Location Shout Outs: Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.
FORUM NAME: mjjmk
NAME: Mark Kochuk
SKILLS: pretty good with pepping and i have ALLOT of experience with painting and woodwork. i also have a ton of equipment. plus i do some circuitry and anything to do with computing.
STATUS: ive done props and stuff before, just new to suits and weapons. currently working on a mark 6 suit (halo not iron man)

FORUM NAME: Kinggoobero
NAME: Alex Bourget
SKILLS: Decent with computer graphics (still learning), arts and craft in general (no where near an expert at anything just alright in a wide variety of things which made my current project not so difficult haha) and lastly gaming ;)

Btw that should tie up Texas and California. awwwwwwwhhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhh

FORUM NAME: Elkman
NAME: Todd Murray
SKILLS: Sculpting props, molding and casting with brushable and pourable silicones and polyurethane plastics, electronics (such as Arduino boards), thermoforming/vacuforming, and some pepakura.

By the way, we have a group of six to eight people in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota area doing Halo ODST costumes for next summer's CONvergence convention. If you want to join us, look me up here or on Facebook.

Forum Name: PsychoMike

Name: Miguel Trujillo

Skills: Basic armoring, sanding, applying bondo and fiberglass resin, armor strapping, visor installing as well as padding, etc.

*FORUM NAME: Sky_Walker

*NAME: Walker Tollett

*SKILLS: Mechanics, Tactical Stradegist (only other thing)

FORUM NAME: Shrubpig
NAME: Nick
SKILLS: creating songs from pre-made sounds (sampling)

FORUM NAME: Saber
NAME: Alexis
SKILLS: Pepakura, basic armoring, concept artist, simple movie making via Windows Movie Maker
STATUS: Not rookie, but not a pro (gotta love the happy medium)

-FORUM NAME: Games001
-NAME: Craig/Oberon
-SKILLS: Arcade Machine Builder and programs, Chainmaile experience, general costuming.
-STATUS: Rather Noobish, very much looking to meet NYC or other locals to the area to help get some hands on time with armors.

• FORUM NAME: Spaztic_chief445
  • NAME: Jeff Ranaldi
  • SKILLS: pepakura, Carpentry, Bondo, free hand sketching, Fast learner

FORUM NAME: Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales
NAME: Seth
LOCATION: Indiana, roughly Clinton county (I don't live in town)
SKILLS: Concept Artwork, Screenwriting (rough short film drafts not professional), my pep skills are little to zip (No modeling.)

forum name: Z0M8I3

name: Tim

city: Morgan County, Ky

skills: pepakura models / fiberglass / bondo / detailing / Foam Carving / Woodworking

Can't believe there was no one on the list in Post #1 from KY...am I really as alone(locally) in this hobby as I feel I am..lol.

* FORUM NAME: DeRanKeR

* NAME: Donald Corrigan

* SKILLS: Pepakura (most of my paper models come out decent)
- Drawing (BIG help when it comes to planning and visualizing what you are making- did a bit of Drafting and Design Tech at Daytona State College.)
- Painting (comes relatively easy- just show me the technique- if I don't already know it- and you will have what you are looking for)
- BONDO (I've been around this crap my whole life... I've gotten so much on my hands and other areas that it no longer bothers me *DISCLAIMER!!*: I in no way condone others
to work with Bondo or Resins of any kind without the proper protection!)
-Electronics ( meh, as long as the amperage isn't enough to kill me, or the voltage is below 500 volts I'm happy..... although I usually have no clue, simple electronics are fun to play with.)
WHAT I SUCK AT: 3D rendering especially... the only 3D models I ever made was for the Google Building Maker, and only 2 of those were accepted.

Attention: Non-US!

Forum name: Sealgair

Name: Thorolf

City, State, Country: Ansbach, Bavaria, Germany

Skills: Pepakura

*FORUM NAME: xxxxM0NSTERxxxx
*Name: Emiliano
*SKILLS: wiring, crafting, and imaging

This seems like a cool idea!

FORUM NAME: ReveilleWolfie
NAME: Chris Wolfie
SKILLS: Newbie to Armor, Learning Photoshop, Have had a Hand in Sony Vegas.

FORUM NAME: MjolnirGraphics
NAME: MJ
SKILLS:
Areas of expertise (Subject to Change & Expansion)
3D Modeling = I've got a 4 year degree in Modeling... yeah... I know what I'm doing... Also experienced in Texturing, Animation, Rendering, Motion Capture, Virtual Reality, and VR Programming
Pepakura = Not an expert, but I've played around with it a fair bit
Pep work = Built probably like 6 helmets so far, never went past the paper stage though...
Resin = Never done it but I think I understand this part
Fiberglass/Rondo = I've worked with fiberglass before (built a plane) but I'm a little fuzzy on its use in this application
Bondo = I am REALLY kinda lost on this part... I'm worked a fair bit with sanding and finishing wood products though...
Painting = I'm not too great at the artsy stuff, but give me some masking tape and I can lay down a decent solid coat.
Strapping = Worked a little bit with rock climbing, rappelling and equipment loadouts
Overall Pep-Armor Skill = See above
Overall Foam-Armor Skill = Never touched the foam stuff... I'm not a huge fan of the final look :-/
Soft Armor = Never worked in leather, but I'm a pretty decent tailor, give me a pattern, and I'm good. Never worked without a pattern before though...
Scratch-Building = Oh, I suck at this...
Sculpting = Also suck at this...
Molding/Casting = Done a fair bit of similar things, willing to give it a shot. Kinda interested in the process of creating copies of components via a silicone mold.
Vacuforming = Uh... as a kid, I played with a 3 inch square one? And used one once in Industrial Tech in middle school.
Metal Work/Welding = Worked with metal, never welded though...
Wood Work = In my Dad's shop back home I can make just about anything you want
Electronics = Not to great at circuit design. But give me a diagram and a list of parts and I can build anything you can throw at me
Weapons = modded and painted a fair number of nerf guns

FORUM NAME: Animagmus
NAME: H
SKILLS: Reasonable at pepping, Debating the finer points of the Halo Universe, Other Multimedia

FORUM NAME: Seneschal
NAME: Brandi H.
SKILLS:
No experience at the following: Peppakura of any type, fiberglass, bondo, etc., vacuforming, electronics, metal work/welding.
Some experience with: Foam building, wood work, molding/casting, strapping, leather work.
Experienced with: Sewing, fabric pattern-making, fabric costume alterations/fittings, costume makeup (did the makeup for a local haunted house one year; crap pay but was fun and a great learning experience!), painting, design, 2D art, sculpting (not usually for armor related things, but ehh), and flying by the seat of my pants.

Would love to know if anyone's gotten together to work on stuff with anyone else from this forum. It sounds fun!!

FORUM NAME: elettrozero
NAME: Luigi Ermini
SKILLS: Pep/Resin/Filler/Sanding/Electronics (lot of electronics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back