091.jpg

040320011088.jpg

She wants a robot arm? oh my god, I love her. She know's what's bad arse. XD And a backpack too? this just gets better and better. Tell her she has a fan. <33

My daughter has been asking for an upgraded robotic arm because in her words” daddy my old one is made of plastic and doesn’t look real and would like one just like that girl Spartan…..please"
There’s no way I can settle for a glove so I’ve been cutting up and experiment with all kinds of different materials to get a realistic robotic looking hand.
Any feedback or ideas on making cats arm look even more robotic than putting some cloth under it feel free to share them:D

For just the hand, I'd check this thread.. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...es-TEAM-UP-second-try/page2?highlight=machine

mycam168.jpg
mycam167.jpg
At times I was beginning to think I was losing my mind and misplacing the smallest pieces and with photographic proof I found the culprits that have been taking my small pieces. The reality is it’s my fault because I told my daughter if she trained the hamsters to come when called and potty train them ,that she could let them out of the cage. So we are updating the rules that Emile and Kat are not allowed out when dad is working and I’m long past due updating my builds and couple more photos up later

mycam168.jpg

mycam168.jpg

mycam167.jpg

mycam167.jpg

mycam168.jpg

mycam167.jpg

Finally updating some progress on my builds and did not go out in the shop to take photos of what I’ve done out there so more to come….
build002.jpg
After work trying to find some motivation to work some more …..
build007.jpg
In my hands the world’s largest walkie-talkie… just kidding it’s the communication backpack and moving left to right Gungnir ,the kids pilot helmet a decorative mark V for my desk and another half finished ODST backpack
build009.jpg
I love kill zone also and once I’m done with the mark V I have Jack sparrows wig for it
build016.jpg
build017.jpg

Finally the right size chest piece starting to feel some actual progress and understanding how large Spartans are!!!

Out to shop for resin and more work ………….

build002.jpg

build002.jpg

build007.jpg

build007.jpg

build009.jpg

build009.jpg

build016.jpg

build016.jpg

build017.jpg

build017.jpg

build002.jpg

build007.jpg

build009.jpg

build016.jpg

build017.jpg

...Bad-ass.

The back pack is looking good. Yep! got to protect the Barbies from blasts. ha ha ha

She wants a robot arm? oh my god, I love her. She know's what's bad arse. XD And a backpack too? this just gets better and better. Tell her she has a fan. <33

Thanks for the link on the thread but I found a different route to go with metal that’s probably easier than Pep the hands

it coming out awsome.....im diggin it

Chest piece is looking good

Thanks for all the compliments and the support!!! :D

Weekend with the kids and we decided to do some testing. What better way to test the construction methods than with 2600 rounds in our air soft rifles and how well they hold up under various circumstances ,we subjected them to a ballistics test. This Master chief test piece held up the best to the test criteria. Of the six we built this was the only one that was not cut to shreds. Glad we did it because I’m new to the world of composites and by pulling apart the pieces I was able to see where my flaws were from various construction methods. Other than the knowledge gained is more fun than you can imagine.
5232011018.jpg

5232011018.jpg

5232011018.jpg

5232011018.jpg

Uh, destruction! More pictures please! :-D
I mean, strictly as a deterrent of course, so nobody uses their armour while airsofting :)

Uh, destruction! More pictures please! :-D
I mean, strictly as a deterrent of course, so nobody uses their armour while airsofting :)

Watching the chess pieces fly apart and Styrofoam stands getting cut down was the most fun I’ve had this year…….
Unfortunately we did the test at a rock quarry down the road and didn’t bring the camera which will go down on one of my top 10 regrets in life. We also used the test to educate some people I knew they were interested in building Halo armor for air soft. The one in the photo had seven layers of fiberglass and six coats of resin (three coats of resin had milled fiberglass in them as well ) and it started to fail within 500 to 600 rounds but overall it held up better than expected. All air soft weapons used in this test were shooting well over 450 ft./sAnd my buddies are no longer interested in building armor for air soft

Jorge is 7’4 ? I scaled everything for 7’3.... So that means I’m Only 98.65% of a life-size Spartan

Well scrap the project then if it's not 100 percent. Just kidding, your suit so far looks too good not to be used, awesomepic job so far! Can't wait to see a life sized spartan~

Well scrap the project then if it's not 100 percent. Just kidding, your suit so far looks too good not to be used, awesomepic job so far! Can't wait to see a life sized spartan~

You’re absolutely right and this is the type of honesty the forums need !!!! If it’s not 100% start over and don’t stop till it’s 100%

I’ve been in collaboration with RUZE 789 easily one of the best members this site has !!!

Now this might seem like a very pro- RUZE 789 post and you are correct . There is a ton of bias here about how awesome RUZE 789 is, AKA Capt. Awesome !! Has been a ton of help and a pleasure to work with so here are some pictures of my failed PAX appearance . Just didn’t have the time leading up to the event to get everything done. Since it was a rush job and was slapping paint on, skipping detail trying to cut corners to be ready . So spent this week stripping down the pieces and adding detail and properly finishing them . Now in the final stages of my build just adding detail and the under suit …

The old shin piece standing next to the properly sized shin. For those of you that missed PAX was a life size replica of Jorge and the feet/shins were identical in size .
tab1154.jpg
tab1158.jpg

Here is a picture of the left shoulder piece again as accurate as the life-size replica down to half an inch
tab1156.jpg

Here is a photo of the form attachments for Jorge and when finished they will be fully detachable held on by metal brackets ..
tab1157.jpg

Done a little bit of bragging about my sewing skills so here are a few pictures of the inner thigh pieces along with a picture of the pants and my professional quality finish … lastly discovered EVA foam and surprisingly how durable it is an easy to work with so there will be a few finishing touches with that

tab1160.jpg

tab1163.jpg
tab1162.jpg

Much more to come and next time you see RUZE’s 789 name on one of the threads just remember working with him will help make your project Epic, lastly if you’re asking for any custom help don’t expect him to work for free .. Also I joined the dawn under heaven team as a producer and RUZE 789 is helping me with some weapons so you might want to follow that thread

tab1154.jpg

tab1154.jpg

tab1158.jpg

tab1158.jpg

tab1156.jpg

tab1156.jpg

tab1157.jpg

tab1157.jpg

tab1160.jpg

tab1160.jpg

tab1163.jpg

tab1163.jpg

tab1162.jpg

tab1162.jpg

tab1154.jpg

tab1158.jpg

tab1156.jpg

tab1157.jpg

tab1160.jpg

tab1163.jpg

tab1162.jpg

I have been waiting for updates for soo long!! I am happy :) Great work man, I like how everythings coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back