Life Size Spartan build = Jorge -052

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Yes there's unconfirmed reports of another spartan II production facility on the east coast lol. Dude, you can imagine the dilemma your son is in though. He's about to receive props he can show off to his friends forever and have bragging rights forever. You can't blame him for being excited! And on another note, holy crap, is that engineering paper? That is insanely long stuff!

This is looking awsome, im curious about the paper, where could one get some and can it work for a ordinary printer?

It's looking great so far! It's really clean, and I love the backpack - I almost hate that I made mine that's just a big square now, hahah. Can't wait to see some more!

This is AWSOME, great work, oh btw you have a very lucky son.

NECROKITTEN.jpg

NECROKITTEN.jpg

Good to be back

Have been away since thanksgiving, have had some personal tragedies and now I’m back to working on my armor. I know some of you have sent me some PM asking for files and I will be getting them off to you this weekend.
This last week I finally was able to get back to work and finished peping the gun. Have covered the outside of the gun with fiberglass to add the strength it needed just to move it around without falling apart. Now I can start to cut it apart to glass the inside to make strong enough to be tossed around without being damaged. This is what I finished so far and more updates coming
newcam180.jpg

newcam180.jpg

newcam180.jpg

newcam180.jpg

Your eyes do not deceive you. It does have a shine to it . My low definition camera does not show the best detail right now . When I have time I’m going to run down to the store and pick a new one up ( kids ,water , picture taking, laughing = the need for a new camera )

From left to right the paper I’m using for my builds

Your standard 110 pound card stock in standard letter size 8 ½ x11
Thickness 0.008in or .21mm

A new paper material I have labeled Enormous Paper in two variants. Not sure on the equivalent to card stock in pounds
1 Thickness 0.011in or 0.29mm with a matte finish slightly more rigid than standard card stock 8 ½x28in
2 Thickness 0.015in or 0.38mm with a glossy finish considerably more rigid 8½ x28 in

Third type of paper I use, I have labeled super massive paper 11½x28
Thickness 0.012in or 0.31mm
Media_CardBlackBerrypicturespaper.jpg

I had to come up with something because some of the parts would not fit on standard letter paper and the spans were too much for the paper to maintain integrity. The first piece built with the glossy card stock with my chest piece that manufactured to small but I had great success with how rigid the torso is. My new one
is printed on my super massive paper lol
This is looking awsome, im curious about the paper, where could one get some and can it work for a ordinary printer?

I am also interested in this paper, and that gun file :) but the paper holds great interest to me .

Media_CardBlackBerrypicturespaper.jpg

Good to have you back, big guy! Though I hope you're okay.
The gun looks freaking awesome... and huge. o_O I hope it's light, otherwise it'll be a pain to carry around.

That's crazy, I had a fleeting thought to make one of those myself, then i saw the pep file and never looked back haha. But i am also curious as to where or how you got paper that size. Full size pepakura warthog anyone???!?!?! lol

Lots of questions on the paper and I’m looking myself for a new source. My carpenter gave me the paper we used to have tons of laying around the shop and was called template paper. Came 36x48in and had a glossy side and you can paint the resin right on that side. It was much harder to work with than card stock happy to share my tips with you. This is the bad news called the supplier and there out of business and I’m trying to find a new one. I did most of the gun in poster board and cut it to fit the printer. With the longer paper you can really cut down on the number of parts. The gun was 376 parts on 91 sheets to 312 parts on 33 sheets. Getting better at cutting the number of parts my chest was 227 parts on 34 sheets to 122 parts on 19 sheets. Right now I’m using 24x28 poster board ( till I find a new supplier )and cutting them out on the plot/cutter , works great on the bigger pieces but on the smaller ones you still have to printer on card stock and the really small pieces still have to cut by hand . Feel free to ask any thing about working on the thicker paper to save you the learning curve.
how did you find the pep file for that gun? I want oneeeeeee.
If you ask nicely people around here will share it
Good to have you back, big guy! Though I hope you're okay.
The gun looks freaking awesome... and huge. o_O I hope it's light, otherwise it'll be a pain to carry around.
Thanks RoxyRoo !! Would put what happened but don’t want to make people depressed. The gun will be a little on the heavy side about 24 pounds when glassed out and your build is sweet!
That gun is looking real good.
Thanks Man
That thing is Huge! *thats what she said* No I don't mean that, But wow, just Wow! Looks awesome.
I know what you mean!! haha Thanks
...mummy...thats gunna be scary to walk next to.
Not trying to be scary, but walking about at just over 400lbs makes me scared I won’t see a little person .......
That gun looks INSANE! lol really looking forward to seeing this done, awesome job there
Thanks Buddy
That's crazy, I had a fleeting thought to make one of those myself, then i saw the pep file and never looked back haha. But i am also curious as to where or how you got paper that size. Full size pepakura warthog anyone???!?!?! lol
I was thinking smaller like a golf cart with a 6in lift, big ATV tires, and 48 volt system with 15 hp motor….. Could be leaking phase 2 of my build and possibly buying parts here and there …. But the info is still top secrete lol

Looking very good man, looks like your taking your time with scaling. Keep it up man

Thanks buddy! I severely underestimated the amount of time and energy and effort it takes to produce an armor suit. Looking back on your and aces threads I have so much more appreciation and really impressed with the quality and speed you got yours done in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back