Life Size Spartan build = Jorge -052

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha this is turning out awsome like i said im checkin this out like 3 times a day XP, i might have more posts in this thread than you! XD. anyway good work on the little pieces up their, bet that was fun for ya... and just cuz i've played it and so has every other person here in reach the back pack and helm piece don't do anything but look pretty... i'd imagine he keeps ammo in the back pack though

That’s what my guess was on the backpack . It was just stuffed full of ammo. Just like everybody else here I played the campaign and didn’t see him do anything with it. Except when they crashed it showed him putting his backpack. I’ll watch it again to see if they allude to how he attached it.

You're really booking on this! I wonder how long you can keep this pace up. ^_-

Along time ^_-

My big update for the weekend

Finished the chest piece for the most part needs a little tweaking here and there but………………………I had a bad feeling when I got the top plate done that it was too small . I knew it was to small halfway through…… so I just finished it for experience and my mistake was…
I’m using the new material and used my enormous paper instead of my Super massive paper……………
New one printed of on super massive paper all 19 sheets of it versus my 13 sheets on enormous paper last time….
Jorgebuild004-4.jpg

Jorgebuild003-4.jpg

Jorgebuild012-1.jpg

Jorgebuild010-1.jpg

This last photo shows you just how much I’m off by
Jorgebuild007-4.jpg

I know I’ll be able to do the next chest piece of little quicker I just feel like I can pick the pace up a little.
With all the 227 parts cut out it took me a good 8 ½ hours to finish this morning. I was just wondering from the veterans if this is good time ??

Jorgebuild004-4.jpg

Jorgebuild003-4.jpg

Jorgebuild012-1.jpg

Jorgebuild010-1.jpg

Jorgebuild007-4.jpg

Looks great! A bit small probably, like you said, but great nonetheless! The time sounds extremely good...I didn't have mine all cut out, but I put in near 25 hours to get to where I am (about 20 pieces left) on the same torso (huge beginner). Fantastic pepping...can't wait to see this completed!

8 hours gawwwd you are soooo slooow ;) I'm kidding. Pat yourself on the back man. Dude. You're insane, that's some mad pepping speed! Seriously well done. Looks great with the back pack. I think you mentioned somewhere that you're a big dude, I think the chest piece will be interesting to fit properly. I'm in the same boat, so figuring how best to seat it will be the fun part :)

But good progress man, you are a tank with this production line! Looking great!

Coming from veterans, time isn't something you look at. We always try to stress patience. I've been working on my pistol for about 2 months now, and Im still no where near done with it. Take your time is all I have to say, and make sure you do your armor in small sections, then glue the smaller sections into each other, so if you mess up, you don't end up with a failed product.

so wait is that the new chest? or the old one? if its the new one i was gonna say the back pack look a little big :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say from what we have come up with is to decide where you are going to split the torso (if you are) and just go from there. He built the back and the front of his jorge torso seperately.

wow thats a nice torso piece. This is one heck of a project. what are you going to do with the small torso? I'm thinking maybe some sort of display? maybe a lamp?

Looks great! A bit small probably, like you said, but great nonetheless! The time sounds extremely good...I didn't have mine all cut out, but I put in near 25 hours to get to where I am (about 20 pieces left) on the same torso (huge beginner). Fantastic pepping...can't wait to see this completed!

By no means am I an expert at pep work …yet . it’s not a little small, it’s really tiny for someone like me lol
your into your torso builds 25 hours ? That includes cutting and gluing together ?
By the way your torso looks extremely good !! very clean folds . From what I gather that saves you hours in the later stages but then again I’m also huge beginner at this to

8 hours gawwwd you are soooo slooow ;) I'm kidding. Pat yourself on the back man. Dude. You're insane, that's some mad pepping speed! Seriously well done. Looks great with the back pack. I think you mentioned somewhere that you're a big dude, I think the chest piece will be interesting to fit properly. I'm in the same boat, so figuring how best to seat it will be the fun part :)

But good progress man, you are a tank with this production line! Looking great!
I knew it I knew it I knew it that was a super slow time ! Thanks for the props man:D I’m going to have to remanufacture the torso but it was good experience with the new material. As I was building it , roll around some ideas about mounting the torso section and getting it to sit right. his torso sit’s the highest of all the Spartan characters due to the fact that his armor plate is bolted onto the standard Spartan armor so I’m trying to take that into account. I have a few ideas on how to make up the difference but they’re not coherent thoughts worthy of putting the text yet lo

Coming from veterans, time isn't something you look at. We always try to stress patience. I've been working on my pistol for about 2 months now, and Im still no where near done with it. Take your time is all I have to say, and make sure you do your armor in small sections, then glue the smaller sections into each other, so if you mess up, you don't end up with a failed product.

I’m doing my best to be patient with project and I completely understand where you’re coming from on not worrying about how long it takes you but how well you do it. As a company owner I’m always looking at the time factor of how long things take and project a finish date. thanks for the encouragement and by the way you set the bar very high with your pistol it looks simply amazing :)

so wait is that the new chest? or the old one? if its the new one i was gonna say the back pack look a little big :/

That’s my old torso piece I put it next to the backpack to show how much I was off by :( hopefully I’ll get some time this weekend to build a new larger one :) I think with my new method and material I can cut my time down by a few hours

I would say from what we have come up with is to decide where you are going to split the torso (if you are) and just go from there. He built the back and the front of his jorge torso seperately.

I’ve seen some other people who had the torso splitting method but I’m rolling around some ideas about incorporating the under suit into the torso but right now they’re just a bunch of sketches and notes in my book.

wow thats a nice torso piece. This is one heck of a project. what are you going to do with the small torso? I'm thinking maybe some sort of display? maybe a lamp?

As of tonight the torso just volunteered itself as an experimental piece that will be fiberglass on the inside. Detailed on the outside and put through the paint shop and then a torture test to find out how durable it is . where I can improve on the strength because it has to be strong enough to take a tumble in the real world

Not much of an update but I took on an easy piece of armor today.I did as much as I could on top of 12 hour days this week....
IMG00317-1.jpg

IMG00316-1.jpg

just in case you looked close at the photos I glued tabs at the bottom just as a temp to help hold shape
more to come ......soon

IMG00317-1.jpg

IMG00316-1.jpg

Your EVA Shoulder seems to have a shine on the left side, did you use glossy cardstock of glue spilled a bit?

Looking great! Man you are way ahead of me on all your progress. It's as if you know what you're doing and I do not. ;) I'm excited to keep watching your build!

Your EVA Shoulder seems to have a shine on the left side, did you use glossy cardstock of glue spilled a bit?

Your eyes do not deceive you. It does have a shine to it . My low definition camera does not show the best detail right now . When I have time I’m going to run down to the store and pick a new one up ( kids ,water , picture taking, laughing = the need for a new camera )

From left to right the paper I’m using for my builds

Your standard 110 pound card stock in standard letter size 8 ½ x11
Thickness 0.008in or .21mm

A new paper material I have labeled Enormous Paper in two variants. Not sure on the equivalent to card stock in pounds
1 Thickness 0.011in or 0.29mm with a matte finish slightly more rigid than standard card stock 8 ½x28in
2 Thickness 0.015in or 0.38mm with a glossy finish considerably more rigid 8½ x28 in

Third type of paper I use, I have labeled super massive paper 11½x28
Thickness 0.012in or 0.31mm
Media_CardBlackBerrypicturespaper.jpg

I had to come up with something because some of the parts would not fit on standard letter paper and the spans were too much for the paper to maintain integrity. The first piece built with the glossy card stock with my chest piece that manufactured to small but I had great success with how rigid the torso is. My new one
is printed on my super massive paper lol

Media_CardBlackBerrypicturespaper.jpg

Looking great! Man you are way ahead of me on all your progress. It's as if you know what you're doing and I do not. ;) I'm excited to keep watching your build!

Thanks !!! I only pretend I know what I’m doing. I have a heavy construction and engineering background but everything I’m doing here is completely new to me to and I’m watching your build to :)

Looking good man :) Another piece cranked out. Has your son started to bug you with 'Daaadd is it done yet?" ;)

I’m trying to turn this into the Northwest Spartan production facility :rolleyes lol it’s much worse then dad are you done yet . He printed off his own weapons and helmet and says “ Daaaad time to start mine and why are you moving so slow” he says the last part in a nice way:)

EVA helmet in the back. just stressed out about that one haven’t seen a good way to do a visor but I’m thinking
Media_CardBlackBerrypicturesmatthewpaper.jpg

Spartan knife on the left and an assault rifle on the right
Going to stop on mine for a day in knock out a knife this weekend

Media_CardBlackBerrypicturesmatthewpaper.jpg

looking good. I like the eva shoulder. I prefer the armor pieces that make the spartan look more like a walking tank. ex: jorges armor. It just seems that as big and bad as the spartans are that the bigger armor just suits them better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back