Life-Sized Master Chief Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmiller

Jr Member
Well I've been gone from the forms for awhile. I've been mainly just waiting until summer when I can actually do things again but even then, I don't think I have any major plans. So what I started doing earlier is working on a life sized painting of the Chief. It's 7 feet tall. I will post more pics as I progress lol.

-Cheers!

JackSkelling10

IMG_3339.jpg

Looks great! My only advice would be is that he seems... too stiff. His legs and arms need a bit more animation, and perhaps a slight twist to the body. But this promises to be awesome!

I gotta say, I'm lovin the detail. My only concern is that his torso seems too thin. sorta makes me think of
Mastercat.jpg
tell me if i'm wrong or if that was too harsh

Boba Fett said:
Looks great! My only advice would be is that he seems... too stiff. His legs and arms need a bit more animation, and perhaps a slight twist to the body. But this promises to be awesome!

This. Imagine a human spine (or look up a picture of one if you don't know what it looks like). It has a curve to it. This curve means that even when a person is standing "straight", they will still be bent in some way or another. A simple fix would be to jut one leg to the side, so one leg is straight and the other is slightly bent. You may also need to lower a shoulder to make it look natural, but once it's done, it will look a lot more realistic and aesthetically pleasing than the military attention you were (I'm assuming) going for.

EDIT: Looking at it again, it seems as though you tried to do this, the knees are asymmetrical. It almost looks like he is mid-step, but you need to follow the motion through the whole body. The thigh and upper chest twist slightly in a step. For a really good reference, pose yourself in shorts and no shirt how you want MC's pose to be (The lack of clothes makes it easier to discern the direction of the body, rather than direction of the fabric) and take a picture. Looks very clean so far, though, keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first pic, the girl's expression in the tv fits this awesome thread, the second also fits, we all fainted when we saw it.

Very clean BTW ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back